GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
This might help someone out

[attachment=16719:Untitled.png]

Fine print says valid during midnight release but says 8/24-26 so I dunno

Yeah, I was actually just about to post about that. The TiVs (at least the 10 or so I've checked) are the same so it looks like this is still up and running. Good news for me since I ran into a few more copies of AC Rogue yesterday locally for $10.
By locally do you mean mom and pop shop or a local branch of a chain?

First time trading at Gamestop in years, picked up gamers pro unlocked. Traded in Super Smash Wii U for $44.00, Borderlands 2 GOTY $16.50 (Have limited edition Loot Box for 360 and Xbox One Handsom Collection) Far Cry 4 360 for $24.75 (Bought yesterday at Target for $14) and Mario and Sonic Winter Olympic for $11 ($6 Wii mote woot woot). Wish I got in on the last Gamestop trade in deal but today was solid.
o_O how did u get FC4 for $14 @ Target? I must've missed some sale yesterday coz when I look it up it says $39.99 lol

And trading in 3 copies of the same game on different days this weekend is okay right and the oldest copy rolls off after 30 days? The 4th time would get a trade ban right? or would the 4th one go thru but next attempt will show up as trade banned? If ur trade banned, is it by ID only, so can someone still use ur pur acct to trade in or is the acct banned lol

I'm not sure if it's been mentioned but yesterday I was given a 10% off discount for "new" opened games that I purchased at 3 different Gamestop stores. I didn't even have to ask them. Is this like a new policy? Or were these isolated cases?

o_O how did u get FC4 for $14 @ Target? I must've missed some sale yesterday coz when I look it up it says $39.99 lol
Target had a promo last week where you could get a discount on PS4/XB1 games bought with a preorder card in the same transaction, and FC4 was $19.99 at both Amazon and Target.com. Some employees didn't mind doing a price-match and letting the transaction go through despite the price dropping after scanning the preorder card.

Also, there was a 10% Cartwheel discount on all video games that was good through the Monday of that week.

Trying to use CAG16...

It only applies to some of the games in my cart.

Any reason why it doesn't apply to all the Used games I have in there?

"Save 16% Off in-stock pre-owned games & dvds. Offer valid Online only. Used Game Bundles Excluded, Other Exclusions May Apply and Subject to Availability"

I'm not sure if it's been mentioned but yesterday I was given a 10% off discount for "new" opened games that I purchased at 3 different Gamestop stores. I didn't even have to ask them. Is this like a new policy? Or were these isolated cases?
That's always been an option but you usually had to ask for it.

Trying to use CAG16...
It only applies to some of the games in my cart.

Any reason why it doesn't apply to all the Used games I have in there?

"Save 16% Off in-stock pre-owned games & dvds. Offer valid Online only. Used Game Bundles Excluded, Other Exclusions May Apply and Subject to Availability"
The ones it doesn't apply to are probably out of stock.

And I'm stilled trade banned from GameStop so there goes the far cry flips lol

Thanks for the Far Cry tip, bought 1 360 and 1 PS3. Using that for more flips back to Best Buy, which equals more money at Best Buy. 

They were in stock.
(I dont think you can add OOS stuff to your cart)
You can add OOS stuff to your cart. They just get removed from your cart once you go to checkout. It happens because there is a delay in their system not properly showing its OOS. Did you try to checkout?

The only instance I've seen of cag16 not working on some items while it works on others is because the stuff was OOS. First time I saw it happen was earlier this month.

if anyone is looking for a small credit mover from BB to GS...new copies of Far Cry 4 360/ps3 are $16 with GCU...trades into GS for $24.75 with PUR until the end of today with the special TIV bumps
Thanks for this, I was able to get 2 each PS and 360 thus letting me net moving $93 of GS credit to $207 BB credit today.

You can add OOS stuff to your cart. They just get removed from your cart once you go to checkout. It happens because there is a delay in their system not properly showing its OOS. Did you try to checkout?

The only instance I've seen of cag16 not working on some items while it works on others is because the stuff was OOS. First time I saw it happen was earlier this month.
Ooo

But yeah I checked out, only applied to a few of the games and not all the PreOwned.

:whistle2:k

Tried to do 1 more each of Far Cry at a different Gamestop and was told "Company Policy doesn't allow us to take 2 of the same game." I said it was on different consoles but the manager didn't care. The cashier was going to do it but no go on the manager. Just went to a different GS, no big deal. 

Also love the lady at Best Buy that didn't care what I was trading in or how many. Plus she was eating a snack during the transaction and did the trade right and fast. Wish she was at every store I trade at (i'm serious btw).

Tried to do 1 more each of Far Cry at a different Gamestop and was told "Company Policy doesn't allow us to take 2 of the same game." I said it was on different consoles but the manager didn't care. The cashier was going to do it but no go on the manager. Just went to a different GS, no big deal.

Also love the lady at Best Buy that didn't care what I was trading in or how many. Plus she was eating a snack during the transaction and did the trade right and fast. Wish she was at every store I trade at (i'm serious btw).
Should be fun for me tomorrow looking at trading in like 20 games i got from GS. Can't wait to see there face when i bring them in. lol

Should be fun for me tomorrow looking at trading in like 20 games i got from GS. Can't wait to see there face when i bring them in. lol
I did 28 today and the lady at best buy was cool like no658ea3 was talking about. The 3 copies of Tropico 5 for 360, she was like woah, these trade in for almost $20 each! Left with a few bucks shy of a $600 gift card.

They still wouldn't take any games without the case and original artwork. They def wouldn't budge on that but I knew that going in so I didn't waste my time with any.

I did 28 today and the lady at best buy was cool like no658ea3 was talking about. The 3 copies of Tropico 5 for 360, she was like woah, these trade in for almost $20 each! Left with a few bucks shy of a $600 gift card.

They still wouldn't take any games without the case and original artwork. They def wouldn't budge on that but I knew that going in so I didn't waste my time with any.
That's awesome. I did around $600 but split it up in 4 transactions at 3 different stores. I also can't wait for the day an employee tells me I can't trade in a disc only game (or one in a GS case) and I can then walk to the Gaming section and pick out a disc only used game. Would love to see the reaction.

I told them I buy used games from them all the time and sometimes they come disc only. They just told me they don't accept them. Lol whatever. I even asked a few diff people on separate occasions and they all said no. Next Best buy is like 40 min away but I have at least 5 GS in a 10-15 mile radius. Made it easy to use 2 B2G1 free coupons at 2 diff stores today. One even came up as being used already but they still let it go through. Def a good day!

That's awesome. I did around $600 but split it up in 4 transactions at 3 different stores. I also can't wait for the day an employee tells me I can't trade in a disc only game (or one in a GS case) and I can then walk to the Gaming section and pick out a disc only used game. Would love to see the reaction.
Call your store in Peoria, IL and set em straight boss man! Tell em that you've been getting complaints and you don't like it! Haha

Traded 8 games into BB over the last two days.

Spent $35.03 GS credit + 36,000 PUR points ---> $106.40 BB credit

Now my GS credit total is down to $285. I've paid off Rock Band 4 Band Box and Super Mario Maker. Now will sit for awhile waiting on some good stuff to come from this fall lineup of games.

Thanks to whoever posted that far cry 4 flip. Luckily my bestbuy still had some. I want to do 2 more tomorrow if they don't fix it lol. The gs employee was like 2 of the same game eh? I also asked for cash for 2 of the games and was told I have so many points. That jr detective would probably get me banned one day.

I can't wait for madden tiv to be posted @bestbuy so I can move some of that gs credit with b2g1

I had a pretty similar experience trading in yesterday. Went in with a large stack (20+) and the lady didn't even care lol. She was just happy to have something to do I think, the store was pretty empty.

I had a pretty similar experience trading in yesterday. Went in with a large stack (20+) and the lady didn't even care lol. She was just happy to have something to do I think, the store was pretty empty.
lol

I CAN'T STRESS enough how much I love the attitude of this employee. She didn't give a shit what was going on, we need more people like her.

The first store I went to (on Sunday) 3 people where hanging out by store pickup and this poor girl had to deal with 3 TV returns in a row (2 of the 3 where huge dicks) plus my Trade-In. I wanted to say "Hey assholes you don't get paid to stand there"

Assassins Creed Rogue xb360  sells $22 with PRO and on sale for $16 GCU @BB. Not as great as Far Cry but its something.

Ymmv but Walmart has the double pack with Rogue and Black Flag ONLINE for @$18 which is about sells about $25 at Gamestop.

If the values hold till tomorrow, I hope :pray:  

FYI the guaranteed GS value for the first month of Madden is $30 on all versions, no $40/$30 like last year. I'm assuming that's how it will be for all the fall games.

lol

I CAN'T STRESS enough how much I love the attitude of this employee. She didn't give a shit what was going on, we need more people like her.

The first store I went to (on Sunday) 3 people where hanging out by store pickup and this poor girl had to deal with 3 TV returns in a row (2 of the 3 where huge dicks) plus my Trade-In. I wanted to say "Hey assholes you don't get paid to stand there"
Remember HR policies - you can't call a spade, a spade, when they come in to affect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back