GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
They lowered the TIV of :ps4: Final Fantasy X/X-II from $27.50 to &18. Those bastards. They must have done it in the middle of the day.

Here are the upcoming trade promos that are part of the next marketing period, 8/31-9/20:

Guaranteed $30 TIV: MGSV, Super Mario Maker, FIFA 16, Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer, NHL 16
- All versions of the multiplatform games will trade in for $30

10% off of these games with a PS4/XB1 game trade:
MGSV, Super Mario Maker, FIFA 16, Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer, NHL 16
- Each promo period will be valid from the game release date until the end of the following day

$100 TIV for PS3 Slim 120 GB+ or 360 Slim 250 GB towards a new PS4 console.

Here are the upcoming trade promos that are part of the next marketing period, 8/31-9/20:

Guaranteed $30 TIV: MGSV, Super Mario Maker, FIFA 16, Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer, NHL 16

- Each promo period will be valid from the game release date until the end of the following day

No more $150 huh, well missed my chance so I'll just keep the console and the $30 TIV is depressing so I'm guessing Amazon, BB and maybe even dare say it Walmart will be better.

Can jr detectives see games you've returned or see how many you've returned? Apparently one piece steelbook didn't have a barcode to scan and I should just wait for a price drop with all these games coming out

No more $150 huh, well missed my chance so I'll just keep the console and the $30 TIV is depressing so I'm guessing Amazon, BB and maybe even dare say it Walmart will be better.
The $30 TIV for Happy Home Designer is probably the best you'll get for a 3DS game anywhere.

It's dissapointing seeing only 30$ guaranteed for MGSV , looks like that will be the case for all the fall titles . For Madden it makes sense them only giving 30$ . That way they don't get stuck with a ton of copies of a sports title . It was nice having the guaranteed 40$ at GS as a backup if the values dropped at BB before finishing a game .

off topic: someone is willing to trade his brand new gopro hero4 for my limited batman ps4 without the game. Do you guys it's a good deal specially that I haven't touch my ps4 since it came out (busy working and kids). I see only myself using the gopro when I'm out with my kids. On PS4, I'm just waiting for bo3 and I have tons of credit at gamestop. Sorry if I cluster this thread, I just need an opinion if it's a fair trade or I have gain. TIA

off topic: someone is willing to trade his brand new gopro hero4 for my limited batman ps4 without the game. Do you guys it's a good deal specially that I haven't touch my ps4 since it came out (busy working and kids). I see only myself using the gopro when I'm out with my kids. On PS4, I'm just waiting for bo3 and I have tons of credit at gamestop. Sorry if I cluster this thread, I just need an opinion if it's a fair trade or I have gain. TIA
If you want the high-end Hero 4 BLACK, then you'll probably have to make up the difference. Otherwise you may be able to do a straight-up trade. Of course this all depends on the person that is willing to take up your offer.

Just like that Best Buy gets all my trade-ins.

I went to gamestop today to preorder the taken king ps4 and traded in my launch day ps4 along with 3 ds games. There is a promo right now which allows me to receive $225 credit for the ps4. The guy at the register applied the promo, but he deducted $50 for a ps4 refurb fee. There was nothing wrong with the console only a small dent on the inside of the controller. The controller works perfectly fine and I don't think that small dent is enough for them to deduct $50. Was the guy at the register right for doing that or is there a way I can receive that credit by contacting gamestop customer service.

I went to gamestop today to preorder the taken king ps4 and traded in my launch day ps4 along with 3 ds games. There is a promo right now which allows me to receive $225 credit for the ps4. The guy at the register applied the promo, but he deducted $50 for a ps4 refurb fee. There was nothing wrong with the console only a small dent on the inside of the controller. The controller works perfectly fine and I don't think that small dent is enough for them to deduct $50. Was the guy at the register right for doing that or is there a way I can receive that credit by contacting gamestop customer service.
Dude, I am pretty sure you're screwed, all trade in type things are final. I mean if you weren't okay with it then, why go through with it?

Never try to get something fixed after the fact by calling customer service or what have you as you have to go through ten times more BS.

However, if you feel you were wronged, get the DM's # and call him/her and start there and then proceed to cause shit storm until you get your $50.

Lesson learned, you should of said something right then and there and if they didn't budge, take you system elsewhere.

The refurb fee is to only be charged on things that don't work.

Honestly I would've refused and tried a different gamestop. I traded a broken ps4 last year and got 275, they didn't even plug it in and my controller was looking a little beat up.

On the post before me saying everything is final, not completely true. I sent my wife in one time, during that batman promo where it was getting $60 something. I have her a paper with a code and everything but the lady that helped her didn't even put it in for my wife so I ended up getting some really weak value. In the end I sent my wife back, she spoke to the manager, the manager then adjusted the difference. So try a manager. Sorry

Some gamestop employees are well known for liking to add refurb fees for no reason. I have had a few times when they just throw them on with out saying anything but always call them out on it.

Dude, I am pretty sure you're screwed, all trade in type things are final. I mean if you weren't okay with it then, why go through with it?

Never try to get something fixed after the fact by calling customer service or what have you as you have to go through ten times more BS.

However, if you feel you were wronged, get the DM's # and call him/her and start there and then proceed to cause shit storm until you get your $50.

Lesson learned, you should of said something right then and there and if they didn't budge, take you system elsewhere.

The refurb fee is to only be charged on things that don't work.

Honestly I would've refused and tried a different gamestop. I traded a broken ps4 last year and got 275, they didn't even plug it in and my controller was looking a little beat up.

On the post before me saying everything is final, not completely true. I sent my wife in one time, during that batman promo where it was getting $60 something. I have her a paper with a code and everything but the lady that helped her didn't even put it in for my wife so I ended up getting some really weak value. In the end I sent my wife back, she spoke to the manager, the manager then adjusted the difference. So try a manager. Sorry
Only doing this trade in because of ejecting issues. I tried everything, but it always came back. Doesn't hurt that much since I'm splitting the cost with my brother so I'm only losing out on $25, but I'll see what I can do. Also, It's the only store available at walking distance so I don't think I would've gone anywhere else. I'll also be selling Taken King Legendary Edition and the digital collector's edition token which will also cut some of the costs. I know the disc is worth $60 so I'll try to at least make $50 off of that. However, I'd like to know how much the digital upgrade token is worth.

Did you tell the clerk about the eject issues? Because that pretty much warrants a refurb charge. You should of mentioned that to start

It's been a long time since I've traded into gamestop, but I'm looking to trade in all my old 360 stuff. I know they have revamped their trade in's in the past year, but is there any reason to wait until tomorrow to trade stuff in? Will there be a new promotion at the start of September?

It's been a long time since I've traded into gamestop, but I'm looking to trade in all my old 360 stuff. I know they have revamped their trade in's in the past year, but is there any reason to wait until tomorrow to trade stuff in? Will there be a new promotion at the start of September?
I don't know about upcoming promotions but if you are trying to get rid of old games in bulk, I recommend you check out best buy as well and compare the 2 trade in values and go from there.
Ex: best buy game me $3 for killer is dead while gamestop gave me 1. Not much of a difference but it adds up in large quantities such as what you may have.
Good luck

I don't know about upcoming promotions but if you are trying to get rid of old games in bulk, I recommend you check out best buy as well and compare the 2 trade in values and go from there.
Ex: best buy game me $3 for killer is dead while gamestop gave me 1. Not much of a difference but it adds up in large quantities such as what you may have.
Good luck
I'll look again, but most of what I have(recent COD, GTA, Madden, and then some old Battlefield, Skate, Lego games) has a lower TIV at BB than GS. Might be worth checking again and looking to see if BB has any current specials for trade ins.
Plus, the nearest BB is an hour away. Gamestop is 5 minutes

I'll look again, but most of what I have(recent COD, GTA, Madden, and then some old Battlefield, Skate, Lego games) has a lower TIV at BB than GS. Might be worth checking again and looking to see if BB has any current specials for trade ins.
Plus, the nearest BB is an hour away. Gamestop is 5 minutes
best but is having a 30% trade in bonus on games. It also stacks with GCU making it a total of 40% trade in.

Can you cancel a preorder after a game's release date and get money back? 

It looks like I would compromise too many ideals playing Metal Gear.

I'd rather not return it since I've returned 4 games the last couple of weeks.

Just got an email about trading in destiny for $20 credit towards taken king.

not bad considering I just got destiny from bestbuy last week for $12.

maybe I'll do this deal and then turn around , return taken king, and apply the money to something else.

Just got an email about trading in destiny for $20 credit towards taken king.

not bad considering I just got destiny from bestbuy last week for $12.

maybe I'll do this deal and then turn around , return taken king, and apply the money to something else.
I wonder what the new taken king version would trade in for? I want that new Ps4 but already have Destiny digitally. I am guessing it will net $30 off the rip.

I just received the same email. Wonder if that stacks with the Gamestop promo for 10% off a new game when trading in a game towards it. That would make it $34 plus tax for The Taken King when trading in Destiny if it stacks.

I just received the same email. Wonder if that stacks with the Gamestop promo for 10% off a new game when trading in a game towards it. That would make it $34 plus tax for The Taken King when trading in Destiny if it stacks.
They shouldn't stack but with the recent 50% coupon stack, who knows.

Fine print for Destiny trade-in promo:

GameStop email said:
$20 Credit: Offer valid 9/12/15 through 9/21/15. Credit must be applied toward the purchase of Destiny: The Taken King Legendary Edition. Not valid toward cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Defective items may be eligible for trade at a lesser value. Trades subject to manager approval. Cannot be combined with any other offer. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice.
I wonder if since I've already paid off a pre-order of the CE in full if I could get this bonus TIV without doing another pre-order...doubtful. Worst case I can pre-order and cancel later...

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back