GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
My cashier said there was absolutely no marketing done for this promotion (hence all the homemade signs in store). They were told about it last night. They have no idea how long it will last. 

Looking to trade into a PS4 this weekend...

- Is the reward coupon glitch still good?

- Is the Trade 5 for extra $10 reusable (generic)? 

- Has anyone confirmed that a new PRO account will get the B2G1 coupon and the Dec B2G1 coupon?

Any help is appreciated

edit for dumb question:

Does it work with multiples of 5 (ie 10 for $20)? Why yes it does, read the coupon moron.

Got a pile of cheapo games I've been wanting while I was on the other side of town since they're never available over here.

:360:

Project Sylpheed

:ds:

Puzzle Quest

Puzzle Quest 2

Puzzle Quest Galactrix

Hotel Dusk

Zoo Keeper

Orcs & Elves

Planet Puzzle League

Legendary Starfy

Magical Starsign

Henry Hatsworth

Nostalgia

Also impulse bought a complete copy of Spirit Tracks but I'll probably return it.

That's disappointing, but oh well. How were the discounts applied? On GS.com, the PUR discount applies first, then the 30% off.
Was reversed in store 30 then 10
SMH.

I should be able to exchange the games I got for the same copies right? Or atleast return and rebuy tomorrow? This douche gave me a broken case even though I gave him the case I actually wanted

I should be able to exchange the games I got for the same copies right? Or atleast return and rebuy tomorrow? This douche gave me a broken case even though I gave him the case I actually wanted
Yeah, just return it, and swap the cases. Sometimes they get pissy if you do that, but the cool cashiers won't.

Used stuff has a 7 day you can return it for any reason policy. Should not be an issue to swap.

Yeah, just return it, and swap the cases. Sometimes they get pissy if you do that, but the cool cashiers won't.

Used stuff has a 7 day you can return it for any reason policy. Should not be an issue to swap.
The holiday return policy that's currently active applies to all stuff, not just used, and allows for anything bought between early October and 12/31 to be returned by mid-January.

i got $850 gamestop credit still burning a hole but thanks to black friday and the microsoft store glitch i can't even think of anything to buy :( i really wish there was a new super duper gaming console to blow money on (no chance at the $499 ps4one). used up 8 b2g1 coupons to move some credit to best buy, don't wanna start bumping up against BBY trade limits in case I forgot to put something down on my spreadsheet.

I guess 30% works out as good as B2G1 at $40 or below, whereas b2g1 is slighty better above $40, but just a few bucks. Assuming it stacks with 10% pur pro and its not 30% including Pro.

Maybe i'll repick up Far Cry 4 and platinum it, got 75% of the trophies I needed but traded it in when doing another big batch. The gaming landscape is a bit of a desert until february now. I could pick up the new wow xpac but it feels good being 2 years wow free!!
Any recommendations on how I can move my gamestop credit to bestbuy? I have $82 gs credit left

i use the b2g1 coupons to move credit, i find $40 TIV games at best buy and then buy them for $100+tax at GS and trade them in for $132 at BB.  Nice little profit bump and there are a ton of $40 TIV games that are easy to find right now - Unity, COD:AW, Far Cry 4, Halo MCC, DA3, etc.  The list is going to shrink to pretty much nothing though I think real soon, like maybe in the next 24 or 48 hours.

Otherwise just have to open up two browser windows, have one at http://bestbuy.com/tradein and on on http://gamestop.com and find games that trade into best buy for about the same cost you'd pay at GS after any discounts - 30% < $20 right now, or 20% with bday, etc.  I hate digging for games so don't really do this at all, just find the first way much simpler and faster moving $100, three games at a time.  Don't forget too each platform is different so you can buy 3 copies of COD:AW for PS4 and 3 for Xbox one and have moved $200 of GS credit for $264 BB credit.

i use the b2g1 coupons to move credit, i find $40 TIV games at best buy and then buy them for $100+tax at GS and trade them in for $132 at BB. Nice little profit bump and there are a ton of $40 TIV games that are easy to find right now - Unity, COD:AW, Far Cry 4, Halo MCC, DA3, etc. The list is going to shrink to pretty much nothing though I think real soon, like maybe in the next 24 or 48 hours.

Otherwise just have to open up two browser windows, have one at http://bestbuy.com/tradein and on on http://gamestop.com and find games that trade into best buy for about the same cost you'd pay at GS after any discounts - 30% &lt; $20 right now, or 20% with bday, etc. I hate digging for games so don't really do this at all, just find the first way much simpler and faster moving $100, three games at a time. Don't forget too each platform is different so you can buy 3 copies of COD:AW for PS4 and 3 for Xbox one and have moved $200 of GS credit for $264 BB credit.
Hmm I think I'll go with option 1. New pre owned games are $50 now if you're a pro member I think. I just wonder when bestbuy will have another 50% extra credit and those birthday coupons would come in handy if gs employees don't really care if it's really your bday or not lol

Was a tough decision whether to do 30% off or B2G1F, but I'm going with 30% off.

Havent fully decided what I'm going to get, but so far its Valkyria Chronicles, Red Dead Redemption for 30% off. Next, trade in Pokemon X and Y for Pokemon OR(You could say this is the free game). Then buy Chrono Trigger and use my 20% bday coupon on it(I recall someone saying the $5 off coupon doesnt work since it was already used, so I cant add that). 

I'd like to buy this during the week of Christmas, but I dont know when the 30% off deal expires(if anyone knows please respond).

Was a tough decision whether to do 30% off or B2G1F, but I'm going with 30% off.

Havent fully decided what I'm going to get, but so far its Valkyria Chronicles, Red Dead Redemption for 30% off. Next, trade in Pokemon X and Y for Pokemon OR(You could say this is the free game). Then buy Chrono Trigger and use my 20% bday coupon on it(I recall someone saying the $5 off coupon doesnt work since it was already used, so I cant add that).

I'd like to buy this during the week of Christmas, but I dont know when the 30% off deal expires(if anyone knows please respond).
So far it's looking like today is the last day for the 30% off unless someone else knows if it will extend through the weekend.

As for what I picked up:

CoD:MW3

Fight Night Round 3

Fight Night Champion

Rayman Origins

Skate 3

I think the 30% off deal expires on the 8th.

According to GSO, the 30% will be going on indefinitely, but can end at anytime. I'll check the marketing book today for promos that are part of the next marketing period, which starts 12/8.

Thought I'd ask this one more time - is the $ off coupon glitch fixed?  I thought I had read that a while back, but i've been out of the GS flip game for quite some time.  Any help is appreciated.

If I remember correctly, the $ coupon glitch does not work on the new PO systems?
I haven't tried it personally but it's been verified a couple times as I recall. I've been asking my main store to use the old system when processing my $ off coupons but don't know how long that one register will hold out. They converted the others a couple months back. They're apparently waiting for a touchscreen for that register then they'll change that last one over to the new POS. I only have one $10 coupon left (after doing $10, $15, $25 and $50) so it won't matter for me unless there is a SOTW on $ off coupons and I'll rinse and repeat.

Can you use a 10 dollar off coupon and still get 30% off games. I want to get SMTIV but I only have 5 dollars in credit.

Yes, it did. very nice haul, I'm just glad he let me trade 3 of the KS. He was cool, he says "Why so many KS?" I kind of laughed, it was a good deal.
Looks like this was an exception to the rule - the system would not add both the $2 bump for the coupon and the $5 for the $40 guarantee. I bet yours was manually adjusted - my store wouldn't budge and I was out $10.

Looks like this was an exception to the rule - the system would not add both the $2 bump for the coupon and the $5 for the $40 guarantee. I bet yours was manually adjusted - my store wouldn't budge and I was out $10.
Same here. I tried to trade the master chief collection and 4 other games and the coupon wouldn't stack. It did the guaranteed $40 promo instead for MCC. It was worth a try.

I have a b2g1 coupon (for any priced used game) and was wondering if I could use birthday coupons as well, preferably one per title. I think I pulled it off once but not sure if that's possible anymore.

I was the one and only captain toad pre-order at my local store, which myself and the employee had a good laugh. Does anyone know if there is a way to get the dumb "use the left stick or tilt to move camera" off screen, it goes away on its own sometimes but always comes back

I have a b2g1 coupon (for any priced used game) and was wondering if I could use birthday coupons as well, preferably one per title. I think I pulled it off once but not sure if that's possible anymore.
That's not going to work. It'll automatically apply to the highest price game once per transaction

That's not going to work. It'll automatically apply to the highest price game once per transaction
Damn. And using one birthday coupon and one $10 off coupon would be pointl essential if all cost the same since I'd be using a coupon on one that'll be free, right? If they don't all cost the same, can I even use a birthday coupon on one and a 10 off on another?

i hate gamestops inventory system, went in to trade a few games to BBY today and the inv for the GS near it showed GTA5, DA:I, COD:AW, FC4, LBP3, and a few other things in stock for ps4/xbone so I figure I'd burn a b2g1 coupon and get 3 extra games to toss in.  of course not a single was in stock at the store.  

Even after I let the clerk know the store inventory on the app/online still shows em all as "low stock"

not gonna bother renewing any more 15k coupons, the TIVs should all be dropping soon and nothing really new until mid february now.

the clerk also told me they completely sold out of all their ps4/xbone The Crew units.  Best Buy had 20+ 

Can someone please look up the value of Destiny for the 360 and Ps3 as well as NBA2k15 for 360 in the app and see if they're listed because the website isn't showing them at all.  Thank you!

Does the 30% off of $20 and less games work in store? I want to hold 2 games tomorrow morning and pick them up right away, and they're not available online so I have no way of seeing if the discount applies or not.

Ok, anyone have any good GS--> BB flips. (Besides using the birthday coupon. I try not to use those coupons that often.)

Need to make some BB credit appear for the B2G1 coming up this week

Don't you guys love picking up a used game and find the dlc code unused ? Got a Dragon Age ultimate edition and the code worked ... nice !

Opened a new PUR account tonight using 15,000 thinking that I had a shot at getting 3 B2G1 coupons (one on the receipt, one since every PUR member got one this month, and one from the glitch.) I got none of them instantly.. bummer. Anyone have success with the glitch when renewing lately? 

How many of the same games can you trade in before they ban you? I've got 3 copies of one game and was wondering if the system would ban me for trading all 3 in during the same week ( not all at once, one at a time a differrent store everytime )

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back