GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
YMMV

Local stores are having a sale of 30% off all used games and accessories tagged under $20.  I asked how long it was going on but they said they don't know, it ends when the manager decides it will. 

Only thing I found after a short search was Persona 2 for PSP which was $12.59 after PUR and 30% discount.  Gonna do some searching to see if I can find anything else for tomorrow.... if it's still going on.

YMMV

Local stores are having a sale of 30% off all used games and accessories tagged under $20. I asked how long it was going on but they said they don't know, it ends when the manager decides it will.

Only thing I found after a short search was Persona 2 for PSP which was $12.59 after PUR and 30% discount. Gonna do some searching to see if I can find anything else for tomorrow.... if it's still going on.
supposed to end tomorrow 12/8

I just noticed when I renewed PUR they switched me to the digital magazine, but I didn't ask him to. Is there a way to switch it back to the print edition online?

How does the trade 5 games $10 bonus coupon work with the guaranteed value games? Would I get base plus 10% plus PUR for GTA, FC4, and AC unity?

How does the trade 5 games $10 bonus coupon work with the guaranteed value games? Would I get base plus 10% plus PUR for GTA, FC4, and AC unity?
It's been reported that the guaranteed promo does not stack with the 5 for 10 so any games getting $40 will not count towards the 5. I personally have not tried it though.

Will a $5 off any GS item stack with either the 30% off of a game or a buy 2 g 1 free?
I tried it with a $10 off preowned and it did not work with the 30%.

It's been reported that the guaranteed promo does not stack with the 5 for 10 so any games getting $40 will not count towards the 5. I personally have not tried it though.

I tried it with a $10 off preowned and it did not work with the 30%.
EDIT: Never mind, read the coupon wrong

Walmart gift card, at least until the end of the year. Use Walmart gift cards to buy $100 Amex without paying any fees. Then you can spend it anywhere, even Amazon.
I tried buying amex cards with walmart gift card online, months ago but they wouldn't let me purchase it with a gift card. Does it work instore only?

Walmart gift card, at least until the end of the year. Use Walmart gift cards to buy $100 Amex without paying any fees. Then you can spend it anywhere, even Amazon.
I still have had no luck finding these mythical cards. Any advice on where, when, or how to find them? I've found $100 AmEx cards with fees, but none without.

I still have had no luck finding these mythical cards. Any advice on where, when, or how to find them? I've found $100 AmEx cards with fees, but none without.
The gold 100 cards say they have a fee but there is signage that says they are no fee until feb i think. I bought 6 the weekend before black friday and there was no fee.

These can be bought with the egift cards but not the plastic walmart gift cards (or at least i wasnt able to). You can do a partial payment with your egift card (to use up the amount) and then pay for the rest with cash/card.

The gold 100 cards say they have a fee but there is signage that says they are no fee until feb i think. I bought 6 the weekend before black friday and there was no fee.

These can be bought with the egift cards but not the plastic walmart gift cards (or at least i wasnt able to). You can do a partial payment with your egift card (to use up the amount) and then pay for the rest with cash/card.
Are there any $50 cards that they'll work with, fees or no?

dumb question - when they say "Guaranteed $40 Credit When you trade Assassin’s Creed Unity on Xbox One or PS4 by 12/10/14" it means i have till the end of the day of wed 12/10 to trade in right?

Are there any $50 cards that they'll work with, fees or no?
I dont know i only used the 100. But like i said you could buy a 100 one and pay 50 on egift and 50 with cash. Then use it anywhere you were going to use the cash.

If you want more info then check out some of the walmart 50/100 trade in threads.

I dont know i only used the 100. But like i said you could buy a 100 one and pay 50 on egift and 50 with cash. Then use it anywhere you were going to use the cash.

If you want more info then check out some of the walmart 50/100 trade in threads.
I was following those threads as they were made and I only ever saw people talking about the $100s. Oh well, maybe I'll just have to try it for myself.

Here you go. It says "$5.64 purchase charge" on the back of the card but it does not charge you that. You just pay $100.

dumb question - when they say "Guaranteed $40 Credit When you trade Assassin’s Creed Unity on Xbox One or PS4 by 12/10/14" it means i have till the end of the day of wed 12/10 to trade in right?
Great question. I'm thinking of returning this pre owned game I got for $40 by using a bday coupon and would like to get refund or exchange for a game like ac unity and maybe trade that in on 12/10

I haven't seen those AMEX cards at Walmart here, all the gift card displays have only Visa / MC gift cards here.

I have never found one at the main gift card display. It's always in one of the checkout aisles with the other gift cards. Half the aisles have more gift cards.

Edit: I usually have to check several aisles before I find them. Sometimes there will only be two or three or NONE throughout all 20 aisles... Sometimes there will be 50. Just be persistent.

Has anyone had success using $ off PUR coupons on giftcards at GS? I have a bunch of PUR points I want to liquidate.

I just noticed when I renewed PUR they switched me to the digital magazine, but I didn't ask him to. Is there a way to switch it back to the print edition online?
They did the same thing to me last year. Then I discovered that the iPad edition of the digital magazine had auto-playing ads, with sound, on almost every page. Super annoying. I had to call the 800 number to get them to switch it back to the print edition. If you have a paper copy of the magazine handy, I think the phone number is somewhere in the index/table of contents section. I don't have one handy to look.

Off topic, but does anyone know if you can return new games that were already opened by GameStop? I didn't realize that it was a display case/sample until I left the store.

Whe

Off topic, but does anyone know if you can return new games that were already opened by GameStop? I didn't realize that it was a display case/sample until I left the store.
When they sell you a "new" game that has already been opened in which they used it as a display case, they are supposed to put a clear sticker across the case as their way of sealing it. If they did not put that on there then you might have a chance of returning it, however if the game was factory sealed and you opened it, they won't take it back.

Whe
When they sell you a "new" game that has already been opened in which they used it as a display case, they are supposed to put a clear sticker across the case as their way of sealing it. If they did not put that on there then you might have a chance of returning it, however if the game was factory sealed and you opened it, they won't take it back.
The cashier used the case that I pulled from the shelf in the vita section, then he put in a copy of Danganronpa. I wanted a new copy so that I could give this to someone for Christmas. :whistle2:/

The cashier used the case that I pulled from the shelf in the vita section, then he put in a copy of Danganronpa. I wanted a new copy so that I could give this to someone for Christmas. :whistle2:/
Unfortunately, they do that if the store has only a single copy remaining.

If I used a $25 off coupon on a game and return the pre owned game will I still get the full face value of the game to use in store for another pre owned game?

Well I sure hope Nocturnal Doctrine isn't a dud then as I didn't know what else to get that I didn't already have :/

Well I sure hope Nocturnal Doctrine isn't a dud then as I didn't know what else to get that I didn't already have :/
UHlRlVi.gif.gif

Just found the B2G1 free coupon disappeared under the active offers. I didn't print it out. So TIL every coupon must be saved locally!

mine disappeared too! Lucky I saved it, da fuq is going on Gamestop? Do you think we wouldn't notice a coupon disappearing?!?

Also I can confirm the $10 extra trade offer does not stack with the "bump up to $40" offer, I traded in the rest of my Microsoft store freebie games today and it didn't work. Lucky the manager there is awesome and bumped the trade value for me by $10, but if you are gonna use it and you don't know the employees really well you'll want to use it on 5 games that are just regular trade ins.

glad I saved it when it was posted a couple weeks ago.  Also printed a copy as I can never get it to scan on my phone.

If I used a $25 off coupon on a game and return the pre owned game will I still get the full face value of the game to use in store for another pre owned game?
Could be ymmv, but the manager at my store gave me the $ off on another game.

She is a pretty good friend of mine, so it may not be the case for everyone.

Damn that sucks having those b2g1 coupons disappear , they didn't even replace with a new coupon or anything so why pull it now ?
now i'm starting to think it was an error, coupon expired february of 2015, giving you 3 months to use it, this might have been accidental since that is the same type of B2G1 you receive when you renew PUR.

that and we got the trade 5, get $10 which counted as the $50 PUR monthly bonus, as long as you traded in 25 games...

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back