GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
ok so I was dumb and went over the trade limit while unloading a number of those cheap ps4 headsets that come with the console. I knew about this limit on games but didn't think about it for $2 pieces of clutter. They won't accept trades from me now as the system gives the "over trade limit" notificaton to the employee. how long does this last?
a month to a couple of months depending how long they decided to ban you for

ok so I was dumb and went over the trade limit while unloading a number of those cheap ps4 headsets that come with the console. I knew about this limit on games but didn't think about it for $2 pieces of clutter. They won't accept trades from me now as the system gives the "over trade limit" notificaton to the employee. how long does this last?
For me recently, it was a good 3 months :whistle2:

Another one bites the dust.

Since we are in the topic. Are bans caused by multiples of trade-ins and/or volume of trade ins?

Like 3 copies of Far Cry 4 in a week vs. $1000 in Trade Credit in a month.

more than 4 copies of a game (by platform) in a 30 day window - can do 4 copies of GTA5 for ps3, another 4 for PS4, another 4 for 360, and another 4 for Xbox One.  The fifth copy will get you banned by the software automatically.  I don't think anyone really knows if the window is reset at a specific date or if its a rolling window - 30 days since your last copy traded - but most assume rolling window since its safer.

Hardware is a little iffier imo, if you trade in a bunch of shitty hardware that gets customers irate (and they come back to gamestop to complain/get a refund) then the managers may look into your trades when they try to backtrace where this shitty hardware came from.  You want to avoid anyone snooping into your trade history, which is why everyone says not to trade in shitty 360 power supplies controllers etc.

No biggie. Get a new card, use the b2g1 to pay to for it + some, trade a lot more games, profit!! and repeat over and over

Not really my style, but maybe I'll try this:
Could I buy a PUR membership with 15k points and use that on another new account?
Yep you can do that. The coupon is not tied to your account, so you shouldn't have any trouble using it to start a new account.

There is no 30% off active now, only B2G1 for <$20 used games. It should stack with b-day, though, and while GS didn't specify an end-date for the promo, I suspect it'll end Sunday or Monday.
damn guess I missed it. when did it end? was just gonna pickup one $19.99 game for friend. would have been $10.07 if everything stacked.

It's technically "allowed" in that the system will let you do it - but most clerks/manager's will not, or will question you about it.
I dont know if its allowed by the system but the managers will not. I got shot down last time I tried - "what if you have stolen this, we can't allow more than one game" is what he said. That 'icehole' then went onto get my thumbprint, SSN and what not.

I dont know if its allowed by the system but the managers will not. I got shot down last time I tried - "what if you have stolen this, we can't allow more than one game" is what he said. That 'icehole' then went onto get my thumbprint, SSN and what not.
Hopefully that last part is an exaggeration. There's no way they'd need your SSN for a trade.

Hmm seems a bit odd. I am trying to get the trade 5 in for $10 more offer but have 2 titles that are the same. Might just try my luck in store later..

Also, does anyone know what is the trade in value for nba2k15? Strange that it is not showing up on the site.

Hmm seems a bit odd. I am trying to get the trade 5 in for $10 more offer but have 2 titles that are the same. Might just try my luck in store later..

Also, does anyone know what is the trade in value for nba2k15? Strange that it is not showing up on the site.
:ps4::xb1: $24

:ps3::360: $22

each game has to be over $2 base TIV and it won't stack with the $40 bump promo, which ends in 4 days anyways for every game but Smash (which ends 12/20).

Gotta love how slimey some GS employees are.  I picked up FC4 (to finish my platinum), DA3, and Crew (why not!) to use up a B2G1 coupon.  Right after I was done the store manager walked around and grabbed all the GTA5, DA3, and FC4 used copies for ps4/xbone and took them into the back.  I guess he'll restock them after the $40 minimum trade deal is gone.  Lucky for me it was a store pretty far from my house, the manager near me is very cool and a total gamer.

each game has to be over $2 base TIV and it won't stack with the $40 bump promo, which ends in 4 days anyways for every game but Smash (which ends 12/20).

Gotta love how slimey some GS employees are. I picked up FC4 (to finish my platinum), DA3, and Crew (why not!) to use up a B2G1 coupon. Right after I was done the store manager walked around and grabbed all the GTA5, DA3, and FC4 used copies for ps4/xbone and took them into the back. I guess he'll restock them after the $40 minimum trade deal is gone. Lucky for me it was a store pretty far from my house, the manager near me is very cool and a total gamer.
Wondering if it will stack with the $30 bump promo for Ps3 version of WWE 2k15...but probably not.

Went in tonight and they took down the guaranteed $30 for 2k so I never got a chance to check it. 

Only traded in Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark (PS3) $16 Base

Check your active offers. I have 3 new ones pertaining to Disney Infinity.

1. Get Disney Infinity Starter Pack and Disney Infinity: Marvel Super Heroes Starter pack for $54.99

2. Save $35 on Disney Infinity Marvel Collector's Edition

3. Get Disney Infinity 3DS Starter Pack for $39.99

And as always, take screenshots!

Beware that since Dragon Age is going on sale this next week for $10 off, the guaranteed $40 TIV for it is essentially over as sale prices negate the increased TIV and the 30 days is up in the middle of the sale. Only GTA V, Far Cry 4, and Smash have the guaranteed $30/$40 TIV for a few more days. I think Pokemon is at $25 TIV for the same promo.

Anyone know what NBA 2K15 is trading for? It doesn't exist on the web search.

Check your active offers. I have 3 new ones pertaining to Disney Infinity.

1. Get Disney Infinity Starter Pack and Disney Infinity: Marvel Super Heroes Starter pack for $54.99

2. Save $35 on Disney Infinity Marvel Collector's Edition

3. Get Disney Infinity 3DS Starter Pack for $39.99

And as always, take screenshots!
:puke:

Has anyone heard from Shaniqwa lately?
Nope. :whistle2:(

Beware that since Dragon Age is going on sale this next week for $10 off, the guaranteed $40 TIV for it is essentially over as sale prices negate the increased TIV and the 30 days is up in the middle of the sale. Only GTA V, Far Cry 4, and Smash have the guaranteed $30/$40 TIV for a few more days. I think Pokemon is at $25 TIV for the same promo.
I still see it as $60 on Gamestop.com. Is the sale starting tmr? I should still get $40 guarantee if i take it in today, right?

I still see it as $60 on Gamestop.com. Is the sale starting tmr? I should still get $40 guarantee if i take it in today, right?
I'm guessing not. The deluxe edition is showing 59.99 after $10 off for me; the standard edition is 49.99 on all platforms.

Apparently at my Manchester, NH store; I was able to get 42.70 for my ps4 DA:I. Also went and got the ps4 Alien deal with the season pass. I ended up getting two of them! Both are good and I already redeemed one. Looking to flip the other. Posted in the trade forum if anyone wants to try. Honestly don't really care but I'd be cool to get a psn card.

What's the in store used price for DA: I?
I'd be hard pressed to find it online. They took off the used prices for AC unity, Inquisition and a couple others. My store had a used copy and new copy same price [$50 w/PUR] I'm guessing that IF they had it instore; I'd be about the same price since they're new. Might as well go used if you got coupons. I went for AC:U new cause of the "apology" freebee and I wanted to code for the extra mission.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back