GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
I just found a receipt for a fully paid? 40.xx preorder of Mario kart on wiiu from March that I never picked up. When I check the app, it says I have no reservations. Can I just go in and cancel the preorder and get my 40, or do I have to pick it up, then return it?
Pick it up and return it so you don't make enemies by canceling on somebody

I just found a receipt for a fully paid? 40.xx copy of Mario kart on wiiu from March that I never picked up. When I check the app, it says I have no reservations. Can I just go in and cancel the preorder and get my 40, or do I have to pick it up, then return it?
They will refund you. They should have your reservation in store even though your app says otherwise. I recently got a $5 refund from my Ocarina of Time 3D which was about 4-5 years ago and if you have other reservations that you never picked up you can ask for a cancellation without a receipt but it has to be in the store you preordered from.

maybe the guy under whose name you preordered quit though, i'd get my money back

I'm so proud of myself, felt like i grew up a little today.  The temptation was strong to run around to two stores and buy 6-9 games and trade them all into BB for more credit, even organized some tabs by store showing who had what in inventory.  But I already have like $1k in best buy GCs from flips this year so I resisted and just spent the day outside with the family, saved myself a ton of standing in lines and finding crap just to turn $200-300 of GS credit into $300-400 of BB credit.  I feel almost like a grown up

They will refund you. They should have your reservation in store even though your app says otherwise. I recently got a $5 refund from my Ocarina of Time 3D which was about 4-5 years ago and if you have other reservations that you never picked up you can ask for a cancellation without a receipt but it has to be in the store you preordered from.
Yeah. And periodically the system cancels old reservations and then the next time you go to buy something in that store it'll pop up a message that you have $5 in credit.

Happened to me a month or so ago. No clue what I had reserved though.

I would love to move my credit over to bestbuy but no store has Dragon Age, Far Cry, and GTA.
I was there at 9am to pick up a couple of those games + FIFA 15 from Gamestop...i traded in GTA & Dragon Age for $89.60, so FIFA 15 ended up costing me roughly $18. Success! Only game that I can play since all 4 of my digital games are worthless right now

Didn't know where to ask this, but figured people in this thread would know best. Anyone use PayPal online yet and had to do a return? The Zelda 3DS XL just came back in stock and bought one using my PayPal and asn't sure how it gets refunded in case it's not in the best of shape. Thanks in advance!

Didn't know where to ask this, but figured people in this thread would know best. Anyone use PayPal online yet and had to do a return? The Zelda 3DS XL just came back in stock and bought one using my PayPal and asn't sure how it gets refunded in case it's not in the best of shape. Thanks in advance!
For just GS or online at any store? I used it online at BB and I returned what I bought and the funds were refunded that day. They just scanned the receipt and did the return as they normally would. Gave me the return receipt and I was on my way.

edit- should be the same process at GS.

I don't know how CL is done up in Meeshigan, but I always meet at somewhere public with cameras. (mall/Panera/etc)
If I did CL I would probably do the meet in front of the police station thing that seems to be rising in popularity following the number of attacks on people selling PS4s. The 3 or 4 times I've done CL have been more than enough for me.

Why? Unless you haven't redeemed them yet, right?
Bobby's Universe might be referring to the fact that PSN is still down and they (or anyone else, myself included) can't login to their accounts. PSN and XBLive were allegedly hacked on Christmas by a group called 'Lizard Squad.' XBLive is up and running again, the wait continues for PSN to go online.

Bobby's Universe might be referring to the fact that PSN is still down and they (or anyone else, myself included) can't login to their accounts. PSN and XBLive were allegedly hacked on Christmas by a group called 'Lizard Squad.' XBLive is up and running again, the wait continues for PSN to go online.
i guess this is a case by case thing? my psn has not been down at all. ive got friends on right now and i am able to access the playstation store and all of my digital content.

If I did CL I would probably do the meet in front of the police station thing that seems to be rising in popularity following the number of attacks on people selling PS4s. The 3 or 4 times I've done CL have been more than enough for me.
Yeah, CL has gone down hill big time the past year or so....

its not worth the risk anymore for an additional few bucks vs other means that don't out your life at risk

For just GS or online at any store? I used it online at BB and I returned what I bought and the funds were refunded that day. They just scanned the receipt and did the return as they normally would. Gave me the return receipt and I was on my way.

edit- should be the same process at GS.
Thanks. I use PayPal exclusively at Best Buy. Just wasn't sure if they did the same at GameStop or if they have to give you cash back or something.

I did a Paypal refund through them. Pretty much I had to call, get a shipping label, write a note asking for refund, sent it back, the day after they received it back, I got my refund deposited back into my Paypal account. Not real sure how it would work if you used a Paypal credit card or bank transfer, but I used funds that have just been hanging in my Paypal account.

I did not know this. I haven't really surfed the web too much in the past few days. Good to know.

I can't verify the licenses since I can't sign in, so I'm locked out of my content
That is shitty.

I did a Paypal refund through them. Pretty much I had to call, get a shipping label, write a note asking for refund, sent it back, the day after they received it back, I got my refund deposited back into my Paypal account. Not real sure how it would work if you used a Paypal credit card or bank transfer, but I used funds that have just been hanging in my Paypal account.
I see. Did you try doing it in store? Otherwise, I might cancel this order if that's the hassle I have to go through in order to process a PayPal return.

i guess this is a case by case thing? my psn has not been down at all. ive got friends on right now and i am able to access the playstation store and all of my digital content.
It could be case by case, I was able to login twice sometime yesterday. It kicked me out after the first time so I tried again was able to login again. After that though I wasn't able to login again until after 3am this morning. Don't know if I can login right now as I haven't tried yet. When I do I'll let everyone know if it worked.

Edit: I was able to login with no trouble. I'm guessing PSN is good to go again for anyone who hasn't been able to login for the past couple of days.

I would never buy a game at full price ever at gamestop since GCU came out. I sigh everytime I'm in line and I see someone pay full price for a game thats cheaper at Amazon or Best Buy outright.

I would never buy a game at full price ever at gamestop since GCU came out. I sigh everytime I'm in line and I see someone pay full price for a game thats cheaper at Amazon or Best Buy outright.
Same here my friend, when I went to gamestop today, I saw a mother give in to the demands of her, what looked like, 12 year old child who wanted GTA 5 for the xbone to "be a badass and do hookers."

I see. Did you try doing it in store? Otherwise, I might cancel this order if that's the hassle I have to go through in order to process a PayPal return.
I didn't try in store. I returned a couple of those shitty PS3 grab bags.

Really it wasn't too painful to return, but I got no idea how the return would work if you go to a store and you used Paypal online. It did tie up my Paypal funds for about a week.

Same here my friend, when I went to gamestop today, I saw a mother give in to the demands of her, what looked like, 12 year old child who wanted GTA 5 for the xbone to "be a badass and do hookers."
What is funny about that is that last night I walked to GS to see my buddy, and got stopped by 2 kids, no older than 12 that asked me if I could go buy something for them, since Gamestop told them they couldn't buy M rated games. I told them to age and then they could play it.

In 30 years that kid will be a CEO of a multimillion dollar corporation.
...Or in prison.

What is funny about that is that last night I walked to GS to see my buddy, and got stopped by 2 kids, no older than 12 that asked me if I could go buy something for them, since Gamestop told them they couldn't buy M rated games. I told them to age and then they could play it.

...Or in prison.
yeah, gs always card me, when buying m rated games. target/ bestbuy only does it sometimes. apparently, you cannot even trade in, if you are not over 18 at bestbuy. i saw some under 18 yrs old kids get denied from trading in at bestbuy today

Some clueless mom today asked me at Gamestop what the best WiiU game is right now.

She walked out with Sonic Boom five minutes later.

#IHelped

Last edited:
So I have a PS4 controller I want to trade to get one of them good ol fancy colors, but it has a little tear on one of the thumbsticks. How much of a refurb fee would I be hit with?

So gamestop no longer accepts PUR coupons if a game is on sale. What bull$&>t
Start flippin that credit to BB and get dat GCU.

[quote name="Rozz" post="12364208" timestamp="1419731980"]Some clueless mom today asked me at Gamestop what the best WiiU game is right now.

She walked out with Sonic Boom five minutes later.

#IHelped[/quote]That lady is smart. Can't go wrong with sonic boom.

I'm not sure where else to ask this, so I thought I would post it here. Doesn't gamestops holiday return policy apply to both new and used games?

I tried to return a couple of used games I bought in November, and the store manager told me that the holiday return policy only applies to new unopened games and wouldn't let me return them. What's up with that?

I'm not sure where else to ask this, so I thought I would post it here. Doesn't gamestops holiday return policy apply to both new and used games?

I tried to return a couple of used games I bought in November, and the store manager told me that the holiday return policy only applies to new unopened games and wouldn't let me return them. What's up with that?
Manager is an idiot. Just go to a different GS to return them. The holiday return policy is at the bottom of the receipt.

Manager is an idiot. Just go to a different GS to return them. The holiday return policy is at the bottom of the receipt.
That's what I plan on doing tomorrow. I'm rather irritated with that manager. I even showed him the bottom of the receipt and his response was, "No - the receipt says 'all new products must be unopened', so the holiday return policy only applies to new games."

BAH.

That's what I plan on doing tomorrow. I'm rather irritated with that manager. I even showed him the bottom of the receipt and his response was, "No - the receipt says 'all new products must be unopened', so the holiday return policy only applies to new games."

BAH.
If he was the store manager, and you have a receipt from his store laying around nuke him on a survey.

yeah, gs always card me, when buying m rated games. target/ bestbuy only does it sometimes. apparently, you cannot even trade in, if you are not over 18 at bestbuy. i saw some under 18 yrs old kids get denied from trading in at bestbuy today
Trades are totally dependent on local pawn laws. In St. Louis City, you must be 18 with a valid state ID and be fingerprinted/picture taken. In St. Louis County it's all of that minus the fingerprint/picture. In Jefferson County it's all good as long as you're not doing cash, otherwise it's 18 with ID.

In terms of carding for M-rated games, GS general policy is to card any individual that looks under 30. For major midnight releases they have to card EVERYONE regardless of age. That's also to prevent people from getting someone's copy of the game or the money from cancelling a preorder.

If he was the store manager, and you have a receipt from his store laying around nuke him on a survey.
I bought a game (that I also plan on returning) specifically for this purpose!

I just needed some extra confirmation first that I hadn't gone crazy and Gamestop changed the policy while I wasn't looking. Thank you.

My 75 year old grandma got carded at Target. I was messing around the Amiibos and she came over and asked if I had ID on me so she could buy some games. I just laughed and the guy apologized and was like "it's my job man, don't be mad."

So gamestop no longer accepts PUR coupons if a game is on sale. What bull$&>t
Say What? No shit? Good thing I didn't burn a coupon on Dragon Age this weekend.

My 75 year old grandma got carded at Target. I was messing around the Amiibos and she came over and asked if I had ID on me so she could buy some games. I just laughed and the guy apologized and was like "it's my job man, don't be mad."
The one CS guy at a Target near me is permanently on my shit list after he walked away and refused to help me when I wanted him to type in my birthdate instead of scanning my ID when I was PMing a game one time.

(protip: typing in the birthday doesn't require an override, so no need to have your ID scanned/swiped at target)

The one CS guy at a Target near me is permanently on my shit list after he walked away and refused to help me when I wanted him to type in my birthdate instead of scanning my ID when I was PMing a game one time.

(protip: typing in the birthday doesn't require an override, so no need to have your ID scanned/swiped at target)
That sounds like a guy at my local Gamestop "Jason."

He told me yesterday Dragon Age Inquisition was an Xbone exclusive when I asked if they had any for PS3...then he told me it was PS4/Xbone....then he walked in the back and played on his phone.

That sounds like a guy at my local Gamestop "Jason."

He told me yesterday Dragon Age Inquisition was an Xbone exclusive when I asked if they had any for PS3...then he told me it was PS4/Xbone....then he walked in the back and played on his phone.
you should of taken a picture of him playing on his phone, with your smartphone. and email it to target corporate. or post it on targets facebook/ twitter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back