GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
It's Gamestop's marketing trying to use the meme of a pic of hundreds of games saying Gamestop will give them $7.50 credit in a positive manner. Horrible decision by their marketing.

Last weekend it was 3 different PS3 games and this weekend it was 3 different 360 games where whichever pic got the most likes was put on sale for $7.50 for that weekend. GoW: Ascension won last weekend and Dead Space 3 won this weekend.

Did you have them scan the system and a ps+ card. When they did that free Last of Us and 3 months of plus thing last year with a system, they had to enter a specific sku then scan the coupon. Could be same situation if they hadn't scanned a ps+ card or entered the sku for a receipt code.

Did you have them scan the system and a ps+ card. When they did that free Last of Us and 3 months of plus thing last year with a system, they had to enter a specific sku then scan the coupon. Could be same situation if they hadn't scanned a ps+ card or entered the sku for a receipt code.
Order was:

-Scan system

-Scan PS+ card

-Scan coupon from phone

System said the coupon went through but the discount was not reflecting. He tried a couple times with no luck. Then we thought the code would print on the receipt, but it didnt. By this point a steady line had formed behind me so I let him take care of the customers (he was the only employee in the store, and I had already waited 20 minutes just to start the transaction), then we went back to trying to figure it out. He ended up just doing a return/rebuy and discounted the system by the $50 Plus membership and a $25 PUR coupon I used (I dont think thats what the issue was before though since he scanned the PS+ coupon first and it was not discounting the membership).

Avenged - Where did you find the coupon for the free ps+? I am going to buy one after work and need fhe coupon to show the cashier. Could you post a link?

Order was:

-Scan system
-Scan PS+ card
-Scan coupon from phone

System said the coupon went through but the discount was not reflecting. He tried a couple times with no luck. Then we thought the code would print on the receipt, but it didnt. By this point a steady line had formed behind me so I let him take care of the customers (he was the only employee in the store, and I had already waited 20 minutes just to start the transaction), then we went back to trying to figure it out. He ended up just doing a return/rebuy and discounted the system by the $50 Plus membership and a $25 PUR coupon I used (I dont think thats what the issue was before though since he scanned the PS+ coupon first and it was not discounting the membership).
Ah ok I was curious and that definitely makes it sound as if it's a glitch/hiccup in the system. Was it the new POS or old one do you know? Could be because of the $25 coupon, not sure what is going on especially after that vague 10% bonus coupon a week ago.

Bobby - What account are you referring to? My gamestop account? How do i find it? Sorry for being so noobish. :(

Wowwwwww seriously? So it has to be the paid account? fucking bullshit. I shouldve just bought it over the weekend instead of waiting.

Ugh

So after 2 hours on the phone with the 800, the store couldn't get it to work even talking to their support, I was told the coupon is only good for non-bundled systems(they consider the ps4 that comes with The Last of Us a bundle). So basically the coupon is only good for a sku that they no longer sell. Unless you can find a store that has a PS4 system that doesn't come with last of us.

Has anyone been able to sign in to the iOS Gamestop app recently? I keep trying but I get an error with each attempt.
It's working for me. That has happened to me sometimes before though at random. I would open it and be signed out and then I would have to change my password on the site.

Ah ok I was curious and that definitely makes it sound as if it's a glitch/hiccup in the system. Was it the new POS or old one do you know? Could be because of the $25 coupon, not sure what is going on especially after that vague 10% bonus coupon a week ago.
I dont think it was that, I had him scan the PS+ coupon first and while it said it went through in his system, it was not reflecting in the total. This was on the new POS, so maybe thats the issue.

I dont think it was that, I had him scan the PS+ coupon first and while it said it went through in his system, it was not reflecting in the total. This was on the new POS, so maybe thats the issue.
It isn't an issue with the system, it's the coupon. Unless you by a system that doesn't include TLOU, it won't work. I confirmed this with 800 number, so did the store I went to.

I have the Arkham Knight preorder on GS.com and it isn't letting me change my CC (want to use a new CC) info online for that order, has it always been like this?

Another CAG hooked me up with coupon. It wouldn't work with the Last of Us Bundle but he kept trying. He called corporate but was on hold. Called another guy who suggested something that didn't work. He said it might require the Pro membership. Said if I wanted he would sell me that and try the coupon again. If it didn't work he would cancel my Pro and refund the $15. That didn't work either.

But it printed a code for the promotion on the receipt for renewing Pro. Which also didn't work but it would let him over ride the price of PS+ to $0. So he did that and my 12 month PS+ code printed on the bottom of that receipt which I just redeemed with no issue.

I guess I can still cancel Pro maybe? Probably just keep it and try to make sure to take advantage of sales/coupons.

I liked this guy he really wanted to help and made a good effort. I might go to the store in the mall more if he is around. Didn't care for the kid I dealt with when trading it at the other Game Stop (just outside the mall).

So I had luck getting the coupon to work after posting on reddit. A GameStop employee there said to use SKU 109493 and it worked without a problem. It printed a code on my receipt. So if you have an issue have then use that SKU for the ps+ subscription.

So I had luck getting the coupon to work after posting on reddit. A GameStop employee there said to use SKU 109493 and it worked without a problem. It printed a code on my receipt. So if you have an issue have then use that SKU for the ps+ subscription.
I know I may sound stupid but could you go over the steps that made this possible? Thank you

I know I may sound stupid but could you go over the steps that made this possible? Thank you
No problem at all. From what I could tell:
1. Scanned me power up rewards card
2. Scanned the ps4 system
3. Manually entered in the sku for the ps+ sub
4. Scanned the coupon from my phone for the free ps+
5. Took my money

I didn't notice them doing anything else (scan a promo sheet, etc) and it worked without issue. They did say that the coupon was bugged and thanked me for getting them the info to make this work. The manager was there, however she didn't have to put anything in the computer, and they guy that rung me up wasn't the assistant manager for the store.

I hope that helps!

No problem at all. From what I could tell:
1. Scanned me power up rewards card
2. Scanned the ps4 system
3. Manually entered in the sku for the ps+ sub
4. Scanned the coupon from my phone for the free ps+
5. Took my money

I didn't notice them doing anything else (scan a promo sheet, etc) and it worked without issue. They did say that the coupon was bugged and thanked me for getting them the info to make this work. The manager was there, however she didn't have to put anything in the computer, and they guy that rung me up wasn't the assistant manager for the store.

I hope that helps!
Thanks for detailing it. I think part of the problem may be people bringing up the subscription card and the deal only working with the digital SKU.

Another CAG hooked me up with coupon. It wouldn't work with the Last of Us Bundle but he kept trying. He called corporate but was on hold. Called another guy who suggested something that didn't work. He said it might require the Pro membership. Said if I wanted he would sell me that and try the coupon again. If it didn't work he would cancel my Pro and refund the $15. That didn't work either.

But it printed a code for the promotion on the receipt for renewing Pro. Which also didn't work but it would let him over ride the price of PS+ to $0. So he did that and my 12 month PS+ code printed on the bottom of that receipt which I just redeemed with no issue.

I guess I can still cancel Pro maybe? Probably just keep it and try to make sure to take advantage of sales/coupons.

I liked this guy he really wanted to help and made a good effort. I might go to the store in the mall more if he is around. Didn't care for the kid I dealt with when trading it at the other Game Stop (just outside the mall).
Make sure you do the survey for that transaction (details at the bottom of the receipt) as it really helps them out.

Thanks for detailing it. I think part of the problem may be people bringing up the subscription card and the deal only working with the digital SKU.
That must be it as I used the card yesterday and it wasn't going through. Didn't even realize they have a digital SKU for it...

is there any way to tell on how many gb on ps3. a friend of mine gave me his ps3 but its not working, it powers but not turn on.

Yeah for me he initially tried two different physical cards. Eventually he tried the digital SKU which still came up full price but he could override at that point.

If I get a gift receipt for doing the 360 console trade in for a PS4, will they be able to see the trade in for the 360 on the screen? Just wondering if a gift receipt would make a difference or not?

Make sure you do the survey for that transaction (details at the bottom of the receipt) as it really helps them out.
Do all districts share the surveys with the employees? I filled out a few positive ones for two stores and both of the managers said that they never heard about them (they were the employees who I filled out the surveys for) so I stopped doing the surveys.

Last edited:
Do all districts share the surveys with the employees? I filled out a few positive ones for two stores and both of the managers said that they never heard about them (they were the employees who I filled out the surveys for) so I stopped doing the surveys.
I think positive surveys help the store overall more than the individual employee. Negative surveys tend to make more of an impact.

I think positive surveys help the store overall more than the individual employee. Negative surveys tend to make more of an impact.
Yeah, one of them told me they were pissed because a PITA customer gave them a negative though. :boxing:

Last edited:
I have $460 in GS trade credits and I want to trade them in for Amazon GCs but what if they exclusively get the Red MGSV PS4... and no tax using trade credits in full... that's like $30 right there. Decisions, decisions, decisions.

Yeah, one of them told me they were pissed because a PITA customer gave them a negative though. :boxing:
they hear about negatives, and usually a negative means they contact you as well.

I think the ladies at my gamestop know what I put in mine, because they are always nice. Usually it's just something about how they need to make a girls of gamestop calendar, and put those ladies on the cover.

I have $460 in GS trade credits and I want to trade them in for Amazon GCs but what if they exclusively get the Red MGSV PS4... and no tax using trade credits in full... that's like $30 right there. Decisions, decisions, decisions.
Assuming the MGSV PS4 would be priced the same as a regular PS4 since it wouldn't be bundled with anything, you could at least get a $50 Amazon GC and still be able to cover the entire price.

Assuming the MGSV PS4 would be priced the same as a regular PS4 since it wouldn't be bundled with anything, you could at least get a $50 Amazon GC and still be able to cover the entire price.
Pretty big assumption. If it does end up being $450 like Destiny and I don't have enough credits then I would have to pay tax....

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back