GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
I made two swaps today from 2 different sets of B2G1 games I got yesterday, and I only needed the game I was swapping. Swapped them for two games of the same price, no issues at all. You don't need to return/rebuy the other games, as long as the game you are swapping isn't the free game.

I made two swaps today from 2 different sets of B2G1 games I got yesterday, and I only needed the game I was swapping. Swapped them for two games of the same price, no issues at all. You don't need to return/rebuy the other games, as long as the game you are swapping isn't the free game.
That's what I thought they did. Now I need to find a 12.99 game other than record of agarest war.

Can somebody tell me how returns would work with the $125 towards Xbox One trade in?  I don't really want the One, but wouldn't mind putting credit towards something else, like a New 3DS XL.  Could I just ask for a gift receipt and then return using that?

Has happened to me at least 8-10 times over the past two years because their system told them to refund it that way. /shrug
I've gotten cash back too, never returned a console though. I imagine that amount would have to get some sort of manager approval then they would notice the credit? Not entirely sure.

I've gotten cash back too, never returned a console though. I imagine that amount would have to get some sort of manager approval then they would notice the credit? Not entirely sure.
Maybe, it's prompted them once or twice on a console return but they just didn't have that much cash on hand at the time. I think the biggest one I got in cash was somewhere around $150-200 when it was like 80% credit originally.

Is this 3 return limit only for used games and when does it reset? I just returned all 3 games during the b2g1 free and if I end up receiving 3 more games after bestbuy 30% trade in bonus ends, I'd have to return them too

Anybody know the trade in value of an 8gb vita memory card? I checked the app but couldn't find it under vita accessories. Only 16 and 32 show up

Ideally, I'd just like to get the $125 back as credit which I could put towards a 3DS and the rest back to my card.  It seemed like Gamestop was putting the brakes on returns with the PS4 promo though.

Is the trade in value for an xbox 360 chrome controller higher than trading in a regular wireless one?  I only see the regular ones listed and the chrome ones cost more.  Just wondering, thanks.

Is the trade in value for an xbox 360 chrome controller higher than trading in a regular wireless one? I only see the regular ones listed and the chrome ones cost more. Just wondering, thanks.
I don't believe GS differentiates for trade in SKUs on those.

Is the trade in value for an xbox 360 chrome controller higher than trading in a regular wireless one? I only see the regular ones listed and the chrome ones cost more. Just wondering, thanks.
Check amazon, they may have a higher value. If you do not have the packaging, you would get 'acceptable'.

Darn, it looks like too many people traded in DKC: Tropical Freeze because of the Club Nintendo reward--its base TIV is now $23. Best Buy is looking like the better option this time despite the fact that I'm much lower on GS credit.

Darn, it looks like too many people traded in DKC: Tropical Freeze because of the Club Nintendo reward--its base TIV is now $23. Best Buy is looking like the better option this time despite the fact that I'm much lower on GS credit.
I been out of GS credit for awhile. Not worth it with the new trade in system.

agreed. You need to always have $50 minimum at each company. The only reason I ran out is because I spent every cent to capitalize on the b2g1.
Unfortunately I'm running low on credit, and there aren't any more Family Videos near me with Skyward Swords available for sale. :(

Gamestop employees can track down your returns right? Or see the games you bought recently? It seemed like the employee was looking at something for 5 minutes

Amazon is shipping my next round of NBA 2k15s soon...are Gamestop employees able to see what you just traded in, if you go to different Gamestop to trade in another copy of the same title? I might go Best Buy to avoid the jr detectives if so

Gamestop employees can track down your returns right? Or see the games you bought recently? It seemed like the employee was looking at something for 5 minutes
GS employees only see the last 5 purchases. On the old system it's right there but on the new system they have to hit a couple of buttons to find it.

You're doing it wrong. ;)
I know but I only do the cheap ones. So $5 in cash is good for $20 in Amazon credit.

Also an extra $5 toward Mortal Kombat X with the trade in of any PS4 or XB1 Game.

[attachment=13629:Capture51.PNG]

Extra $5 Credit: Credit must be applied toward the purchase or reservation of Mortal Kombat X. Not valid toward cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Defective items may be eligible for trade at a lesser value. Trades subject to manager approval. Cannot be combined with any other offer. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice. Offer valid 4/13/15 through 4/19/15.

I know but I only do the cheap ones. So $5 in cash is good for $20 in Amazon credit.

Also an extra $5 toward Mortal Kombat X with the trade in of any PS4 or XB1 Game.

Capture51.PNG

Extra $5 Credit: Credit must be applied toward the purchase or reservation of Mortal Kombat X. Not valid toward cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Defective items may be eligible for trade at a lesser value. Trades subject to manager approval. Cannot be combined with any other offer. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice. Offer valid 4/13/15 through 4/19/15.
That's nice...but I won't pay retail just to get an extra $5

BB > GS

Did some flipping today. I went from $0 to $70 in GS credit today. It cost me ~$42 in BB/AZ credit. I feel better now that I have a balance again.

That's nice...but I won't pay retail just to get an extra $5

BB > GS
It's not really a bad deal if the games have a higher value at GS.

For example with the recent NBA 2k15 deal.

BB -> $21 (after GCU & 30%)

GS -> $24.80

The game will cost me $51.84-21=$30.84 at BB and $60-24.80=$35.20. Since I got 2 copies, I can further knock it down to where it's just a <$1 difference ($9.84 vs $10.40), and a GS store is closer so I can save that in gas. Not horrible to pay retail in this case.

Can only return so much in a set time, or they will flag your account. I was told this would happen on the fourth return.
How long is the set time, any idea? I'm guessing within the 7 day period, too many returns?

It's not really a bad deal if the games have a higher value at GS.
For example with the recent NBA 2k15 deal.
BB -> $21 (after GCU & 30%)
GS -> $24.80
The game will cost me $51.84-21=$30.84 at BB and $60-24.80=$35.20. Since I got 2 copies, I can further knock it down to where it's just a <$1 difference ($9.84 vs $10.40), and a GS store is closer so I can save that in gas. Not horrible to pay retail in this case.
Lol @ your logic

You mentioned "recent NBA 2k15 deal", so I'm assuming you paid $10.99 (plus taxes, if any), yet you don't add that to the $35.20 total @ Gamestop. & @ BB you get a $10 certificate

$47.99 - $10 ($21 trade in - $11 cost) = $37.99 - $10 certificate = $27.99

$60 - $13.80 ($24.80 trade in - $11 cost) = $46.20

Not even close lol

How long is the set time, any idea? I'm guessing within the 7 day period, too many returns?
I'd like to know as well since I returned 3 games (b2g1 free) this week (reason for return: did not like) even though I said I changed my mind. Then ended up returning 1 yesterday. I want to know if it resets every sunday or monday.

Another question about pre owned returns. Sometimes they ask me for ID sometimes they don't I got ID'd for returning 3 games. Now, I'm guessing they track your returns by ID and not by powerup card? I thought that purchasing games without PUR card would be good a way to abuse the 7 day return policy but I guess not if they track you with ID instead

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back