GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone see GS had 4 pre-owned games for $10? Just saw this list on SD. Not sure if it calls for it's own topic, but someone else can make it if they want.

4lciwaC.jpg
didnt check the whole list but deals like this should always have a thread

They dropped the price of some of the clearance games further yesterday.

A couple of the PC games I had my eye on are $2.97 now instead of $5.97

*sigh* I had my brother pick up a game for me (I gave him my PUR card to both get the discount and pay) and the employee didn't ask him if he had a PUR account so I missed out on the 10% discount and PUR points. I'd do a return-rebuy, but I also had my brother use a $5 off PUR coupon. Should I just let it go and/or say something on the survey about how the employee didn't ask about PUR (I would think that's an important thing to ask customers)?

*sigh* I had my brother pick up a game for me (I gave him my PUR card to both get the discount and pay) and the employee didn't ask him if he had a PUR account so I missed out on the 10% discount and PUR points. I'd do a return-rebuy, but I also had my brother use a $5 off PUR coupon. Should I just let it go and/or say something on the survey about how the employee didn't ask about PUR (I would think that's an important thing to ask customers)?
Complian on the survey that you shouldn't have let your brother shop at GameStop. Also if you know the employee's at your home store they should hook you up.

Chalk it up as a lesson in why you shouldn't have others shop for you. When you're playing with membership cards, credit, and coupons you can't trust them to know to get it all right.

Complian on the survey that you shouldn't have let your brother shop at GameStop. Also if you know the employee's at your home store they should hook you up.
Chalk it up as a lesson in why you shouldn't have others shop for you. When you're playing with membership cards, credit, and coupons you can't trust them to know to get it all right.
Guys, I don't blame my brother for this--I forgot to remind him about the PUR card, so if anything, I'm partly to blame. That shouldn't have been an issue, though, if the employee had asked about the membership like he should have.

Guys, I don't blame my brother for this--I forgot to remind him about the PUR card, so if anything, I'm partly to blame. That shouldn't have been an issue, though, if the employee had asked about the membership like he should have.
Sure the employee should have asked, but I dont think that should necessarily warrant a negative survey. you all fucked up so it zeros out :-({|=

I made a big step in family trust. I had my Dad take the little pur card to carry around to buy stuff when he travels. (I actually wanted my Mom to keep it in her purse, but my Dad seems to be determined to hold onto it).

I give him 3 weeks before he loses it. (The day he does, I'll have to spend everything on it before the thieves do).

I don't know if it has been mentioned already, but Gamestop is accepting donations for the Make-A-Wish foundation, and giving a coupon for 10% off one pre-owned game, for anyone who donates. The coupon is good from 6/1-6/7.

Anyone tried the Battlefront trade promo today? Called and my GS hasn't heard of it so not sure if it comes up in the system automatically or not.

Question for people who traded in PS2 systems -

I am buying 5 units that the guy says have various technical issues but no cosmetic damage or broken case for $5 each. 

Can I take them all in at once, or should I bring two, have my wife bring two, and give one to another person to take in? Are they banning people who bring in too many?

55528059.jpg

Quick question -

Is it possible to add credit to the Power Up Rewards card using cash? For example, I have $30.25 on the card so if I wanted to get $50.00 on the card without trading anything in, would it be possible to give them $19.75 in cash to add to the card so I would then have a total of $50.00? Thanks.

Quick question -

Is it possible to add credit to the Power Up Rewards card using cash? For example, I have $30.25 on the card so if I wanted to get $50.00 on the card without trading anything in, would it be possible to give them $19.75 in cash to add to the card so I would then have a total of $50.00? Thanks.
No, but you could buy a $50 gift card with the cash and your PUR balance if you do t mind the extra card. The card can't be loaded with cash and neither can trade credit cards if I remember correctly.

No, but you could buy a $50 gift card with the cash and your PUR balance if you do t mind the extra card. The card can't be loaded with cash and neither can trade credit cards if I remember correctly.
Okay. Thanks for the info.

If I purchase a game or console using a gift card, will I get charged sales tax? Thanks.

The guy asked me about this yesterday, but on the pos screen it showed something about the "officer Wilson memorial fund"
It said that but an employee asked me if I wanted to donate to Make A Wish and round up my total to $5. She scanned a barcode and entered $0.28 to round it up and the coupon printed on the receipt.

Buying GCs with trade credit does give points, but can't say I've bought GC with GCs. Next time I have a couple GS GCs I will combine them and find out lol

double:

Anyone know how to generate a lot of points? Will buying GCs work? I need about 40,000 points.
Signing up for the Credit Card and buying PS4. Signing up gets you 15,000 last time I checked (if you are PURPRO). Plus, you get double points if you that ps4, almost 30k. You would return the PS4 after using the points of course hahaha

Signing up for the Credit Card and buying PS4. Signing up gets you 15,000 last time I checked (if you are PURPRO). Plus, you get double points if you that ps4, almost 30k. You would return the PS4 after using the points of course hahaha
Actually, it seems that with that instance, somehow returning doesn't take away the bonus points just the base 4000. I had used my CC after the AWD glitch to pay the difference after trading in a cheap 360 for that trade bonus. After I returned the ps4 I still got to keep the actual bonus points (it was double at the time)

You can buy GCs with Gift Cards to a certain extent. I have seen and done it and I've done it with trade credit as well. Don't loop it for the you know what since I it might get closed.

Actually, it seems that with that instance, somehow returning doesn't take away the bonus points just the base 4000. I had used my CC after the AWD glitch to pay the difference after trading in a cheap 360 for that trade bonus. After I returned the ps4 I still got to keep the actual bonus points (it was double at the time)
Yeah, the computer can really distinguish if it was part of a promo, only takes away the 10 points per dollar new. Good Job GS lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back