GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure if this has been posted already, but it looks like Gamestop has their retro games available on the website now. Prices are about what you'd expect: ebay or worse, some are fair. CAG16/PUR doesn't appear to be working on them.

http://www.gamestop.com/browse/vintage-software?nav=28-xu0,136-50-1e4
It has a PUR price on the game page, but is not there when added to cart. These would have been interesting in store if you could stack PUR/BD/Kong coupon, but online only means shipping and tax on already inflated prices.

In my personal experience people that buy retro games are also bargain hunters. There is almost no point in buying from gamestop unless you need to burn credit.

EDIT: Just to add, on ebay you can also see the condition of what you are buying. Who knows if you are buying ripped up labels from gamestop.

It has a PUR price on the game page, but is not there when added to cart. These would have been interesting in store if you could stack PUR/BD/Kong coupon, but online only means shipping and tax on already inflated prices.

In my personal experience people that buy retro games are also bargain hunters. There is almost no point in buying from gamestop unless you need to burn credit.

EDIT: Just to add, on ebay you can also see the condition of what you are buying. Who knows if you are buying ripped up labels from gamestop.
There's a few things that would be pretty decent with PUR/CAG16, but like you said, the risk of disc only or ruined labels kills it.

Not that any of this is surprising, though.

Wow some of those retro prices are jacked up. I would probably buy a few things if I knew if the label and cart were nice. Probably can't return them to stores if they come all messed up.

Just bought something and a coupon for 50% bonus trade in printed on the receipt. Good from 7/13 to 7/19
8u9fh.gif.gif

I'm guessing you couldn't stack the 50% promo with the guaranteed Batman $40 trade in unless they want to give out $60 ($64 for PUR?). But if they are, I'll be all over that.

I'm guessing you couldn't stack the 50% promo with the guaranteed Batman $40 trade in unless they want to give out $60 ($64 for PUR?). But if they are, I'll be all over that.
I wish. The 10% PUR bonus is the only thing that stacks with trade-in promos. The $40 guaranteed TIV adds an amount to the base value to boost it to $40, and the PUR bonus adds 10% of that base to the value--for example, if it has a $30 TIV by that point, you'd get $43.

Also $40 guarenteed credit when you trade in arkham knight by 7/22
That's a good sign them bringing back guaranteed values on major releases . You don't have to worry about the value dropping at best buy having the guaranteed 40$ at gamestop as a backup . Gives you more time to finish the game without stressing about trading it in now or hoping for a bonus at bb .

Wasn't going to preorder Arkham Knight from Best Buy because I didn't think I'd have the time to finish it and get decent money back. But for $40 back guaranteed, I'm preordering it right now.

If anyone is going to be up for a while tonight, could you take note of when the in store prices on GS.com update to match the online price drops?

Checking Dragon Age Inquisition for XBO should let you tell.

(shows $29.99/$27.99 online but still $60/50 in store)

Thanks!

I know that penny items drop off at 10AM ET, but I'm trying to figure out when they start showing the updated in store prices.

If anyone is going to be up for a while tonight, could you take note of when the in store prices on GS.com update to match the online price drops?

Thanks!

I know that penny items drop off at 10AM ET, but I'm trying to figure out when they start showing the updated in store prices.
I have C4C running on it.

unrelated ? for those that have had gs.com orders cancelled in the past:

I ordered a 360 game on 6/9, and 6/19 they send me an email that it is has been cancelled. The other 2 items on the order were shipped from stores.

Problem is, the order is still showing "open" online, and my gift card hasn't been refunded for the cancelled game.

With this order close on it's own and the refund be processed?

I'm putting off contacting them- I've had problems with a few of my gs.com orders lately, and unsure if they record incidents like amazon does.

Thanks!

2:30 am cst

I have C4C running on it.

unrelated ? for those that have had gs.com orders cancelled in the past:

I ordered a 360 game on 6/9, and 6/19 they send me an email that it is has been cancelled. The other 2 items on the order were shipped from stores.

Problem is, the order is still showing "open" online, and my gift card hasn't been refunded for the cancelled game.

With this order close on it's own and the refund be processed?

I'm putting off contacting them- I've had problems with a few of my gs.com orders lately, and unsure if they record incidents like amazon does.
I just know that refunds to gift/trade cards take nearly two weeks which is baffling but hey it's Gamestop. I'm not sure about the open status influence. I'm guessing you have a long phone call in your future.

I've got a 10% off preowned + 20% off your next purchase coupons in my active offers. I'm guessing that's because a store by me closed?

An employee told me they were doing a promo, 10% off Arkham Knight for each game you trade in. True? Sounds farfetched to me.

Any good flips from gamestop to bestbuy? Only one that seems pretty good is port royale. (without using bday coupons)

Do multiple dollar off rewards coupons still stack as long as they are for different amounts? The fine print makes it sound like only one certificate will be accepted per transaction.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back