GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
So is the general concensus to wait until the 50 percent coupons work to start trading?  I only ask because I keep looking at the $20 tiv for smash 3DS and I feel like theres no way they're going to give 30 for it. 

So is the general concensus to wait until the 50 percent coupons work to start trading? I only ask because I keep looking at the $20 tiv for smash 3DS and I feel like theres no way they're going to give 30 for it.
They're going to drop it to $17 max and you'll get about $27 with bonus if they follow what they did last time, which I believe they will.

Coupon does not apply if an employee number is not entered. It's useless to you guys. Don't try and ruin the small extra stuff they do for us employees

Where can I find this information? I haven't seen this advertised at all.
I can't find this on their website as well. But I think somebody posted a link that shows the end date for $40 on Arkham Knight ends 7/22. Not sure if that date still holds though.

Since
the true ending requirement might be time consuming
I am planning on trading it in. Haven't been following the 50% bump you guys are talking about, but I hope it won't affect the $40.

I can't find this on their website as well. But I think somebody posted a link that shows the end date for $40 on Arkham Knight ends 7/22. Not sure if that date still holds though.

Since
the true ending requirement might be time consuming
I am planning on trading it in. Haven't been following the 50% bump you guys are talking about, but I hope it won't affect the $40.
A unique code for 50% extra credit prints on a receipt for every used game bought, though we don't know if each code works on more than one game.

The $40 guaranteed TIV for Arkham Knight is a separate promo that will last through 7/22; the only way the 50% bonus promo might affect things is if AK retains its $30 base, as that would make the TIV $48 after bonuses (highly unlikely but still possible).

A unique code for 50% extra credit prints on a receipt for every used game bought, though we don't know if each code works on more than one game.

The $40 guaranteed TIV for Arkham Knight is a separate promo that will last through 7/22; the only way the 50% bonus promo might affect things is if AK retains its $30 base, as that would make the TIV $48 after bonuses (highly unlikely but still possible).
It won't. GS has had 50% promos at the same time as guaranteed TIV's and the system ALWAYS prompted the guaranteed TIV instead of the 50%.

But were those 50% promos automatic or code-required like this one?
They have been code ones before (think the old summer coupons that needed a code) and I don't ever remember it overriding the guaranteed promo. It might be worth a shot but nobody here should be expecting $48 for Arkham Knight.

They have been code ones before (think the old summer coupons that needed a code) and I don't ever remember it overriding the guaranteed promo. It might be worth a shot but nobody here should be expecting $48 for Arkham Knight.
Agreed. I was just pointing out the (very, very slim) possibility.

Anyone happen to know if there is a Max amount of giftcards one can use on an online order?
I just used 8 yesterday on an order. I had bought a total of 13 from Raise/Cardpool just minutes before and they covered the total but for some reason it gave an error processing the order so I just used 8 after trying only 10 and it finally went through with a credit card making up the difference. Then I immediately made another order with the remaining 5 and a cc and that went through so I am lead to believe perhaps 9 is the max even though there is no wording mentioning a limit anywhere on the site. Hopefully this gives you some insight.

Let me know if you do happen to get more than 9 processed on a single order if you try later.

I ordered two retro games and one 3DS game on Tuesday. Everything still says not shipped online but I got the 3DS game in today with nothing else wtf gamestop.

Decided to trade in 3 witcher 3s from the bb glitch and was able to find 3 batmans from 2 gamestops (all of a sudden those 2 gamestops received some preowned batmans) So that's 63 bb gc back to bb for, I believe 126 bb credit. Thanks to whoever suggested to keep looking. I would've just traded in when the bonus starts and not be able to move that gs credit to bb.

Decided to trade in 3 witcher 3s from the bb glitch and was able to find 3 batmans from 2 gamestops (all of a sudden those 2 gamestops received some preowned batmans) So that's 63 bb gc back to bb for, I believe 126 bb credit. Thanks to whoever suggested to keep looking. I would've just traded in when the bonus starts and not be able to move that gs credit to bb.
Witcher 3 got you $40 guaranteed credit, right?

does the two same pur amount code stack together? like 2 $25. if not, how about 3 different amount?

Last edited by a moderator:
Seriously considering trading in my 32 gb WIi U...best buys tiv of basically a dollar a gig ($34) is just plain crazy...gcu is my preferred way to go but damn BestBuy. At least I could do a little shuffling with the B2G1... I just don't use it and after a swift kick to the nether regions after NIntendo announced Zelda's delay, what's the point? Help me!!!!

i'd wait until a trade in bonus deal, although its hard to say whether the wii u will ever get one.  there was a sweet one back in feb or march, I got $232 for my wii u from gamestop during a 50% trade in bonus week which was more than I paid.  Maybe gamestop will run another such bonus this month or next, hard to say. I doubt best buy will do anything like that.  

but yeah I wouldn't keep a wii u anymore unless you have small kids, great platform for them but terrible for adults with virtually no new games coming out.

Seriously considering trading in my 32 gb WIi U...best buys tiv of basically a dollar a gig ($34) is just plain crazy...gcu is my preferred way to go but damn BestBuy. At least I could do a little shuffling with the B2G1... I just don't use it and after a swift kick to the nether regions after NIntendo announced Zelda's delay, what's the point? Help me!!!!
Hell I would just keep it if that's all you'll get for it. You could try Craigslist or Ebay. More trouble than trading it in, but If you put it up for $100 I would think it would sale pretty quick. You could even try the trade tread here on CAG. Don't trade it for $34 though that's just insulting.

i'd wait until a trade in bonus deal, although its hard to say whether the wii u will ever get one. there was a sweet one back in feb or march, I got $232 for my wii u from gamestop during a 50% trade in bonus week which was more than I paid. Maybe gamestop will run another such bonus this month or next, hard to say. I doubt best buy will do anything like that.

but yeah I wouldn't keep a wii u anymore unless you have small kids, great platform for them but terrible for adults with virtually no new games coming out.
Maybe not games you're interested in. I don't consider Xenoblade X or SMT X FE to be kid games.

Hell I would just keep it if that's all you'll get for it. You could try Craigslist or Ebay. More trouble than trading it in, but If you put it up for $100 I would think it would sale pretty quick. You could even try the trade tread here on CAG. Don't trade it for $34 though that's just insulting.
Just on principle I wouldn't trade to bestbuy. I checked Craigslist and they seem to be hovering around $200. Yeah I should've traded back in Feb, my kids rarely play it, instead it's minecraft and DI2.0 all the time. I guess a little waiting can pay off...just tired of it taking up space. Thanks for the replies.

Hmm, disagree. Super Smash Bros and Mario Kart 8 is perfect for anyone at any age. Get a Wii U + PS4 or Wii U + XB1 and you're set this gen.

Sadly I still have around $30 in gs store credit. I'm always in a hurry to move it but I guess I'll keep it for now and see what's good when the trade in bonus promo starts

Hmm, disagree. Super Smash Bros and Mario Kart 8 is perfect for anyone at any age. Get a Wii U + PS4 or Wii U + XB1 and you're set this gen.
Wii U + PS4 owner here. I agree, I feel like I'm set for this generation of consoles. I can play all the exclusives for Wii U + PS4, and all the multi platform games on PS4. Nothing against the XBOX, I just prefer the PS4 exclusives. I'm not sure about the future of the Wii U, but I think the predictions of it's failure are overblown. The main complaint seems to be the lack of third party support. While I think that's true, Nintendo hasn't had strong 3rd party support since the SNES. I remember hearing that Nintendo was dead when the original Playstation came out. Big series that had always been associated with Nintendo like Final Fantasy and Mega Man X had switched to Sony. Not switching to disc based games. I think Nintendo is the only one of the three major console makers that can survive with out alot of 3rd party support. The games may be few and far between, but they're great. Sony and MS have great 1st party series too, but I couldn't see them being able to stay in business without 3rd party games.

Gamecube has some pretty good 3rd party support. The Wii did at first. Prob around 2009 it started to die out?
Yeah 2010 was the beginning of the end of Nintendo's support as 2011/12 just saw Skyward Sword & the Project Rainfall JRPG trilogy in terms of notable releases, then Wii U came out.

Yeah 2010 was the beginning of the end of Nintendo's support as 2011/12 just saw Skyward Sword & the Project Rainfall JRPG trilogy in terms of notable releases, then Wii U came out.
Kirby's Return to dream land was out in 2011, Kirby Dream Collection was 2012 but yeah it stopped around the end of 2011.

Did gamestop pretty much give up on the whole used ipod thing they are the only store that has classics at a great price but they are never available online and there is never any with in 100 mile radius just tryed like 20 different models?

I bought 2 items yesterday and got 2 50% bonus trade in codes. Note that one item, an official Wii stand accessory was listed as $0.99 but rang up $0.00. I got it free and no code was given. A friend of mine said that perhaps the code is only issued either on items 1.99 or greater, or items that actually have a certain buyback amount. Example, Gamestop probably doesn't want you to bring back a $0.99 cent item for an extra 50% trade in value. It would cost them more to keep it in their inventory then to actually sell it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back