GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
Any info on if or when they'll expand the retro trade ins to outside of the test market?  Hopefully to MA.

From talking to a manager yesterday, it's been expanded to 6 regions now. There's 33 regions total.
That gives me some hope that it'll hopefully come to South East MA soon. I also called my local store and as far as that guy knew it's only in the test markets, which I'm guessing his store isn't. Also thanks to both of you who quoted my post.

Tomorrow is the last chance for the Guaranteed $40 Credit when you trade Batman: Arkham Knight by 7/22/15

Or take a gamble & wait for the 50% promo
No sale on AK so the value isn't dropping. In fact the tiv for the xb1 GTA, ps4 AK and wiiu Smash went up to $37.50.

A previous poster said its nationwide now.
From talking to a manager yesterday, it's been expanded to 6 regions now. There's 33 regions total.
^ What Darby said. A manager read me the e-mail listing those 6 regions but I don't remember it off the top of my head. As such it is still in select markets and not yet fully blown nation wide.

No sale on AK so the value isn't dropping. In fact the tiv for the xb1 GTA, ps4 AK and wiiu Smash went up to $37.50.

^ What Darby said. A manager read me the e-mail listing those 6 regions but I don't remember it off the top of my head. As such it is still in select markets and not yet fully blown nation wide.
and even if they lower it to say $30 on Monday, it still nets you more trade credit

any straight trades from gamestop to BB that anyone can find? not including the 4 for 20? I cleaned that dry.
The Penguins of Madagascar: Dr. Blowhole Returns - Again! (360), $6.29 PUR to $5.50 GCU, it's a small loss, but that was just me doing a quick check of a previous credit mover.

The First Templar (360) $4.49 PUR to $7.70 CGU.

Hole in the Wall (360) $6.29 PUR to $7.70 GCU.

MIB Alien Crisis (Wii) $6.29 PUR to $7.70 GCU

For an Xbox 360 trade in, do they take wired controllers?  Thinking of doing a trade in for a bonus towards Xbox One whenever that deal happens again.  If not here's hoping Best Buy returns with it :|

might have to sell a lot of the games I got before goozex went out of buissness or whatever. I have like 40 gensis games but no genesis. 

Does Gamestop have any policy to refuse a "not for resale" case? I'm speaking of the PS4 Arkham Knight that came in the console bundle.
I haven't had an issue trading not for resale games over the years but you can always just trade in the disc and still get the full value.

That gives me some hope that it'll hopefully come to South East MA soon. I also called my local store and as far as that guy knew it's only in the test markets, which I'm guessing his store isn't. Also thanks to both of you who quoted my post.
Seems to be quite a few more SE MA CAGs around here lately. Which one is your "local" store? Just want to make sure its not in my regular rounds so I don't clean it out for ya! Also, CML - if you've got any complete in box retro games I might be willing to pay more than GS for ya!
:D

Seems to be quite a few more SE MA CAGs around here lately. Which one is your "local" store? Just want to make sure its not in my regular rounds so I don't clean it out for ya! Also, CML - if you've got any complete in box retro games I might be willing to pay more than GS for ya!
:D
Boston here!

Does Gamestop have any policy to refuse a "not for resale" case? I'm speaking of the PS4 Arkham Knight that came in the console bundle.
Gamestop doesnt require a case when trading in. I recently traded my Destiny "not for resale" disc that came with the bundle and there were no issues trading it in

Hang on, let me ask my time-traveler friend.

But seriously, no one knows.
That's better now...
tumblr_lx9jb1SPMr1qdrpdr.gif

Gamestop doesnt require a case when trading in. I recently traded my Destiny "not for resale" disc that came with the bundle and there were no issues trading it in
I traded in a caseless FFX/X-2 for :ps4: (kept the SB case) and before I left the store they had already printed the generic case insert for the game and was getting ready to put it in an empty :ps4: case.

So apparently GS has a promotion this weekend where you can get $30 cash for some of the top tier games & $200 cash for a PS4.

The info is on their website in the trade promos section & their blasting ads for it all over Facebook & Twitter.

Can you use a $off PUR used coupon on b2g1 or does it take money off of the freebie?
It comes off of the freebie and it's value is wasted. Reason being, the B2G1 Free coupon marks the least expensive game as free.

In some scenario with varying game values it may apply and work out for you. I'm just too tired to work up an example right now. I know this has been answered before somewhere on this forum.

It comes off of the freebie and it's value is wasted. Reason being, the B2G1 Free coupon marks the least expensive game as free.

In some scenario with varying game values it may apply and work out for you. I'm just too tired to work up an example right now. I know this has been answered before somewhere on this forum.
Where 'X' is the cost of the game: X + X + (X+$5) = good use of both coupons

If I'm not mistaken.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back