GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
Same here about the Amazon gift card. This was back when GameStop had the crazy 50% bonus trade in for tablets and smart phones. I got like $3,000 in credit on 3-4 devices

I started getting Amazon gift card and most employees recognized me because of that.

One employee still asks "getting more Shell gas cards today"?

during the last plus 50 I picked up like 200 in amazon over a few days, and they have asked if I want another one when I go since then
I went to my local, small-town store and picked up $300 in Shell cards about 3 weeks ago. There isn't a Shell within 100 miles of where I live. When they asked me why I was getting them, I told them my brother was packing up and moving and he could use them during his trip. The manager eyed the cards and eyed my trade-in credit when completing the transaction.

I knew the game was up so I tilted the magazine rack approximately 49.5 degrees forward - holding it precariously with my pinky finger. The manager saw the impending peril and hastily completed the transaction - wiping the sweat from his brow with his wrists and forearm. He knew it was on. Within minutes I was out the door fanning my face with the cards whistling "Don't Fear the Reaper" by the Blue Oyster Cult Band.

Let's just say that my BS in Business paid off in spades that day.

I went to my local, small-town store and picked up $300 in Shell cards about 3 weeks ago. There isn't a Shell within 100 miles of where I live. When they asked me why I was getting them, I told them my brother was packing up and moving and he could use them during his trip. The manager eyed the cards and eyed my trade-in credit when completing the transaction.

I knew the game was up so I tilted the magazine rack approximately 49.5 degrees forward - holding it precariously with my pinky finger. The manager saw the impending peril and hastily completed the transaction - wiping the sweat from his brow with his wrists and forearm. He knew it was on. Within minutes I was out the door fanning my face with the cards whistling "Don't Fear the Reaper" by the Blue Oyster Cult Band.

Let's just say that my BS in Business paid off in spades that day.
More cowbell!

i hope so, going to get in on it, before the vultures takes it all. i can use it to help me get elite status at bestbuy.

I went in my store and bought $50000 worth of Amazon gift cards. The lady was so impressed, we had sex right then and there. Now every time I go in that store she tries to bang me but I just wink and throw down another 50 stacks worth of Amazon credit and tell her maybe some other time. #TalesfromGameStop

I went in my store and bought $50000 worth of Amazon gift cards. The lady was so impressed, we had sex right then and there. Now every time I go in that store she tries to bang me but I just wink and throw down another 50 stacks worth of Amazon credit and tell her maybe some other time. #TalesfromGameStop
I LOLed at this hard. Sounds like you fucked her hard.

I actually want to move my amazon credit to gamestop since I want to use my b2g1 coupon. I hope they run another trade in promo

Noob,
attachicon.gif
Capture133.PNG
I see your almost 6,000 and raise you 3,000! For the love of Best Buy!
[attachment=16977:image.jpg]

I see your almost 6,000 and raise you 3,000! For the love of Best Buy!
attachicon.gif
image.jpg
question for you pros...I reached elite ($1,500) mark last month I think it was...Does that mean I have Elite (free shipping) until the end of the year? Or does it mean I have free shipping until the end of the calendar year next year (so expires 12/2016)?

hoping it's the latter

Its funny realizing that in states with no tax on credit its actually better for employees of gamestop to buy new at gamestop than best buy if no $10 for pre orders.

15% employee discount with no sales tax vs Michigan for example with six percent sales tax-20% gcu-6% sales tax =14%. This example is kind of a non sequitur though because I still have to pay tax on purchases made with ganestop credit in Michigan.
Come on over to Wisconsin, no taxes on trade credit.

Yeah for example in NJ a game costs me 51.35 at Best Buy with GCU and with the 15% off its 50.99 if i use store credit.

its nice because now I don't have to stress as much to move gamestop credit over to best buy unless the game has a $10 cert.

Its not a huge difference obviously but still nice. 15% off of accessories is great too.

question for you pros...I reached elite ($1,500) mark last month I think it was...Does that mean I have Elite (free shipping) until the end of the year? Or does it mean I have free shipping until the end of the calendar year next year (so expires 12/2016)?

hoping it's the latter
Elite Status reached in 2015 should go into effect February 2016 and run until February of 2017.

15% employee discount with no sales tax vs Michigan for example with six percent sales tax-20% gcu-6% sales tax =14%. This example is kind of a non sequitur though because I still have to pay tax on purchases made with ganestop credit in Michigan.
Bad math. You're getting 15.2% off at BB with GCU. I would advise investing in a math tutor instead!

Elite Status reached in 2015 should go into effect February 2016 and run until February of 2017.
Unless they have changed it, it should go into effect once the purchase in 2015 that pushed the membership into Elite clears the return window. Any purchases after that one, even if prior to said return window and it actually saying Elite, should gain the Elite benefits.

Then it will expire Feb 2017. Unless you reach Elite again next year of course :D

I got hit with a ban today. Nothing popped up on the screen as far as "account has been banned/deleted/whatever". When they scanned my PUR card, it didn't show up as me being a PUR member. After an hour of troubleshooting, they called customer service and they told the employee that I violated TOS and they deleted my account. So I cashed out my balance with Amazon credit and left. I have no idea what triggered it. The only thing I can think of is I used ALOT of PUR coupons ($50, $25, $15 off an item). Maybe that was it?

Just curios but did GS really put a stop to the 20% off B-Day coupon? I've been out of the loop lately the last update I heard was GS was in the process of eliminating the coupon. 

Can anyone confirmed?

Just curios but did GS really put a stop to the 20% off B-Day coupon? I've been out of the loop lately the last update I heard was GS was in the process of eliminating the coupon.

Can anyone confirmed?
The universal, unlimited use coupons: Yes. Now they send out one-time use coupons to members for their birthdays. I just got mine last week.

I got hit with a ban today. Nothing popped up on the screen as far as "account has been banned/deleted/whatever". When they scanned my PUR card, it didn't show up as me being a PUR member. After an hour of troubleshooting, they called customer service and they told the employee that I violated TOS and they deleted my account. So I cashed out my balance with Amazon credit and left. I have no idea what triggered it. The only thing I can think of is I used ALOT of PUR coupons ($50, $25, $15 off an item). Maybe that was it?
Were all of those coupons issued on your own account or did you use someone else's?

I doubt it is coupon abuse. It would't make sense as they are legimatelly earned points.

Especially when  a lot of us used the 20%coupon when it was unlimited for triple stacking 100s of times and no one has mentioned being banned for that. I had a friend who used it at least minimum 50 times. And he was banned but mainly because he was an idiot. He said something fresh to a female employee and she took extreme offense to it and used it as an excuse to call CS and rat him out to CS thus he received the ban hammer. That's the only instance I've heard of being banned due to extreme coupon use. But that was more due to his own idiocy.

Were all of those coupons issued on your own account or did you use someone else's?
They were someone else's, which makes me think that's what did me in. Even though they were purchased with points, they weren't from my account. The employee probably noticed I was using a ton of coupons and notified the powers that be.

They were someone else's, which makes me think that's what did me in. Even though they were purchased with points, they weren't from my account. The employee probably noticed I was using a ton of coupons and notified the powers that be.
I've had multiple accounts closed. We would know because when giving our card/phone number to the employee, nothing would come up and they would give us a new non-PRO card. Let's just say we were using coupons that weren't issued under our accounts.

What the crap?! I know the 50$ extra on xbox one promo said till 9/20 when it was announced. But now it's not showing on site.... wonder if it still works, just not advertised anymore

What the crap?! I know the 50$ extra on xbox one promo said till 9/20 when it was announced. But now it's not showing on site.... wonder if it still works, just not advertised anymore
I hope not I was saving my xbox to trade it in on Tuesday for the Forza edition

The $50 is still advertised so no worries it should still work 

On the front page just scroll through Featured deals and you should see it but it links to the trade-in section which isn't there weirdly. 

Does anyone know how the return policy on used games works when you order online? It isn't really 7 days from when you order, is it?

Sorry guys, quick questions:

So Gamestop upgraded their system sometime ago, :???: :?: , that basically allow the store people to check on the pre-orders from just one location, correct?

Main questions, previous had placed pre-orders for couple Batman: Arkham Knight and forgot pickup, not sure why multiple pre-orders were done, could be moments of relapse. Well, few weeks ago, went to one Gamestop and asked about the pre-orders were place, the employee only inform about the existing pre-orders that have not yet to be out, but not the Batman ones. Will those Batman ones "exist" if remember which location they were available at? Hopefully the payments are still available to switch to other games. 8-[

Does anyone know how the return policy on used games works when you order online? It isn't really 7 days from when you order, is it?
You might want to contact them, but their site showed:

Full refund within 7 days of purchase
Identical exchange within 30 days of purchase

So Gamestop upgraded their system sometime ago, :???: :?: , that basically allow the store people to check on the pre-orders from just one location, correct?

Main questions, previous had placed pre-orders for couple Batman: Arkham Knight and forgot pickup, not sure why multiple pre-orders were done, could be moments of relapse. Well, few weeks ago, went to one Gamestop and asked about the pre-orders were place, the employee only inform about the existing pre-orders that have not yet to be out, but not the Batman ones. Will those Batman ones "exist" if remember which location they were available at? Hopefully the payments are still available to switch to other games. 8-[
what?

Simply put, forgot to pickup previous Batman pre-orders. Under their old system, those pre-orders might still be good. But they seemed to had upgrade their system to allow you to check your pre-orders, even from another store, at just one location.

Had asked an employee from one location to check on pre-orders but he did not mention about those Batman ones being there. So was wondering if those pre-orders' funds still available to transfer for other games?

Do you get any bonuses for preordering the Forza system at GS?  Thinking of switching mine out since it would be $175 to upgrade and I'd probably be paying at least $40 for the game anyway...

[quote name="thunder_gamer" post="12917597" timestamp="1442180979"]Simply put, forgot to pickup previous Batman pre-orders. Under their old system, those pre-orders might still be good. But they seemed to had upgrade their system to allow you to check your pre-orders, even from another store, at just one location.

Had asked an employee from one location to check on pre-orders but he did not mention about those Batman ones being there. So was wondering if those pre-orders' funds still available to transfer for other games?[/quote]
You can go to www.poweruprewards.com and look at your preorders, their status, and the location you placed them.

Yes, you can go to any GS location, and ask an employee to look up reservation/PUR accounts. Accounts can be found through:
1. Phone number
2. Last name and zip code
3. Email address

Reservation deposits don't disappear from a store's system, unless the store is closing. In that case, a reserve is transferred to the closest store.

Yeah if you know your phone number, last name and zip code or email address we can look it up and see what pre orders you have open and where you pre ordered them at.

You would have to go to that store though to cancel the pre orders.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back