GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone have any decent trades lined up?

I've got the following going back in:

• 3 Xbox 360 Slim AC Adapters - OEM units, of course
  • 2 Play and Charge Cables
  • Xbox 360 VGA Cable
  • 2 Sonic Ultimate Genesis Collection (PS3)
  • A few random PS4 games that I've beaten recently.

Finished Mad Max (PS4) last night. Personally, it's my sleeper hit of the generation. Maybe that'll go back, too.
Did all those get a bump or are you just traded them in?

Did all those get a bump or are you just traded them in?
AFAIK, Sonic Ultimate Genesis is the only one on my list that has the bump. The remainder is stuff I have laying around and just want to trade back in.

You can't deny the value on the 360 Slim AC Adapters, though.

Didn't notice that, i'm pretty new to flipping, so i'm barely getting in to the groove, but seems like a good thing to do.
I'm no master, but if you read a lot and pay attention to the details and nuances of the posts on this board, you'll pick up some useful information.

I'm going to throw this one little nugget out to you - make sure you check out and read as many threads as you can. Even if you feel that the topic isn't applicable to you, you may glean some new nuggets of wisdom that will help you in your quest to flip. Feel free to ask questions and post freely. This community has some pretty informative and insightful members.

Although I'm a little bummed about being on the trade limit exceeded list, I came across an empty Black Ops Combo pack 360 case at home last night.  I smiled, real fucking big.

Hopefully only one more month to go.

So if I were to trade in Xbox 360 and One adapters to GameStop, would I need to buy OEM or can third-party work? And where is the best place to buy them?

Wonder if the start date just wasn't right for when they should be active. Not going to bother until I see others confirm. Would like to know if Animal Crossing New Leaf is $20 in store trade in.

Someone said they got an email, so its probably legit.

Anyone know if getting cash will work for the values? Obviously -20% and +10% for PUR. Would like to trade in OOT for $30 cash. My guess is if the values go up then yes, but if its a boost it might be credit only.

Anyone know if getting cash will work for the values? Obviously -20% and +10% for PUR. Would like to trade in OOT for $30 cash. My guess is if the values go up then yes, but if its a boost it might be credit only.
Don't even bother; GS never boosts cash values. Ironically I've heard from staff that a lot of people come in during the trade bumps and take the cash anyway. Big LOLs on them.

GS wanted to get rid of all the sonic games without just giving them away...everything else was just red herring, Sonic was the master plan :D
I am the Eggman, that's what I am, I am the Eggman with the master plan...

Oh come on that was a good theme from Sonic Adventure 2!

In Albuquerque, not able to make to a store though. I called one and confirmed that Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection hasn't received the trade bump. From what I've seen when GS does a weekend trade bump the system is updated fairly early the day it starts. It seems a bit curious that the 4 for $20 sale and a trade bump would overlap. I wonder if the poster of the trade bump list got the dates mixed up... Just a stray thought.

In Albuquerque, not able to make to a store though. I called one and confirmed that Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection hasn't received the trade bump. From what I've seen when GS does a weekend trade bump the system is updated fairly early the day it starts. It seems a bit curious that the 4 for $20 sale and a trade bump would overlap. I wonder if the poster of the trade bump list got the dates mixed up... Just a stray thought.

We're in a bit of a pickle here! Who will save us! There is no god!

How could you do this to us, GameStop? How?!?! Why?!?!

fMx5TGV.gif

The email I got listed cash values.

Yea, it's just a cash value email. Doesn't say anything about inflated credit values.

Not only that... but the list wasn't that impressive was it? Like... really... not impressive.

Yea, it's just a cash value email. Doesn't say anything about inflated credit values.

Not only that... but the list wasn't that impressive was it? Like... really... not impressive.
My email states:

M., YOU HAVE 21 GAMES
WORTH $365.00
Promotional values guaranteed through 10/04/15.

Yeah sadly I just got the email that said:

A.,YOU HAVE 20 GAMES
WORTH $316.00 IN REAL CASH MONEY! 
Promotional values guaranteed through 10/04/15.

In case you're wondering, the A stands for A-Hole. GS loooooves me to death eh?

Mine was 29 games worth 745.00 credit. Wonder why some got cash and some got credit ones.

I got a big stack of stuff from Goodwill for $46 so I'm just trying to recoop that but otherwise I would be fine with credit.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back