GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like the trade bump is still going on for today, just looked up the TIVs for Burnout: Revenge (360), Skate 3 and NCAA Football 14 (both PS3) via the app. Burnout: Revenge and Skate 3 are still showing $12.50 and NCAA Football 14 is still showing $17.50. Going to test this out by trading in Burnout: Revenge. Will give an update later.

We aren't doubting the honorable Mohammed, we doubt his source, Dimitry, who has been known to spread false information in the past.
He better be wrong about these specials. I plan on picking up some of these Black Friday Deals and flipping them for sweet gains!

I cannot deal with a false profit, Mohammed!

False Prophet? Mohammed? No? Not even a giggle?

zErbu6E.jpg

He better be wrong about these specials. I plan on picking up some of these Black Friday Deals and flipping them for sweet gains!

I cannot deal with a false profit, Mohammed!
Mohammed can practically confirm that most game that come out October - November are gonna be MSRP on Black Friday

For those who use their credit to buy gift cards...I don't know if this has been mentioned before or even is legit but I was told by a Gamestop employee that starting in December we will not be able to use store credit or gift cards to buy other gift cards (Amazon, Shell, etc). Also can't do trades without a drivers license from the state you are trading in at. So as in my situation, since I have a Florida license I can't trade in at a Massachusetts store. The trade in thing might just be a Massachusetts only, I didn't ask.
I can see this being a thing at some point. My local store limited me to buying $100 of Kindle gift cards last time when I used my trade credit.

I think no's contact at GS said we could buy prepaid VISA's with store credit for now.... so it may be a good time to cash out while you can.

That's pretty stupid. If you think about it GS makes a good amount of money when they sell those cards. They can't stop some POSA cards from being bought with trade credit because they sell Steam, PlayStation, and Xbox cards.

That's pretty stupid. If you think about it GS makes a good amount of money when they sell those cards.
Relative to handing out cash I suppose but whatever tin percentage they get is far less than they would make selling you a used game (which is what they want to do).

Hey guys I could use some input. I bought the Forza 6 XBO bundle on 9/15. I have obviously already opened it. What are the chances I could get a store to do a return/rebuy to get the free NBA 2K16 game that they are now offering. I want to get some community feedback on success/failure with this sort of thing.

Hey guys I could use some input. I bought the Forza 6 XBO bundle on 9/15. I have obviously already opened it. What are the chances I could get a store to do a return/rebuy to get the free NBA 2K16 game that they are now offering. I want to get some community feedback on success/failure with this sort of thing.
YMMV. I was able to get a free FIFA 16 w/ the Taken King PS4 bundle by returning/rebuying. You just need a cool employee and you should be dandy :) GL!

So guys if I sign into my PUR account and there's a message that says "You have cancelled your membership", even though I didn't, that means I'm banned, yeah?

I've been buying $25 off coupons from Ebay sellers for $8 and using them to buy amiibos. I've must have used about 10 $25 coupons in the course of 2 months.
Yeah, attaching your PUR account while using those coupons was a bad idea. Hopefully you figure things out!

That's pretty stupid. If you think about it GS makes a good amount of money when they sell those cards. They can't stop some POSA cards from being bought with trade credit because they sell Steam, PlayStation, and Xbox cards.
Im not 100% sure what you mean but we hardly make any profit selling gift cards, POSA cards or anything digital.

Im not 100% sure what you mean but we hardly make any profit selling gift cards, POSA cards or anything digital.
But you make something because you wouldn't sell them if you made no money. A big portion of Gamestop's revenue comes from digital sales, it's essential. POSA cards and digital goods are another way for shoppers to come into Gamestop to buy stuff. Either use their trade credit or get PUR points. There is a reason you sell them and to stop customers from buying POSA cards with trade credit is stupid because that's what some want to do. A lot of customers trade their shit in for cash or buy old used games with their credit. That's what Gamestop wants, but they have to recognise that some people will buy stuff that makes small profits. That's called just doing business and Gamestop knows that.

But you make something because you wouldn't sell them if you made no money. A big portion of Gamestop's revenue comes from digital sales, it's essential. POSA cards and digital goods are another way for shoppers to come into Gamestop to buy stuff. Either use their trade credit or get PUR points. There is a reason you sell them and to stop customers from buying POSA cards with trade credit is stupid because that's what some want to do. A lot of customers trade their shit in for cash or buy old used games with their credit. That's what Gamestop wants, but they have to recognise that some people will buy stuff that makes small profits. That's called just doing business and Gamestop knows that.
It's literally pennies on POSA cards. I would imagine there is some fee they get from the vendor for having the display in the store but the cards themselves are nothing.

revenue and profit are two totally different things. We seriously make less than 10% on digital sales and POSA cards. If for some reason DLC gets return we 100% eat the loss as well.

People trading in games for gift cards/posa is only great because of the profit they can make on the used games. Has nothing to do really with what we make off of digital/gift cards/posa because like i said its hardly anything.

If they do this they are likely hoping people will just trade their stuff in for cash to buy cards/digital since thats even more profit for them.

Was able to trade in two copies for Black Ops II for the Wii U for $36 bucks, found them at best buy on clearance for 5.59 after GCU. 

revenue and profit are two totally different things. We seriously make less than 10% on digital sales and POSA cards. If for some reason DLC gets return we 100% eat the loss as well.

People trading in games for gift cards/posa is only great because of the profit they can make on the used games. Has nothing to do really with what we make off of digital/gift cards/posa because like i said its hardly anything.

If they do this they are likely hoping people will just trade their stuff in for cash to buy cards/digital since thats even more profit for them.
I'm not an idiot. I know the difference between revenue and profit, lol.

My IP or whatever is blocked from Gamestop.com but my account is still good. Has anyone ever had this happen? I can access their site through my cellphone at least I guess.

Also, when I went to Gamestop today, the manager said I got 5,000 points for being the top trader last week. Must be a new thing. Im leading this week as well lol. Thanks CAG!

Just went in to trade a single game and got the trade limit reached message on the screen. First time i attempted a trade since the 50% coupon bonanzas. I traded in almost exactly $2000 worth during that week. The screen did not say when i could trade in again.

So I just got back from GS, first time I've been there since the last $5 coupon bonanza. Since when am I required to trade with the case to avoid a refurb fee? Is this a new policy or maybe just something at this store/district?

Are you GS people now or something? :shock:

So I just got back from GS, first time I've been there since the last $5 coupon bonanza. Since when am I required to trade with the case to avoid a refurb fee? Is this a new policy or maybe just something at this store/district?

Sounds like BS tbh. Havent heard anything at all about having to have a case.

That only makes sense if they're going to sell the game at a lower price without a case, which is obviously untrue.

Not new policy, that's for sure. Probably just that store making up its own rules or a dumb employee.

That's actually AGAINST policy. Burn their ass on the survey and contact corporate.

Like I said, I'm not an idiot. I know that businesses have to set prices in a way that makes it worth it to sell. But businesses have to set loss leaders to get people into the store. That's the current retail climate, lol.
Gift cards to other stores is not one of those things.

I traded 5 disc only games in yesterday and they didn't say anything about it.
Sounds like BS tbh. Havent heard anything at all about having to have a case.
That only makes sense if they're going to sell the game at a lower price without a case, which is obviously untrue.
Not new policy, that's for sure. Probably just that store making up its own rules or a dumb employee.
Figured but I didn't feel like being 'that guy'.

That's actually AGAINST policy. Burn their ass on the survey and contact corporate.
Even if that's the case and I haven't been into a GS in months I don't know that I want corporate paying attention to me.

Like I said, I'm not an idiot. I know that businesses have to set prices in a way that makes it worth it to sell. But businesses have to set loss leaders to get people into the store. That's the current retail climate, lol.
You kind of undermine your point by punctuating it with 'lol'.

But digital goods are. That's why they are advertised.
Im mostly talking about gift cards and posa cards since this conversation basically started about a rumor that gamestop wont allow you to use trade credit for those anymore.

As far as digital goes, they mostly push DLC to make the publishers happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back