GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
So I went and returned the Lunar White controller. The system gave me $37.20 back in credit and made the guy give me the other 32.xx back in cash. (I originally paid the 32.xx in trade credit)

So I went and returned the Lunar White controller. The system gave me $37.20 back in credit and made the guy give me the other 32.xx back in cash. (I originally paid the 32.xx in trade credit)
I'm thinking about returning mine as well, but are there any other controllers with the grips?

I swapped my Lunar yesterday too and upgraded to the Master Chief controller. I had a love/hate relationship with the grips on the Lunar. I'm happy with my upgrade.

mother fuck er.  I just returned my misaligned Lunar controller for a MC controller, got home and noticed it was a gutted.  Where the small round seal was, there was also a giant round one that GS puts on their gutted games.  I just opened it and it was clearly used and there's no REQ pack voucher inside.

No way did I just pay $70 for a fuck ing used controller. The fuck ing REQ pack code alone is selling for $20 on ebay.

mother fuck er. I just returned my misaligned Lunar controller for a MC controller, got home and noticed it was a gutted. Where the small round seal was, there was also a giant round one that GS puts on their gutted games. I just opened it and it was clearly used and there's no REQ pack voucher inside.

No way did I just pay $70 for a fuck ing used controller. The fuck ing REQ pack code alone is selling for $20 on ebay.
I would go back and return that ASAP. That's a load of BS if true.

I would go back and return that ASAP. That's a load of BS if true.
Yeah, I'm taking it back in the morning when the manager is there.

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25839]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25840]
That's the Gamestop "New" experience.

They sold me a new PC game via the internet. It was disc only. fuck this company.
It's still not the worst I've ever dealt with. There's this gem I like to bring up every so often:

Yeah, I'm taking it back in the morning when the manager is there.

It's still not the worst I've ever dealt with. There's this gem I like to bring up every so often:

At least you got a case. They sent me the disc in a paper envelope... INSIDE ANOTHER PAPER ENVELOPE. They didn't even bother mailing it in a padded envelope!

mother fuck er. I just returned my misaligned Lunar controller for a MC controller, got home and noticed it was a gutted. Where the small round seal was, there was also a giant round one that GS puts on their gutted games. I just opened it and it was clearly used and there's no REQ pack voucher inside.

ur biggest mistake was buying "new" items from gamestop

the worse part is when GS put their stupid seal/tape over an open product right in front of the customers/soccer mommies and sells it as new then turns around and tell the customer that if the seal is broken, its nolonger consider new and cannot not be return.  

the worse part is when GS put their stupid seal/tape over an open product right in front of the customers/soccer mommies and sells it as new then turns around and tell the customer that if the seal is broken, its nolonger consider new and cannot not be return.
gamestop logic

Yeah, I returned my Vita Disney Infinity starter last week because it was opened and had Gamestop labels on each item in the box (internet order).

The manager at the store that I returned it to wanted to argue that it was still new because nobody had ever played it. GTFO.

Same thing happend to me when i purchased a covert controller back in August. I bought it 15 minutes before the store closed. I got home, opened the box and the controller had a dark stain on it. I looked at the box and it had the two circle pieces of tape like yours has. Took it first thing in the morning and the rep apologized. Good thing he kinda knows me from always going to GS. He was cool about returning it and giving me another one.

85065be0301ac01211e734fee99632a9.gif

I just bought the last MC controller the closest gamestop had.  They had it out of the box on display behind the counter.  They put it back in the box and gave me a 10% 'storeworn' discount.  I'm happy with that, at least they gave a discount for the gutted one.  It was in perfect shape and has worked fine the past few hours.

Took it back and got a new one today.  Manager was a dick about it, grilling me as to why I returned the lunar and I was the only person at his store to return one for any reason.  He opened the box for the MC and we verified the code voucher was in there, and he wrote on the receipt that the box was opened in store and that I have a code.

I'm a regular at that store, and he was acting towards me like I was a fuck ing thief.  Maybe he should look into who in his store is opening these controllers, snatching the codes and resealing them...?

Took it back and got a new one today. Manager was a dick about it, grilling me as to why I returned the lunar and I was the only person at his store to return one for any reason. He opened the box for the MC and we verified the code voucher was in there, and he wrote on the receipt that the box was opened in store and that I have a code.

I'm a regular at that store, and he was acting towards me like I was a fuck ing thief. Maybe he should look into who in his story is opening these controllers, snatching the codes and resealing them...?
Burn him on the survey.

Not thay its your fault but to the manager it likely looks like you could have took the code and exchanging it for anothet code
That's still no reason to treat him as if he really did it. The manager is free to think what he wants, but he should act professionally. I'd be skeptical myself, but I'd never treat a customer that way.

Burn him on the survey.
Do this. I've had a bad experience and did that survey on the receipt and got a phone call from a district manager whom asked me for more information about what happened during my experience and then he offered me a free pre-owned game of $20 or less to make up for it. I never did go pick up my free game, I didn't want them to think that's why i was complaining.

Gamestop related question, isn't Watch Dogs supposed to be $9.99 starting today for a preowned copy? I'm looking at the website and it's still saying $15.

Do this. I've had a bad experience and did that survey on the receipt and got a phone call from a district manager whom asked me for more information about what happened during my experience and then he offered me a free pre-owned game of $20 or less to make up for it. I never did go pick up my free game, I didn't want them to think that's why i was complaining.

Gamestop related question, isn't Watch Dogs supposed to be $9.99 starting today for a preowned copy? I'm looking at the website and it's still saying $15.
Its $10 with a coupon you get from being PUR Pro.

You need a coupon from your PUR profile.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back