GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
Called my local store and asked them if I could buy gift cards with trade credit and the employee said, "Sure. No Problem." So, I went there after work and cashed out all but $70 on gas cards. If the end is coming, I wanted to make sure that I am prepared!

No more Amazon cards? End of an era in flipping...

200.gif
Yes, this is actually terrible news.

Use your GS credit to buy eBay GCs, go to eBay to buy Best Buy GCs. Don't forget to enable any promotional multipliers in your eBay account for buying or buying with GCs.
Thanks for the info and I appreciate you letting me know. When I go to gamestop I never look for gift cards, just video games :) Im at ebays site now and I see many sellers selling best buy gift cards obviously dont want to buy it from just anyone can I buy it from Best Buy directly?

For all you guys buying ebay gc cards from Gamestop, I would keep some of ebay credit around as backup, the past 3 weeks ebay has had $100 digital gift cards on sale for $95.  Just more free credit they are throwing out there.

Thanks for the info and I appreciate you letting me know. When I go to gamestop I never look for gift cards, just video games :) Im at ebays site now and I see many sellers selling best buy gift cards obviously dont want to buy it from just anyone can I buy it from Best Buy directly?
click on gift cards at the top of ebay and you can find the ones ebay/paypal sell directly. heres a straight link to the best buy one, you can buy from $25-100 and as many as you want. Go to your account and messages first though and see if you have a 5X ebay bucks multiplier, that'll return 10% back in ebay money for any GCs you buy. It expires today though so you may be out of time.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Best-Buy-eGift-Card-25-50-100-Email-delivery-/262075905712

Over the past few months I moved close to 1,000$ in credit over to Best Buy and spent 400$ on Amazon gift cards . I still have a decent amount left but I'm not too worried about it , it's easy enough to move credit with B2G1 coupons. It's even possible to move credit to Walmart with some of the recent high trade values as well . It will suck not being able to go buy kindle cards if I needed something though . Amazon trade in faq 7.0 will not be the same .

click on gift cards at the top of ebay and you can find the ones ebay/paypal sell directly. heres a straight link to the best buy one, you can buy from $25-100 and as many as you want. Go to your account and messages first though and see if you have a 5X ebay bucks multiplier, that'll return 10% back in ebay money for any GCs you buy. It expires today though so you may be out of time.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Best-Buy-eGift-Card-25-50-100-Email-delivery-/262075905712
Great thank you SO much!!! I already have 80 bucks in credit from gamestop on a gamestop gc I can always buy an Ebay gift card for that amount and on top of that the additional 200 bucks I will be receiving when I trade in the XBOX ONE..Will just be waiting to find out who has the best black friday deal for the XBOX ONE, either best buy or gamestop..so when that info comes out either I will get it from gamestop or best buy..but if I get the gift cards for ebay I assume they are only available in store at gamestop?

Looks like Gamestop deleted my account. My name is in the system but PUR # and account is Gone. Am I banned or I don't have PUR pro anymore? I know someone in this thread had his account deleted. It's probably from the 7 copies of Sonic Genesis bought and sold 4 at GS and 3 at BB. 

Shit, I might buy Pro account another for a B2G1 for Fallout, TR and Battlefront if they let me. 

Back to the topic:

Cashed Out at GS and bought ebay Cards and did that 5X Bonus for $5 Ebay Bucks for $50 Card

Looks like Gamestop deleted my account. My name is in the system but PUR # and account is Gone. Am I banned or I don't have PUR pro anymore? I know someone in this thread had his account deleted. It's probably from the 7 copies of Sonic Genesis bought and sold 4 at GS and 3 at BB.

Shit, I might buy Pro account another for a B2G1 for Fallout, TR and Battlefront if they let me.

Back to the topic:

Cashed Out at GS and bought ebay Cards and did that 5X Bonus for $5 Ebay Bucks for $50 Card
Your account has been deleted due to you violating the rules.

Back to the topic:

You will also get your account closed too if you use Gift Certificate that is not earned with your card. I think a few members here got their account closed from buying $50 gift certificate from ebay.

Your account has been deleted due to you violating the rules.
Is my account just deleted and/or also Banned? Like could I buy another PUR account or do I have to wait that 90 something days for my account to reappear or is it Banished to the Shadow Realm forever.

Welcome to my world!

My brother got a $120 eBay card earlier, wish I had a GameStop near by my school, I could get to it but it's a hassle. I need to cash out at least $300 and I'll probably go down the BB route.

Is my account just deleted and/or also Banned? Like could I buy another PUR account or do I have to wait that 90 something days for my account to reappear or is it Banished to the Shadow Realm forever.
That sounds too harsh for what you did. You either tried trading in all copies at the same place where you weren't discreet enough or you did something else that we're not aware of yet. Cause trading in 4 separate copies of the same thing didn't cause this that's for sure.

Does anyone know if the current deal to trade a PS3/360 towards a PS4/X1 for $100 works for preorders? I'd like to get the Star Wars console rather than a current bundle.
The promotion is good until the 21st of November.

I'd say go preorder the system and do the trade in when you come to pick it up

Welcome to my world!
That's crazy how they can just take Pro memberships away. Especially if it's paid for for a couple of years.

Interesting, especially in states where you're charged tax on credit. $500 ebay GC turns itself magically into $600 Gamestop credit and however much in Ebay Bucks you get.

Interesting, especially in states where you're charged tax on credit. $500 ebay GC turns itself magically into $600 Gamestop credit and however much in Ebay Bucks you get.
Yup crazy how you can even combine with Best Buy's GC offer, just in time for holiday shopping deals.

WELP. Glad I caught this thread. Went in during lunch today and cashed out. Couldn't find any ebay cards, but they had Amazon. Had $575 in credit, so I bought $400 worth of cards and a game and left $145 on my account. It went off with kind of a hitch. The guy that rung me up stopped to ask the manager if he could sell that many giftcards and he was told as long as the POS didn't stop him from ringing it up to let it go. It was really busy because people were coming in to pick up their Assassin's Creed pre-orders, so I able to get out there without anymore resistance. Thanks BASED Ubisoft, maybe.

WELP. Glad I caught this thread. Went in during lunch today and cashed out. Couldn't find any ebay cards, but they had Amazon. Had $575 in credit, so I bought $400 worth of cards and a game and left $145 on my account. It went off with kind of a hitch. The guy that rung me up stopped to ask the manager if he could sell that many giftcards and he was told as long as the POS didn't stop him from ringing it up to let it go. It was really busy because people were coming in to pick up their Assassin's Creed pre-orders, so I able to get out there without anymore resistance. Thanks BASED Ubisoft, maybe.
If your store doesn't carry any physical eBay GC's I believe there's a gamestop online link to purchase eBay gift cards that you can pay for in store. Never tried it myself since I find them at my stores but that's an option to explore.

At the moment, the new "POSA card" policy hasn't been enforced at every location. But it looks like it will be very soon. My district just started following the policy recently. According to my DM and LP Manager, the only POSA cards that can be purchased with GCs or trade credit are PSN/XBL/Nintendo eShop cards and restaurant cards.
What about Steam?

We need reports of what states people are getting denied in. There is no policy stating using credit on gift cards is not ok and in NJ the dm I spoke to said he's heard nothing about doing this.

I'm in NYC and went to a particular store where the manager is a stickler. However, he said nothing when I purchased the amazon gift cards and he's the type who follows protocol 24/7.

I'm going to try in Wisconsin tonight.

I bought $400 in amazon recently to buy a new phone so I don't think there's a limit.

Do these usually take a while to activate? i just got back from disappointing some poor cashier by cancelling $140 in pre orders

got denied at one store in so cal yesterday. the guy said he thinks its at least CA-wide policy. gonna try a couple more stores today
Just bought a Shell Card with trade credit at a SoCal store (borderline LA County/Orange County area) without issue. No mention of any new policy, transaction went through just fine and it was the only thing that I bought. Where in SoCal did you get denied?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back