GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone know if gamestop still does the guaranteed $40 value on xb1 or ps4 games, or did they do away with this?  I'm trying to figure out if it's worth renewing my pur membership and using the b2g1 to pay off the membership like i've done in previous years.  I used to buy 3 games for lets say 51x2, third free, total= 102 using trade credit.  Then trade back in for 44x3=132.  Seems they may have done away with it screwing my free annual membership plan : (

Anyone know if gamestop still does the guaranteed $40 value on xb1 or ps4 games, or did they do away with this? I'm trying to figure out if it's worth renewing my pur membership and using the b2g1 to pay off the membership like i've done in previous years. I used to buy 3 games for lets say 51x2, third free, total= 102 using trade credit. Then trade back in for 44x3=132. Seems they may have done away with it screwing my free annual membership plan : (
They've reduced it to 30$ guaranteed.

I haven't used gamestop in a bit and was wondering do they still do trade in promotions,i really want blops 3 and have a couple of games i want to get rid of.

Sounds like the "no credit being using on GCs" thing may be a test in certain regions.
I think so because I traded in an Xbox One the other day and an additional controller and was able to purchase the kindle card which you put your own amount to it and put $150 on it along with buying another controller.

I haven't used gamestop in a bit and was wondering do they still do trade in promotions,i really want blops 3 and have a couple of games i want to get rid of.
If you have any PS4 or X1 games you want to get rid of, you can trade them towards Halo 5 and get an extra $10 for each game. You can just cancel the pre-order and use the credit to pick up Blops 3.

Edit: Forgot to mention this doesn't start until Monday.

If you have any PS4 or X1 games you want to get rid of, you can trade them towards Halo 5 and get an extra $10 for each game. You can just cancel the pre-order and use the credit to pick up Blops 3.

I was about to jump on this deal until I did some research. I knew it sounded too good to be true.

The $10 trade-in credit is added to the trade-in value of the PS4 or Xbox One game. This offer only extends to one game and one that has a trade value of over $3.

Source:
http://www.dualshockers.com/2015/10/19/get-10-extra-trade-in-credit-toward-halo-5-guardians-for-any-ps4-and-xbox-one-game/

I am really surprised that they have ever allowed trade credit for gift cards. The gas gift cards are basically cash (easy to resell at good margins) and it seems to me that it would encourage stolen merchandise to be brought in or expose them to some risk of being partner to some money laundering schemes.

I am really surprised that they have ever allowed trade credit for gift cards. The gas gift cards are basically cash (easy to resell at good margins) and it seems to me that it would encourage stolen merchandise to be brought in or expose them to some risk of being partner to some money laundering schemes.
Im trading in my XBOX ONE console tomorrow to Gamestop for 200 bucks credit(I already have 70 dollars in previous credit) am planning on purchasing a 1TB XBOX ONE bundle on black friday(Either from Gamestop or best buy whoever has the better deal) I dont see why a person cant buy gift cards at gamestop, its your money you should be able to buy whatever you want with your trade in credit

Im trading in my XBOX ONE console tomorrow to Gamestop for 200 bucks credit(I already have 70 dollars in previous credit) am planning on purchasing a 1TB XBOX ONE bundle on black friday(Either from Gamestop or best buy whoever has the better deal) I dont see why a person cant buy gift cards at gamestop, its your money you should be able to buy whatever you want with your trade in credit
Not really. Your money would be a cash trade. Gamestop's money is credit and they technically can choose what it can be used on.

Not really. Your money would be a cash trade. Gamestop's money is credit and they technically can choose what it can be used on.
Yep. Some states are more protected than others (and it's surprising that CA who has more stringent laws than most states in this area seems to be where GS is clamping down) but you basically are bound to a ToS.

I got denied for trying to buy Shell gas cards with trade credit at Duarte, CA. But I went to the Pasadena store the next day and used my trade credit on Shell cards without issue.

welp thats it for me, $800 in amazon gift cards purchased today

might get $200 more for my launch PS4 tomorrow if im not lazy, anyone know if i can just use my current PS4 hardrive in a new PS4 (by swapping, this one being a metal gear solid V PS4) , reason is i have P.T and i know if i upgrade to a new hard drive i would lose PT forever D:

welp thats it for me, $800 in amazon gift cards purchased today

might get $200 more for my launch PS4 tomorrow if im not lazy, anyone know if i can just use my current PS4 hardrive in a new PS4 (by swapping, this one being a metal gear solid V PS4) , reason is i have P.T and i know if i upgrade to a new hard drive i would lose PT forever D:
Direct swapping hard drives will make you lose everything, as it will need to format. If you use the backup procedure to an external hard drive, you can restore everything on the new hardrive, including PT. Backing up PT on an external hard drive will mean that you will never lose it :)

If you keep using someone else's b2g1 then you done goofed?

If your account seems intact online you're probably fine but I would stop sharing coupons going forward.
around the time of flippapalooza I used probably 3 other people's b2g1 coupons under my PUR. Haven't had an issue with it. I think they tightened the screws on the "sharing not allowed" policy right after that.

*disclaimer being, I'm currently under a "trade in limit reached" ban, but otherwise my account is fine. Now, if a friend/relative share their birthday coupon with me, I use their account when checking out.

I was about to jump on this deal until I did some research. I knew it sounded too good to be true.

The $10 trade-in credit is added to the trade-in value of the PS4 or Xbox One game. This offer only extends to one game and one that has a trade value of over $3.

Source:
http://www.dualshockers.com/2015/10/19/get-10-extra-trade-in-credit-toward-halo-5-guardians-for-any-ps4-and-xbox-one-game/
someone can correct me if im wrong, but i also believe this is with purchase, not pre order, so you cant just cancel it, you would have to return it. so extra $10 on ONE game with PURCHASE of halo. gamestop getting smarter.

Direct swapping hard drives will make you lose everything, as it will need to format. If you use the backup procedure to an external hard drive, you can restore everything on the new hardrive, including PT. Backing up PT on an external hard drive will mean that you will never lose it :)
While I can't speak to hard drive swapping since I have no knowledge on it, just to add, I know that the PT access is licensed based to the same PSN account that originally downloaded it. I tried accessing it on a second master PS4 account and i could never retrieve the demo on the second PS4. The only closest workaround I could find was to create another user on the same PS4 that had my PT PSN account marked as the primary (somewhat similar to how gamesharing is done except it had to stay on the same PS4). Once I deactivated my PS4, I lost access to PT forever.

Stores would try to convince people to get the gas cards instead of trading for cash because it would curve how much cash a store would give out (so the store's deposit wouldn't be negative and they would then start turning cash trade customers away) also GS's numbers are based on how much in trade a store did so getting 20% extra on a few more trades than before helps.

Since some regions wouldn't have Shell stations, etc. that's why they expanded to all the other brands. Also trying to appeal more to kids and parents.

While I can't speak to hard drive swapping since I have no knowledge on it, just to add, I know that the PT access is licensed based to the same PSN account that originally downloaded it. I tried accessing it on a second master PS4 account and i could never retrieve the demo on the second PS4. The only closest workaround I could find was to create another user on the same PS4 that had my PT PSN account marked as the primary (somewhat similar to how gamesharing is done except it had to stay on the same PS4). Once I deactivated my PS4, I lost access to PT forever.
What Welfare said is correct. I did this myself when I swapped to a 2TB HDD last month and I still have PT.

Beware though it takes 5-6 hours to backup a nearly full stock PS4 HDD to an external then another 3-4 for the restore process so it will take most of a day to complete.

someone can correct me if im wrong, but i also believe this is with purchase, not pre order, so you cant just cancel it, you would have to return it. so extra $10 on ONE game with PURCHASE of halo. gamestop getting smarter.
There seems to be at least some hope for this though as the current flyer on their website dropped the one game wording about a week ago. Will be trying 3 games on Monday will hopefully work out. Destiny had the same purchase requrement as well so they have certainly caught on to the pre order game. However for a company who so greatly emphasis pre orders these new policies will likely lose them quite a few numbers. Employees will def suffer a bit.

Anyone know what God of War remastered is trading in for? I just got it from them for $20 new on their promo but I might just beat it quick and trade it if it's a fair amount.

Anyone know what God of War remastered is trading in for? I just got it from them for $20 new on their promo but I might just beat it quick and trade it if it's a fair amount.
$13 base according to the mobile app. There's always the chance it could go up a bit once the game's price reverts to $40, but if so, it won't rise by much.

$13 base according to the mobile app. There's always the chance it could go up a bit once the game's price reverts to $40, but if so, it won't rise by much.
Do you know when is it going back up to $40?

Also the ps4 controller charger dock trades in for $8.80...will GS accept any charger that chargers DS4s?

Is the GS.com store inventory checker FUBAR for anyone else right now?

It's showing my home store, then the next store is 80 miles away, then it slowly gets back to the stores near me.

[quote name="Darby27" post="12988633" timestamp="1445878322"]Is the GS.com store inventory checker FUBAR for anyone else right now?

It's showing my home store, then the next store is 80 miles away, then it slowly gets back to the stores near me.[/quote]
It did that a couple of weeks ago on the site and the app.

Quick question about the extra $10 towards the purchase of Halo 5. Can you trade in multiple games and get an extra $10 for every game you trade in?

I've done this for different games in the past, but have they changed the policy recently?

Quick question about the extra $10 towards the purchase of Halo 5. Can you trade in multiple games and get an extra $10 for every game you trade in?

I've done this for different games in the past, but have they changed the policy recently?
The old AD with the 10/26 Start date states 1 game. The new ad with the 10/19 Start date which is currently on the website doesn't say anything about a limit. So it will be a luck of the draw on how the system runs it and if you can argue the ad with an employee to manually change it if it doesn't work automatically.

The old AD with the 10/26 Start date states 1 game. The new ad with the 10/19 Start date which is currently on the website doesn't say anything about a limit. So it will be a luck of the draw on how the system runs it and if you can argue the ad with an employee to manually change it if it doesn't work automatically.
Thanks, seemed too good to be true. Thanks for the quick response.

In store signage says "one $10 bonus per purchase"

If it does work with multiple games, I'll be picking up Halo tomorrow since I have some $3-7 games lying around and an extra $10 ea would be killer. If not, Halo 5 is just gonna have to wait.

EDIT:

In store signage says "one $10 bonus per purchase"
fuck.

Is the GS.com store inventory checker FUBAR for anyone else right now?

It's showing my home store, then the next store is 80 miles away, then it slowly gets back to the stores near me.
As Z-Saber pointed out, this has happened before. I'm not sure why they haven't fixed it yet.

Just one game apparently. Just called GS recently.

Does anyone know if the controller promo ended already?

Quick question if i go to gamestop before they close and preorder halo 5 would i get the 10 dollar extra promo andi just not pick it up and use the credit for blops 3?

Quick question if i go to gamestop before they close and preorder halo 5 would i get the 10 dollar extra promo and go i just not pick it up and use the credit for blops 3?
Put $5 down and when you pick it up trade a game in for the $10 bonus.

Quick question if i go to gamestop before they close and preorder halo 5 would i get the 10 dollar extra promo andi just not pick it up and use the credit for blops 3?
It doesn't mention anything about preordering to get the extra 10$ trade in for Halo 5 , it only states towards the purchase of Halo 5 .

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back