GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
I did a trade a few days ago and donated $1 but I didn't receive 3x points, must be a myth. (Edit: I read above and understand its on the donation amount.)

On a side note since everyone is talking about how GS sucks. The 6 stores in my county now need a fingerprint and pawn shop papers for in store credit trades. Yes its Florida. 

At GS, when trading in a console, if I were to trade the 3ds for X1 and not new 3ds would I still be able to get the bonus 100 for trading towards new 3ds?

I know the promo states FOR new 3ds, but I've traded in at bestbuy when it was one console for another specified console, and left with the added Tiv, when I didn't buy the specified console.
its always new

I did a trade a few days ago and donated $1 but I didn't receive 3x points, must be a myth. (Edit: I read above and understand its on the donation amount.)

On a side note since everyone is talking about how GS sucks. The 6 stores in my county now need a fingerprint and pawn shop papers for in store credit trades. Yes its Florida.
lmao its only 3x on the dollar you donate if you read the fine print

Is the $250 trade-in for a PS4 or XB1 good towards either system?  I received an email today that clearly said it was towards a PS4 but the GS website says it's only towards an XB1.

It's $250 base, you can spend it on anything
Thanks for clarifying!

So in theory then I could trade in one of each to upgrade my PS4 to the 1TB COD PS4? I just got the Forza bundle via the BB deal to upgrade my XB1 so I'm trying to find an easy way to upgrade my PS4 and this seems like it would work. Doubt I could get much more than $250 each since they're $350 new.

Posted this on the previous page but didn't get an answer.

Does anybody know if the $100 for a XBOX 360 or PS3 towards an XBOX One promo ended already? I can't find anything on Gamestops website and I was planning on picking up an XBOX One today.

Posted this on the previous page but didn't get an answer.

Does anybody know if the $100 for a XBOX 360 or PS3 towards an XBOX One promo ended already? I can't find anything on Gamestops website and I was planning on picking up an XBOX One today.
Nope, still going.

Question, my PS4 has a 750gig replacement HD. The original failed on me last year and was causing alot of problems with my PS4 so I had to throw it out. Will GS accept my trade in even if it's a replacement drive?

Just so everyone is aware of it, it looks like GameStop changed the November 15th expiration date for trading in PS4/Xbox One for $250 to "trade value subject to change without notice". For those looking to trade in their consoles, they should do it sooner rather than later.

Question, my PS4 has a 750gig replacement HD. The original failed on me last year and was causing alot of problems with my PS4 so I had to throw it out. Will GS accept my trade in even if it's a replacement drive?
When I tried to trade in my PS3 that had a replacement hard drive, GameStop wouldn't accept it.

Just so everyone is aware of it, it looks like GameStop changed the November 15th expiration date for trading in PS4/Xbox One for $250 to "trade value subject to change without notice". For those looking to trade in their consoles, they should do it sooner rather than later.
it's always been "trade value subject to change without notice" but someone else has mentioned that this Sunday would be the last day. Which sucks since I won't get my xbox one back from being fixed. Will just see what the extra $50 trade in is about later this month.

Just got back from trading in my 500-GB one. Got the $250 on a generic gift card. Luckily, my controller cooperated (there's something in there that rattles, but I can get it to settle into a spot where it'll stay quiet), and they didn't care about the few scratches on the top (nothing major, but was worried they'd be sticklers). Gotta head out to a couple of GameStops now and use my 2 B2G1 coupons so I can flip the credit to Best Buy. I already have Halo 5 and Forza 6 of my own to trade in to Best Buy, so have to pick a few other high-dollar flips (some Nintendo titles seem to be good choices).

Also, the store I traded the console into already had Halo 5 and Black Ops 3 on the used shelf. $57 each, what a crock.

And some employees are approaching WalMart levels of stupidity.

Went to return Halo and pick up another game. I grab the other one and go up to the counter and say I'm returning halo and picking this up.

He tells me "I can't take it because its still sealed"

And some employees are approaching WalMart levels of stupidity.

Went to return Halo and pick up another game. I grab the other one and go up to the counter and say I'm returning halo and picking this up.

He tells me "I can't take it because its still sealed"
His mind went straight to trade-in.

Traded in Gta V for $33 towards black ops 3. Paid remaining balance with a $50 and this dumb cashier gave me $70 change.

Well I went in today traded in my Xbox one and Xbox 360 and got the elite bundle. They were out of new controllers and would not give me an upgraded one. I walked out with a preowned controller instead of a new one.

Well I went in today traded in my Xbox one and Xbox 360 and got the elite bundle. They were out of new controllers and would not give me an upgraded one. I walked out with a preowned controller instead of a new one.
I would make them give you a new one when their next shipment comes in

I totally would have started something with GS corporate over that controller junk. That's straight garbage, and I'd be e-mailing someone ASAP about that.

Question guys, I have a friend who bought black ops at gamestop. Can I take my copy from dell with his receipt and request a return on a trade card? He paid with credit. I know they print holiday receipts now

[quote name="Raw_Orangejuice" post="13012023" timestamp="1446865848"]Question guys, I have a friend who bought black ops at gamestop. Can I take my copy from dell with his receipt and request a return on a trade card? He paid with credit. I know they print holiday receipts now[/quote]

return fraud
As long as it's the same UPC it shouldn't be a problem. I don't think this qualifies as return fraud, like trying to return something to a store without a receipt under the pretense of having bought it there.

As long as it's the same UPC it shouldn't be a problem. I don't think this qualifies as return fraud, like trying to return something to a store without a receipt under the pretense of having bought it there.
Thanks! I've had luck before with doing this with my batman copy. Bought one at gamestop to have it that Tuesday and returned the dell one. I'll just double check the UPC before bringing in my copy

If you preordered BO3 from gamestop you got an exclusive Nuk3town personalization pack printed on the pickup receipt (for PS4/Xbone), it sells for $20-30 on eBay/craigslist.  Only thing it adds is some costume crap so pretty easy sell off, if you wanna recoup some of the costs.

The pack is completely seperate from the Nuk3town map, which is included inside on a code print and everyone got that.  AFAIK the personalization pack was a gamestop exclusive in the US, I don't think amazon or Best Buy got anything.  The limited/CE/season pass/etc got extra stuff.

would it matter if he v used the pre order code on the receipt?
I wouldn't worry about it.

If you preordered BO3 from gamestop you got an exclusive Nuk3town personalization pack printed on the pickup receipt (for PS4/Xbone), it sells for $20-30 on eBay/craigslist. Only thing it adds is some costume crap so pretty easy sell off, if you wanna recoup some of the costs.

The pack is completely seperate from the Nuk3town map, which is included inside on a code print and everyone got that. AFAIK the personalization pack was a gamestop exclusive in the US, I don't think amazon or Best Buy got anything. The limited/CE/season pass/etc got extra stuff.
Well DANG, I was going to redeem it.......

I dunno, most decent people would notice right away and let them know they made a mistake.
Most decent people also buy consoles online when they are marked down to $50 by mistake. The person who made that mistake would also get fired. I've seen people here do much worse and get praised for it. If someone from a corporation like Gamestop wants to give me extra money I'm gonna take it.

Most decent people also buy consoles online when they are marked down to $50 by mistake. The person who made that mistake would also get fired. I've seen people here do much worse and get praised for it. If someone wants to give me extra money I'm gonna take it.
You were given money by mistake and instead of being a decent human being and give them back the money you knew wasnt rightful yours you took it like the piece of shit you are.

You were given money by mistake and instead of being a decent human being and give them back the money you knew wasnt rightful yours you took it like the piece of shit you are.
All of a sudden people care so much about Gamestop. They aren't taking a big hit considering they're scamming people daily. I don't see how this can hurt your feelings so much. Were you once or are you that cashier?

All of a sudden people care so much about Gamestop. They aren't taking a big hit considering they're scamming people daily. I don't see how this can hurt your feelings so much. Were you once or are you that cashier?
Has nothing to do with Gamestop. You'd still be a piece of shit if you did that to a cashier at Best Buy or Target or which ever retailer you enjoy shopping at.

No one forces anyone to shop at Gamestop. No one is getting "scammed"

Has nothing to do with Gamestop. You'd still be a piece of shit if you did that to a cashier at Best Buy or Target or which ever retailer you enjoy shopping at.

No one forces anyone to shop at Gamestop. No one is getting "scammed"
Again how does this hurt you so much that you're cursing at me?

Whew, I was worried people were starting to calm down and behave.
I'm very calm, but I don't know about that other person lel.

Doesn't hurt me at all. I just calls em likes I sees em. You apparently feel good about it as you came out of lurking just to brag about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back