GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
Btw if anyone wants to take advantage of the $100 for 3ds trade in. Cowboom has them for $49.99 using the 4 window trick method. Easy money maker off GameStop.

last time i went to this gs. this kid wanted the fire emblem 3ds . his dad bought him a new one, the gs associate find the fire emblem case from 3ds area and put the cart inside the case and sealed it with clear package.
yeah, they put it in a complete new clear package to make it look new. Resealed and everything

I have no idea what the heck a 4 window trick method would even be lol.
With a "Deal of the Day" on Cowboom, click the "more info" button. Once the next screen loads (the one with the "add to cart" button) leave the page alone. Go take a piss, do some pushups, pound one out, etc...

Come back 5+ minutes later, click "add to cart" and it will say something like "sorry you missed this deal take a look at these 4" and you'll see a screen with 4 other deal of the day offers instead of 1.

With a "Deal of the Day" on Cowboom, click the "more info" button. Once the next screen loads (the one with the "add to cart" button) leave the page alone. Go take a piss, do some pushups, pound one out, etc...

Come back 5+ minutes later, click "add to cart" and it will say something like "sorry you missed this deal take a look at these 4" and you'll see a screen with 4 other deal of the day offers instead of 1.
Do you mind explaining how to do that trick? I've looked at the other threads regarding this and I don't get.

Do you mind explaining how to do that trick? I've looked at the other threads regarding this and I don't get.
Many of us have explained it in the Cowboom thread, I don't claim credit for it but below is an example/how to.

For example: When the time hits 10:04 PM or 10:09 PM (or 10:14 pm, 10:19 pm, etc). You count to 15 right when it hits those times, and press add to cart. A window will pop up saying sorry but these other 4 items are available (something to that effect anyways). Some people have said you can count to 8 and press the add to cart but counting to 15 has always worked for me. Persistence gets you what you want easily and for good prices.

Just realized they took away the $50 off certificates but now there are certificates for new and pre owned items for in store. Not sure if it was like that before but at least not they tell you can stack coupons of different denominations and get a $25 off preowned for 5000 points less than the other $25 coupon. Just sucks no more $50 :(

Anyone had issues with ebay gift cards? I got four $25 cards to buy $100 cards for Best Buy, but am having no success. I'm getting error code 70245, which googling actually brings me to CAG, SD, and FW threads about promotions for gift cards from ebay.

I've called ebay and got no answer, and I just called PayPal and was told that transactions with gift cards are considered high risk, so their system is automatically flagging the transaction as a risky transaction. She told me she queried the system with what her options were to let the transaction go through, but there are no options. There's nothing she or I can do. The PayPal security system doesn't like the transaction, so I'm stuck.

Am I the only one who's had this problem?

Anyone had issues with ebay gift cards? I got four $25 cards to buy $100 cards for Best Buy, but am having no success. I'm getting error code 70245, which googling actually brings me to CAG, SD, and FW threads about promotions for gift cards from ebay. I've called ebay and got no answer, and I just called PayPal and was told that transactions with gift cards are considered high risk, so their system is automatically flagging the transaction as a risky transaction. She told me she queried the system with what her options were to let the transaction go through, but there are no options. There's nothing she or I can do. The PayPal security system doesn't like the transaction, so I'm stuck. Am I the only one who's had this problem?
How long after buying the eBay GCs did you try to use them? It can take several hours (3-4+) for them to become valid.

[quote name="Vigilante" post="13015318" timestamp="1447012411"]How long after buying the eBay GCs did you try to use them? It can take several hours (3-4+) for them to become valid.[/quote]
I got them yesterday morning. The codes work, but now I can't even get into the checkout to put them in. Tried GameStop cards too and had the same issue.

Edit: Only getting this error with gift cards. Hooray. Definitely not trying this ever again.

Got my issue resolved. Looks like if it's giving you trouble, you have to call them and they need to unflag the transaction. Kinda stupid.

Just realized they took away the $50 off certificates but now there are certificates for new and pre owned items for in store. Not sure if it was like that before but at least not they tell you can stack coupons of different denominations and get a $25 off preowned for 5000 points less than the other $25 coupon. Just sucks no more $50 :(
The $50s are still there.

once the xbox one came out with backward compatiability, 360 becomes irrelevant
Ehhh, there are still very few compatible games. Hopefully they come in large waves like the first 100, but I'm not filled with confidence looking at the initial list. I see them losing interest in it quickly like they did last gen with OG Xbox games.

$50 Extra Credit when you trade in your Xbox One or PS4.

(Pro Member Exclusive Offer)

Valid 11/16-11/30.

So this starts after the $250 credit offer ends.

I wouldn't expect to get $300 with trade ins. I don't think GameStop is that stupid. lol

More likely they will reduce the base to what it was before ($175) and if you're lucky $200.

Great job on breaking up the Monopoly bro!!!! I'm sure kids with seizures and people dying of cancer in the region are so proud of your vote.
This is late but... My wife works at one of the local hospitals here in Akron. They give cancer patients Dronabinol, which is basically THC. After Chemo etc.... Just because Marijuana isn't legal in the state doesn't mean there isn't THC medicines being used legally.

360 is still pretty relevant since the list atm isn't very impressive
Agreed, that leaked list was a nasty trolling. Basically everything of interest on that list was either Rare Replay or Gears Ultimate BC stuff. I was hoping for NFS: Most Wanted to be real, though it's pretty overpriced. Instead, we'll see if December brings a BC game worth playing.

I have a question if I put an n3dsxl on layaway and then trade in my old 3dsxl for the $100 credit and then a few days later cancel that layaway when they refund me will it give me back the $100 credit or will it go back to the original non promo value? 

I've decided I'm gonna trade in my launch 500 GB PS4 basically because I'd like a new controller, warranty and less wear and tear. I did it with my XB1 last week, and it's inspired me to do it with my PS4 as well. So here are my options:

500 GB Uncharted Bundle w/ Fallout 4 - $349.99

500 GB Uncharted Bundle - $299.99 on Black Friday 

500 GB Star Wars Battlefront Bundle - $399.99

1TB CoD Bundle - $429.99

I really wish the Star Wars Bundle was 1TB, that'd make my choice much easier. Anyone else debating doing this? If so, what'd you guys decide? 

I have a question if I put an n3dsxl on layaway and then trade in my old 3dsxl for the $100 credit and then a few days later cancel that layaway when they refund me will it give me back the $100 credit or will it go back to the original non promo value?
Can't speak for layaway because I've never done that, but they always refund you the promo value when you return something. I can't see this being any different. You should be able to keep your $100 credit in full.

I've decided I'm gonna trade in my launch 500 GB PS4 basically because I'd like a new controller, warranty and less wear and tear. I did it with my XB1 last week, and it's inspired me to do it with my PS4 as well. So here are my options:

500 GB Uncharted Bundle w/ Fallout 4 - $349.99

500 GB Uncharted Bundle - $299.99 on Black Friday

500 GB Star Wars Battlefront Bundle - $399.99

1TB CoD Bundle - $429.99

I really wish the Star Wars Bundle was 1TB, that'd make my choice much easier. Anyone else debating doing this? If so, what'd you guys decide?
Save your $50 and get this SWBF bundle instead http://www.gamestop.com/ps4/consoles/playstation-4-star-wars-battlefront-500gb-bundle/125507

$349 comes with a vanilla PS4 and BF bundle game set (comes with some older SW games as well)

Or just get their deal right now for the Uncharted bundle with Fallout 4 for $349 today. Sell both games if you don't want them and you will have more than enough money from the sales to get SWBF

You should buy a 2TB SSHD and stick that in your PS4, first.  So then it doesn't really matter which PS4 you buy.  In which case I'd say the $299 BF deal is pretty good if you wanna deal with people then, otherwise the $349 bundle with FO4 is excellent.

I swapped my launch PS4 for a new one earlier this year when gamestop was giving $320 for a ps4, easy no brainer.  I'm sorta tempted to do it again but its under 5 months old, kind of a waste.  I'd expect a new model PS4 next fall, may as well wait for then.  Swapping PS4 isn't as easy as xbox one, that lets you just plug in external usb and bam thats pretty much it.  On PS4 you have to backup any games you don't want to reinstall to a USB drive, then backup all your save games (one at a time, so awful) to USB drive.   Then restore it all on new system.  The new PS4 will erase your internal drive, always.

it was pretty easy to switch ps4s, i dont own any nonfree games digitally and cloud has the saves, just gotta download a few updates on the games i do play,

i guess if you are using the trick to digitally get games that arent on your primary account, then i can see the hassle

Does anyone know if GameStop will carry the non-Darth Vader PS4 bundle w/ SW Battlefront? If so, will it be $300 on BF? And this bundle will definitely be the new upgraded hardware right?

Looking to unload my PS4 for $250 through the Xbox One trade in deal , return and upgrade for $60 out of pocket.

Does anyone know if GameStop will carry the non-Darth Vader PS4 bundle w/ SW Battlefront? If so, will it be $300 on BF? And this bundle will definitely be the new upgraded hardware right?

Looking to unload my PS4 for $250 through the Xbox One trade in deal , return and upgrade for $60 out of pocket.

$50 Extra Credit when you trade in your Xbox One or PS4.

(Pro Member Exclusive Offer)

Valid 11/16-11/30.

So this starts after the $250 credit offer ends.

I wouldn't expect to get $300 with trade ins. I don't think GameStop is that stupid. lol

More likely they will reduce the base to what it was before ($175) and if you're lucky $200.
Man I was planning on trading both an XB1 and PS4 tomorrow. That sucks. I was in there tonight but hadn't unhooked my systems yet. Hope they don't tank them too bad.

I'm a dumbass. Move along...

I don't have anything listed under my active offers. Isn't there a coupon that's supposed to be there -- the two that come every month now.
pur_nov15.jpg

EDIT: FYI, these are all future offers. None of them are active right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back