GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
I've decided I'm gonna trade in my launch 500 GB PS4 basically because I'd like a new controller, warranty and less wear and tear. I did it with my XB1 last week, and it's inspired me to do it with my PS4 as well. So here are my options:

500 GB Uncharted Bundle w/ Fallout 4 - $349.99
500 GB Uncharted Bundle - $299.99 on Black Friday
500 GB Star Wars Battlefront Bundle - $399.99
1TB CoD Bundle - $429.99

I really wish the Star Wars Bundle was 1TB, that'd make my choice much easier. Anyone else debating doing this? If so, what'd you guys decide?
I'm on the same boat. But trading xb1 and day one os4. I'm Getting the Vader one and the uncharted one. Going to use Apple Pay and discover price protection to drop those prices even lower

Thanks for the opinions guys. I went with the Vader PS4. I'm a sucker for Star Wars, and I figured I'd splurge just this once, even though I realize it's the worst deal of the bunch. $250 for my launch PS4 was a pretty good value, and I double dipped by trading in a 120 GB PS3 for $100. I also traded in a beat up Dualshock 3 for $15.40, Mario Party 8 for $24.20, and the crappy wired PS4 headset they give you for $2.20 (all trade values are with PUR).

Walked out with a preorder for the Vader PS4 for a total of $0.83, since trade credit isn't taxed in NY. 

Looking forward to Tuesday! 

Was waiting on my xbox one to get returned from the service center from being fixed but got an email tonight saying it got lost in transit. Supposed to be sending me a refurbished unit. I was told it was fixed when I called asking about why my service order was cancelled. So confusing... defect fee w/ trade in at GS would of been less of a headache at this point.

Just a few info that might be useful to some members here:

-You're no longer banned from trading in stuff at GS if you got the traded limit exceed notice in the summer. It was only a 90 Days ban.

-If you purchase the Xbox One last week with the free game and controller promo, you can go in and swap the free game for something else as long as it is still sealed. YMMV if you can get a game from a different console besides the Xbox One.

I've decided I'm gonna trade in my launch 500 GB PS4 basically because I'd like a new controller, warranty and less wear and tear. I did it with my XB1 last week, and it's inspired me to do it with my PS4 as well. So here are my options:

500 GB Uncharted Bundle w/ Fallout 4 - $349.99

500 GB Uncharted Bundle - $299.99 on Black Friday

500 GB Star Wars Battlefront Bundle - $399.99

1TB CoD Bundle - $429.99

I really wish the Star Wars Bundle was 1TB, that'd make my choice much easier. Anyone else debating doing this? If so, what'd you guys decide?
i am thinking of going to best buy to get the 1 tb CoD bundle w free Fallout 4 then going to gamestop next week to swap in my 500 gb white ps4.... should work out i suppose, just hoping i get at least $250 back for the old ps4.

-You're no longer banned from trading in stuff at GS if you got the traded limit exceed notice in the summer. It was only a 90 Days ban.

-If you purchase the Xbox One last week with the free game and controller promo, you can go in and swap the free game for something else as long as it is still sealed. YMMV if you can get a game from a different console besides the Xbox One.
I'm actually going to try and see if they'll let me exchange the free controller and pay the difference for the lunar white controller.

I was briefly looking at the upcoming promos, and it mentioned a 50% boost for game and accessory trades. I haven't been able to look at the details yet, but I'll follow up later on my break or when I get home.

Well it's time to get banned again.
Your only banned per card. As long as you do trade credit and not cash a fresh card means a fresh you. It's well worth investing in multiple cards at $15 each. Think I once had like 8 accounts when those Ipad flips were happening.;-)

Your only banned per card. As long as you do trade credit and not cash a fresh card means a fresh you. It's well worth investing in multiple cards at $15 each. Think I once had like 8 accounts when those Ipad flips were happening.;-)
This is completely incorrect if your area takes License. You're banned by license, not PUR.

Well yes, but a lot of places don't take the license. Get to a better state!
My area depends on the city. If I stay in my city then I don't need one but every single other city around me requires one. There's a super sketchy city 30 miles away that does photo/fingerprint and that shit tripped me out when they did it. I refused and probably looked guilty as fuck but I'm not doing all that to fucking trade in a game.

Thanks for sharing about the bans being lifted! Wonder what happens on the second ban now with the first having been so long. 180 days or account KO'd? The first ban only used ot be 30 or 60 days right, so they have changed it up. Or maybe a velocity limit ban ($2000 in less than a week or something along those lines) is 90 days and a title limit ban is still only 30/60 days. I just remember last year accidentally doing 5 of a title and that time it was no more than a 60 day ban.

[quote name="Deader2818" post="13026275" timestamp="1447383303"]50% bonus 11/22 to 11/24 on games and accessories[/quote]
73c2e7b271f3d392bb722afb1971b7f0.jpg

50% bonus 11/22 to 11/24 on games and accessories
Did they announce that? I was actually looking for something about this earlier and couldn't find anything.

Anybody know how likely is it they change their current values before then? Debating if it'd be worth it to trade some games in now (Mario Kart 7, Wii Sports, Twilight Princess).

This is completely incorrect if your area takes License. You're banned by license, not PUR.
Hmm idk about this because I opened up a second account with the same license and it worked just fine while the other was banned. But maybe they didn't need a license number maybe they just need my ID for age and stuff?

Hmm idk about this because I opened up a second account with the same license and it worked just fine while the other was banned. But maybe they didn't need a license number maybe they just need my ID for age and stuff?
They only really use the ID because of local pawn laws. I dont know if they actually use it to ban,

I traded in a PS3 towards a preorder of the Battlefront Vader PS4, and they asked me to pay off the entire PS4 to get the deal. It wasn't a big problem, but is that standard? I had planned to trade a few games in when I picked it up to help pay it off. It seemed like a split second decision the guy made to require full payment, but I didn't want to stand there any longer so I paid and left.

I still have another PS3 to unload but I don't want to do a full buy and return on a second console so ill just hold onto it a little longer and hope it goes above $60ish soon.

I traded in a PS3 towards a preorder of the Battlefront Vader PS4, and they asked me to pay off the entire PS4 to get the deal. It wasn't a big problem, but is that standard? I had planned to trade a few games in when I picked it up to help pay it off. It seemed like a split second decision the guy made to require full payment, but I didn't want to stand there any longer so I paid and left.

I still have another PS3 to unload but I don't want to do a full buy and return on a second console so ill just hold onto it a little longer and hope it goes above $60ish soon.
Your lucky that they gave you the $100. It's not suppose to work on pre-orders.

So following up with what Deader posted, from 11/22-11/23, it should be an auto-promo. No coupon required. For the test locations that are taking in retro products, the 50% promo also applies to them.

On 11/24, the promo will require some sort of "bounce back" coupon, kind of similar to the Summer Sale 50% coupons.

So following up with what Deader posted, from 11/22-11/23, it should be an auto-promo. No coupon required. For the test locations that are taking in retro products, the 50% promo also applies to them.

On 11/24, the promo will require some sort of "bounce back" coupon, kind of similar to the Summer Sale 50% coupons.
Ok thats what bounce back meant, no idea what that was.

I'm not so sure about that. It worked fine when I traded mine in toward the Vader PS4 as well. The guy also didn't make me pay for it in full, but I chose to.
Yea, it went through automatically so it works fine with preorders, but I figured full payment wasn't required. Thanks for confirming.

I have so many extra games from all these CEs lately, I wanted to unload 2 Fallout 4 discs and 2 Black ops 3 discs before the 17th, so I'll have to find something else to spend that credit on. I don't mind but I really don't shop at GS much.

Maybe we'll get the double promo again Sunday?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back