GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
Finally find a ebay gift card in ca. Trade in xbox 1 controller and random garbage usb xbox 1 controller got 67 total. $24 on the random one lol.

[quote name="Zhoutai7218" post="13046482" timestamp="1448238520"]Heat it up a little and it come off pretty easy[/quote]

Then use some goo gone to remove any sticker residue! Voila!

Just got an update on my eBay gift card issue. I was told it's site wide and a lot of their members are having problems checking out. Apparently it won't be fixed until Tuesday. That still doesn't make sense to me.

Traded in aa dualshock 4 with messed up analog but covered it with thumb sticks got 44 for it. Bought ebay GCs but the employee didn't seem happy about that. Does it affect their job in any way?

I'm waiting about 3 hours to pass by so I can buy some bestbuy gc with ebay gc. This is going to be only my 2nd time buying some and I hope it lets me buy another $100 bb gc

Just got an update on my eBay gift card issue. I was told it's site wide and a lot of their members are having problems checking out. Apparently it won't be fixed until Tuesday. That still doesn't make sense to me.
Well I'm glad I had no problem getting my $400 worth of BBY cards then. Sorry to hear some of you guys are having such issues.

So no one's having any luck at all?

That sucks. Sounds like bs because my gift card worked on the purchase of $200 in BB e-gift cards, but I guess different users can experience different problems

Ouch, I think I am ban from trading at Gamestop for life. I originally got banned in the summer during the 50% promo and I stupidly contacted them to see how long I would have to wait until I can trade in again, was told I have to wait 90 days for the investigation to determine if and when. Well 90 days passed and no response so I went to trade in my 360 for the Xbox One promo a few weeks ago, traded it in fine so I thought my temp trade ban was over until I got this message this morning:

We sincerely apologize for the delayed response to your e-mail. We have contacted the department in charge and provided then with your account information. They have reviewed your transactions and identified a violation of our terms and conditions on your PowerUp Rewards account. GameStop reserves the right to cease taking trades, we'll no longer accept trades from you.
Horrible. Typical of Gamestop and its outstanding customer service and general ethical practices. *sigh* As long as an employee themselves don't know that you are banned, you can still do a trade. Just sign up for a new Gamestop Rewards card.

Well I'm glad I had no problem getting my $400 worth of BBY cards then. Sorry to hear some of you guys are having such issues.
That sucks. Sounds like bs because my gift card worked on the purchase of $200 in BB e-gift cards, but I guess different users can experience different problems
I just checked out with a $100 BB eGC
Glad you guys are getting yours. Hopefully it gets fixed sooner than later. I guess I'll just pay OOP for now and hope it's fixed before this week ends to do a return and rebuy for the B2G1.

Is it risky at all to trade in a copy of Blops 3 and Fallout 4 at one GS, then drive across town and trade the same games in at another? They are all from CEs and I want to unload them quickly but I feel like it looks sketchy.

Ugg, dont know if its been over 30 days since my last trade, worried about the 4 limit, cant remember how to check what you traded in/history of trades at gamestop, can someone please tell me.
You just search the mobile website and look under your points history.

Noticed Gamestop is offering layaway. Also they expanded their gift card mall. Picked up a bunch of Chipotle gift cards to cash out my trades.

#e.coliinmysalad

Just caught up with the thread - blue that's crazy and unfortunate what happened to you.  based on what I recall on what got you banned, you should have been hit with a temp ban like others were.  The most obvious guess is that since you brought your case to the attention of a specific employee, they went ahead and told you that LP is going to hard ban you.  So the takeaway is to never even bring up your bans.  We're better off doing a test trade than to inquire about them.

Looks like that policy is slowly creeping in. As I mentioned earlier this week my gamestop manager said certain gift cards weren't allowed to be bought /(at a Western PA location). While just yesterday at another GS 5 miles away in a different district nothing came up. So it's spotty depending on how fast their DM get's his info from corporate, but probably coming.
Was this one of the Pittsburgh stores? If it was, which one should I avoid if I"m looking to get GC's?

My X1 stereo headset adapter got denied because I didn't have a cable that came with it. Anyone know what cable they're talking about?

Micro USB to USB?

My X1 stereo headset adapter got denied because I didn't have a cable that came with it. Anyone know what cable they're talking about?

Micro USB to USB?
this
s-l225.jpg

2.5mm female to 3.5mm male connection

I was able to purchase a BB gift card with a ebay GC a couple of hours ago with no problem.

Hmmmm I think I'll trade splatoon and rebuy it on Black Friday from Best Buy

I'll probably trade my wii motes, sensor bars and Xbox 360 power adapters too

I made some good flips today. One of my Best Buys actually had a ton of first party 3DS games for the first time in recent memory. Picked up -

Super Smash Bros - 18

Pokemon Ruby - 18

Pokemon Sapphire - 18

Mario Party Island Tour - 12

New SMB2 - 12

NES Remix - 12

DKC Returns 3d - 12

Pokemon X - 12

Pokemon Y - 12

Pokemon Art Academy - 12

Mario Kart 7 - 12

Super Mario 3D Land - 12

Zelda: OOT - 32 (Not preowned - bought this one new since I was heading to Gamestop anyways)

Total - $194

All prices are after GCU and B2G1

Traded in for - 

Zelda: OOT - 40

Pokemon Ruby - 32

Pokemon Sapphire - 32

Super Smash Bros 3DS - 32

New SMB2 - 24

Mario Party Island - 24

Pokemon X - 19.20

Pokemon Y - 19.20

Pokemon Art Academy - 16

Super Mario 3D Land - 16

DKC Returns 3D - 16

Mario Kart 7 - 16

NES Remix - 16

Total - 302.40 (After 50% trade in and PUR)

Yes, some flips were better than others, but together, they add up. I used my profit to finally get a PS3 (the 160 GB Slim that's on sale for $100) and was able to cash out the rest on Gas Cards.

I made some good flips today. One of my Best Buys actually had a ton of first party 3DS games for the first time in recent memory. Picked up -
That's amazing you found all those games in stock. My Best Buy has like literally zero good used 3ds games.

Ok, forgive me.  I haven't logged into my PUR account in a while.  I was just checking the possible rewards.  Did they get rid of all the coupons (X pts for $50 off a new game, X pts for $20 off a used game, etc.)????   Like wtf.  Now I have all these points and nothing to spend them on.

Tough decision here...trade in the new releases for $40 at GS or $38.50 at BB and move closer to Elite Plus...only like $250 away from it this year.
My trades not my gc purchases are counted towards elite plus membership. If that's true I would have been elite plus months ago.

Sometimes I try to buy things without using my account and trying to submit them manually. That usually is counted towards membership. Right now the site is glitchy for me so I can't see how much I have towards elite plus. Anyone else?

Ok, forgive me. I haven't logged into my PUR account in a while. I was just checking the possible rewards. Did they get rid of all the coupons (X pts for $50 off a new game, X pts for $20 off a used game, etc.)???? Like wtf. Now I have all these points and nothing to spend them on.
No they are still there, they are just calling them "reward certificates" now. If you log into you PUR account and click on rewards catalog, it should be the first thing to pop up. If not click on the reward certificates link in the category section.

No they are still there, they are just calling them "reward certificates" now. If you log into you PUR account and click on rewards catalog, it should be the first thing to pop up. If not click on the reward certificates link in the category section.
Thank you!!! I was gonna have a heart attack if I was forced to spend my points on useless paraphernalia. I wonder why the certs didn't show up when I told it to filter by All Categories. Thanks again!

That's amazing you found all those games in stock. My Best Buy has like literally zero good used 3ds games.
This particular store must have just received a shipment from their warehouse, because I have rarely seen ANY of those games within a 250 mile radius of my home. I think I just happened upon the rare gold mine at exactly the right time. I picked up a few more games that I didn't flip - Captain Toad, Kirby Wii U and Majora's Mask.

If you guys want a laugh, go on GameStop's Facebook page and look at all the comments on the 50% bonus post. Pure comedy. Such ignorance. It's amazing.

So much misinformation in one place. People are telling each other they'll get $45 for the guaranteed $30 games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back