GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
Get $10 extra trade credit

When you trade-in 2 :xb1: xbox one games by december 25, 2015.

Trades must be in full working condition. See store associate for details. Valid 12/20/15 - 12/25/15

Get an extra $10

When you trade 2 pre-owned :xb1: xbox one or :ps4: ps4 games towards select titles.

Valid 12/20 - 12/25.

http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Get $10 extra trade credit

When you trade-in 2 :xb1: xbox one games by december 25, 2015.

Trades must be in full working condition. See store associate for details. Valid 12/20/15 - 12/25/15

Get an extra $10

When you trade 2 pre-owned :xb1: xbox one or :ps4: ps4 games towards select titles.

Valid 12/20 - 12/25.

http://www.gamestop.com/trade
The associate says that he has never heard of the first offer.

Well a warning to people buying controllers the wired Gamestop PS3 controller works on PC but has lots of problems like the analog sticks not working properly. Found a $81.42 mini gift card on the ground in store so the trip wasn't a complete waste.

I imagine the GC was kept and not returned? Class act.
I don't trust Gamestop employees not to use it themselves plus it was a mini card and I think that is tied to the persons account so they should be able to use it. If not I'm using it in 12 months which should be a fair amount of time.

Well a warning to people buying controllers the wired Gamestop PS3 controller works on PC but has lots of problems like the analog sticks not working properly. Found a $81.42 mini gift card on the ground in store so the trip wasn't a complete waste.
I imagine the GC was kept and not returned? Class act.

I don't trust Gamestop employees not to use it themselves plus it was a mini card and I think that is tied to the persons account so they should be able to use it. If not I'm using it in 12 months which should be a fair amount of time.
naw son, they got 12 hours

But the people on the picture seem so happyyyyy
They were clearly on drugs.

In reality, it's more like

giphy.gif

So I must be missing something.  Just Cause 3 TIV is listed at $25 but it says $30 guaranteed within the first 30 days of release.  I am assuming this will be a bonus $5 + $2.50 pur? 

so is it confirmed we cant use gift cards to buy ebay or amazon gift cards anymore..? ... that really sucks...
i bought two ebay gc two days ago in two different location. i don't have problem with both of the store. but one of the store, the manager tell something to the cashier about gc(no more gc to gc idk?).

[quote name="Mustainium" post="13114383" timestamp="1450749205"]So Halo 5 isn't showing up when I try to look up it's TIV.

What's up with that?[/quote]

Try the mobile app? Comes up as 24.20 for pro credit TIV.

So Halo 5 isn't showing up when I try to look up it's TIV.

What's up with that?
When GameStop has games on sale, they take off the trade in values for those games on the desktop version of the website (not sure if looking at the website on a smartphone/tablet makes a difference). As jimbo8574 mentioned, try the mobile app.

so is it confirmed we cant use gift cards to buy ebay or amazon gift cards anymore..? ... that really sucks...
Yup. They no longer allow people to use trade cards to purchase any gift cards. But of course some employees don't care and allow it. I purchased a $10 used game and $100 gift card , swiped my trade card with no problem.

Yup. They no longer allow people to use trade cards to purchase any gift cards. But of course some employees don't care and allow it. I purchased a $10 used game and $100 gift card , swiped my trade card with no problem.
Is this policy something that later could be hard coded into the GS registers, or is this something that has to be and/or continue to be manually policied by the employees of each district?

ironmenpb, on 23 Dec 2015 - 12:21 AM, said:
It's only confirmed in some areas. We have multiple actual GS employees here on CAG who have verified that no such policies exist at their stores. It's a regional YMMV situation so far (on the policy existing at all, not just on the enforcement of it). Just an FYI...

I got a whole lot of nothing...

Is this policy something that later could be hard coded into the GS registers, or is this something that has to be and/or continue to be manually policied by the employees of each district?
Of course it could be but we'll see if that happens down the road.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back