GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
I went to GS today and there was a police officer just sitting there -- what gives? It's not the holiday rush anymore? Bad area, perhaps?
I noticed the last couple of times my store has had a Rent a Cop stationed by the door. I am guessing it has to do with the area's. But i know also my store has a bad turn over rate for employees stealing from GS. Its pretty bad when a couple of the people that i got to know pretty well got arrested for stealing from GS.

Just got this offer in my GameStop app. Not a bad way to get rid of the cheaper next-gen games in your catalog. Game must trade in at least $2 to qualify.

I got it too! I have a few I could part with or was thinking of trading anyway. Thanks op!

Just saw this as well. Thinking of trading Mortal Kombat X, Rare Replay, Gears of War, and Assassin's Creed Unity for $71. I'll think about it since I hardly shop at GameStop.

If I have multiple games that would qualify for the $30 guaranteed (with trade in towards a pre-order), does it require a pre-order for each game or one pre-order on the receipt and all will be bumped to $30?

If I have multiple games that would qualify for the $30 guaranteed (with trade in towards a pre-order), does it require a pre-order for each game or one pre-order on the receipt and all will be bumped to $30?
Unless it's changed since yesterday it doesn't require any order or preorder.
Don't ask, just throw em on the counter and see what they ring up as. Should be base, plus bump in difference to $30, plus PUR.
Don't like what you see, then don't sign for them.

Maybe you should change the title of the thread so we know there's something new instead of nuking a helpful new thread.

somebody is riding the cotton pony this week.

on topic:

Amazon currently has Need for Speed for ~$21.63(fluctuating).  Either order and hope the price holds or PM at Best Buy/Target/Walmart today.

TIV with bonus is $32.50

Weird. Gamestop just posted a 21,000 point "top pro promotion" to my account, but they didn't actually add those points to my account. It looks like it merely combined my PUR points from the week of new years and reposted the total from that week. I was under the impression all those "Top Pro" additions from before then were actually added. Now I'm not so sure.

If I get the 4 for $40 deal...is the b2g1free coupon stackable so 5 games for $40? And whats the highest $ the free game can be? Is it $10 or watever the 3rd highest regular $ is of the 4? The most expensive game I see so far on the 4 for $40 is ps3 orange box for $30something...but the one store that even has it has only 1 copy =(

If I get the 4 for $40 deal...is the b2g1free coupon stackable so 5 games for $40? And whats the highest $ the free game can be? Is it $10 or watever the 3rd highest regular $ is of the 4? The most expensive game I see so far on the 4 for $40 is ps3 orange box for $30something...but the one store that even has it has only 1 copy =(
I do not believe it is stackable. I tried using a $5 off preowned coupon during the 4 for $40 purchase and it did not take.

Best coupon Gamestop has given in a while for me personally, ended up doing 8 games. 3 of the ones I traded were on sale for PS+ (Saints Row, Metro Redux, Dragon Age), so I just swapped to digital and still came out ahead on 2 of them.

Also grabbed 2 copies of Need for Speed and a copy of Duck Dynasty (Which the Best Buy employee gave me a bit of sarcasm over buying)

On a side note, is the GCU limit for buying a specific game 3 copies? Or is the 3rd copy the one you get flagged on? Was deciding whether to do 1 more NFS toward a pre-order.

Best coupon Gamestop has given in a while for me personally, ended up doing 8 games. 3 of the ones I traded were on sale for PS+ (Saints Row, Metro Redux, Dragon Age), so I just swapped to digital and still came out ahead on 2 of them.

Also grabbed 2 copies of Need for Speed and a copy of Duck Dynasty (Which the Best Buy employee gave me a bit of sarcasm over buying)

On a side note, is the GCU limit for buying a specific game 3 copies? Or is the 3rd copy the one you get flagged on? Was deciding whether to do 1 more NFS toward a pre-order.
You can buy 3 copies per title per platform. If you were to buy more, the discount still works, but you run that risk.

So yes, you could buy a third.

I tried to use the PUR Pro $20 bonus coupon (with the generic "next-gen" wording) today and got shot down because they don't consider Wii U games next-gen, just PS4 and X1. Maybe if I'd pasted an NX label over the Wii U logos...

I do not believe it is stackable. I tried using a $5 off preowned coupon during the 4 for $40 purchase and it did not take.
i hope someone tries it before i start searching for games lolol...

hmmm did the register refuse the coupon? or was it applied but calculated incorrectly? ie: game is regularly $19.99 - $5 preowned coupon - $4.99 for the 4 for $40 deal whereas without ur coupon, it would've been $19.99 - $9.99 for the 4 for $40 deal on the receipt. the register may have just eaten ur coupon but didn't apply it correctly.

The register refused it.
oh ok then, coz I had a similar issue once where the register ate the coupon but didn't calculate the coupon correctly & I couldn't use the coupon again because it was already redeemed.

Just noticed that Hyrule Warriors is guaranteed $30 trade in value if u apply it on a preorder or new game... but if you don't apply it on a preorder or new game, then it's $33 with pur... o_O silly GS

Dude just tried to charge me refurb fee for a couple of games without cases. Didn't even tell me that I'd have to bring in the case and artwork until I asked why there's a refurb fee. "Your total will be...." my ass. Took my games and went out. Will be trading them in tomorrow at another gs

Also I've bought $175 worth of bb gc from ebay so far. Anyone know if I'm nearing the limit?

Dude just tried to charge me refurb fee for a couple of games without cases. Didn't even tell me that I'd have to bring in the case and artwork until I asked why there's a refurb fee. "Your total will be...." my ass. Took my games and went out. Will be trading them in tomorrow at another gs

Also I've bought $175 worth of bb gc from ebay so far. Anyone know if I'm nearing the limit?
Limit is 500 for unverified 5000 for verified accounts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back