GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
Just came back from GameStop and holy crap they are dense.

I traded in 4 PS4 games and no 20 dollar bonus came up- not a big deal I politely informed the cashier that I should be getting 20 more. She looks at me like I'm crazy and asks where I saw that promo and what do I do, point to the sign right in front of my nuts that says in big bold letters the promo and an expiration date of 1/31

She asks 2 more coworkers and neither have any idea this exists, they then suggest they take down the sign because clearly this promo is no longer active.

Then I say ok maybe you just need to scan the coupon on my app and she goes "No I don't want you to waste your coupon if it doesn't work."

What is wrong with these employees? As a casual CAG user I know more of what's going on in their store than they do. And the giant sign is in front of the cash register

I know there's ISIS and world hunger and it doesn't matter, but Jesus Christ GameStop you are abysmal...

I traded in 4 PS4 games and no 20 dollar bonus came up- not a big deal I politely informed the cashier that I should be getting 20 more. She looks at me like I'm crazy and asks where I saw that promo and what do I do, point to the sign right in front of my nuts that says in big bold letters the promo and an expiration date of 1/31

She asks 2 more coworkers and neither have any idea this exists, they then suggest they take down the sign because clearly this promo is no longer active.

Then I say ok maybe you just need to scan the coupon on my app and she goes "No I don't want you to waste your coupon if it doesn't work."

What is wrong with these employees? As a casual CAG user I know more of what's going on in their store than they do. And the giant sign is in front of the cash register

I know there's ISIS and world hunger and it doesn't matter, but Jesus Christ GameStop you are abysmal...
...And you didn't just insist she scan the coupon?

I often explain GS promotions and item/coupon/PUR scan sequences to employees, they are very cooperative so no big deal. I never worked retail before but I imagine they don't really get a debrief session every morning, they are usually just kids trying to get by with a minimal paying job, so I have literally zero expectations.

I often explain GS promotions and item/coupon/PUR scan sequences to employees, they are very cooperative so no big deal. I never worked retail before but I imagine they don't really get a debrief session every morning, they are usually just kids trying to get by with a minimal paying job, so I have literally zero expectations.
Pretty much the GAs have no idea what's going on unless the SM or ASM tells the SGAs.

As far as getting the employee on board all you had to do was present the coupon. No idea why that wasn't done in the first place.

MNaybe u should have asked her to take a closer look at the sign. Anyway, has anyone notice some games are increased? For example, Saw Skycrawlers Wii for $2, but now its coming up as $5?

Has anyone gotten banned from PUR / Gamestop for buying too many gift cards with trade credit/gift cards? I'm just wondering as I bought about $400 in eBay gcs today using gamestop e-gcs I got from PayPal because of eBay bucks promo.

MNaybe u should have asked her to take a closer look at the sign. Anyway, has anyone notice some games are increased? For example, Saw Skycrawlers Wii for $2, but now its coming up as $5?
I noticed the sudden increase of some games and the odd pricing too. Stranglehold for PS3 went from $0.99 to $4.96.

Taking a moment to honor my 5th Power up Pro membership that was cancelled by GameStop. A real trooper. Managed to use 4 GS certificates before kicking the bucket.

For those who got banned,  are you red flagged from buying another PUR membership?  Don't they always link to your driver's license?  I always wondered.

Has anyone gotten banned from PUR / Gamestop for buying too many gift cards with trade credit/gift cards? I'm just wondering as I bought about $400 in eBay gcs today using gamestop e-gcs I got from PayPal because of eBay bucks promo.
Over the past 6 months, I've bought about $1800 in giftcards with credit and haven't been banned, so take that as you will.

For those who got banned, are you red flagged from buying another PUR membership? Don't they always link to your driver's license? I always wondered.
I'm not red flagged from buying another PUR. I'm guessing it is because your license isn't required when signing up for PUR. I Just have to use another email address. Though it's highly likely you'll be banned again much quicker after being banned once. They must have my name flagged or something. I haven't been banned from trading though. I've only been banned from using certificates on ebay.

Forgive me if I missed it.  I searched the previous few pages, but didn't see any more info.  The thread title and the OP mentions "Games with guaranteed $40/$30" trade in values.  Is this still valid?  When I click the link to go to Gamestop, I only see the games with the guaranteed $30 TIV.  Where are the $40 ones?

Duck dynasty :xb1:
And Arkham Knight, both at best buy
Already doing Arkham Knight, unfortunately, but I'll pick up Duck Dynasty while I'm there as well.

Actually, I'm gonna try Arkham for both XB1 and PS4, Duck Dynasty, and my other game. I've had success trading in two of the same title for different platforms, so it should be alright. PS4 version trades in for less, but still a flip, especially if the $20 stacks with the 50%. Thank you!

I'm sure it's a dumb question, but with the trade 4 coupon, it includes Wii U, correct? All the talk seems to be focusing on just XB1 and PS4

In general I don't think they ever ban you for buying stuff. I've bought over $2k of ebay cards in the past 3 months no issues. What gets you banned is trading in stuff - either too many of same item in one month, too much $$ value over a short amount of time, or trading in items that get customers pissed off (bad power units, fake discs, etc) and they track down who did the dirty.

I tried to trade some games in yesterday but was denied. It seems I "exceeded" the trade limit. Does any one know how long the trading ban will last?

The girl at the store told me to try next week but I'm pretty sure she had no clue. She did hook me up with a couple 20% off coupons.

I tried to trade some games in yesterday but was denied. It seems I "exceeded" the trade limit. Does any one know how long the trading ban will last?

The girl at the store told me to try next week but I'm pretty sure she had no clue. She did hook me up with a couple 20% off coupons.
90 days from your last trade in my experience. 2nd offense may be a full year. Do you think it was from trading in 5 of the same thing in a month or trading in over $1000 worth?

In anticipation of the potential 50% coming up I looked up a few values and quite a few dropped in the last couple day. In my case, Halo 5 and the almighty 360 slim adapter is down to a meager $13.20. 😑

I don't see GoW III Remastered on the app or system, do they take it for trade? I know they remove them sometimes when the game is on sale but it doesn't seem to be the case

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back