GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
I just got $275 in cash. They had to get the money out of the safe.
kitten_hold_up_by_random19812.jpg

Is there a 4 for 40 promo going on too? When I traded in some games the ones on the 4 for 20 list said it on the bottom. When I traded in nhl 15 for ps3 with it, it said 4 for 40 on the bottom.

Do you know how? Is the limit just very low for cash trades?

God damn I feel like Noob city but another question, when asking for a cash trade did the employees already know about the promo? Or did they try to give you the lesser cash value and did you have to tell them that you can get the same amount of credit in cash?
Cash trade limit is separate from credit trade limit though.
The only reports we have so far are that people have mentioned the trade threshold being lower for cash. I just wouldn't go hog wild with the cash trade. Since this promo is good for 3 weeks, there will be more opportunities later anyway. So I'd flip some but think long term and not risk getting a trade ban. If you're in a district that doesn't require an ID for cash trade then that's different. The cash value will be automatic.

I haven't even traded in a long time and got blocked by the system wtf. Can I appeal or do I just have to wait it out? Can I just have my wife trade them in if I don't care about the pro boost? Already make a decent amount flipping a few.

If i had to guess with cash trades, if they were to look at flagging your account, the system may flag you if you were to sell to a copy of (Metal Gear for Example) to store A then go to Store B and do the same thing.  I am not sure on that but i could see that being suspicious in the system as most of the people who steal games and trade for cash tend to hit up multiple stores.  May be best to just trade in a copy a day or every few days.

I just feel like throwing that out there, as something to think about.

There is some nuances to this whole cash = credit deal.

1) Trade-in bonuses don't apply to cash trades, except 10% PUR PRO bump. 

2) In states where trade-in trade is applied pretax, you're losing out a little bit when you trade in for cash. For example, if you trade in for $30 credit, you can buy a $30 game without paying anything out of pocket. If you trade in for $30 cash, you have to add a couple bucks cause that $30 game would have tax assessed. Just something to keep in mind.

As for me, I value GS credit since I can buy eBay gift cards, Amazon gift cards, and gas gift cards with it. Therefore it's more valuable to me since you can turn it to gift cards from a large number of retailers. I'd probably still take the cash if there were no bonuses available at the time. But if there are any bonuses, even something as small as the 10% new game bonus going on now, I'd probably take the credit.

You don't understand, hitting the cash limit doesn't affect trading for credit.
Uh, you didn't understand my post. I never said cash is the same as credit. I'm saying if the limit for credit is $1.5K - $2K a month the cash limit is going to be lower than that. But nobody has stress tested that thus far.

Had an associate look up a 4 for 40 deal that showed up on my trade in. Looks like it's only for nhl 15 on xbox 360 and ps3. Which will be profits as well.

Does this cash promotion apply to console trade-in as well ?

Btw I was able to trade in two copies of Uncharted Collection from Redbox for $55 cash this morning. Thank you guys !

Last trade I did was during the 50% bonus and I only traded in $200 worth of things for store credit. I bought state of decay from redbox and borderlands from BB. *shrug*

I'll just have my wife do it and deal with missing out on 10% bonus. I feel like values will tank as this promo keeps going on.

Last trade I did was during the 50% bonus and I only traded in $200 worth of things for store credit. I bought state of decay from redbox and borderlands from BB. *shrug*

I'll just have my wife do it and deal with missing out on 10% bonus. I feel like values will tank as this promo keeps going on.
Honestly depending on your profit margin with the 10 percent pur boost. You could look into getting a pur pro account for your wife. The b2g1 coupon usually offsets most of the cost and that way you don't miss the extra 10 percent pro bonus.

So I'd be able to trade in my Xbox One for $200 cash or does it not stack?

Is this confirmed?

The fine print says

"Cash not available in all stores. Cash same as credit not valid with promotional credit values"

I'm not sure if the Xbox One falls under that category or not
Its not a promotional value. Its the base value in the system.

dav, what is the 4 for $40, buy 4 copies of NHL 15 for $40?? I also saw that on my trade yesterday

edit: tried ringing up NHL 15 :pS3: four times and there was no promo, just reg price

Do trade bans affect credit/points you've already received? I have been getting the credit applied to trade cards, not my PUR card. I'll have to tally the receipts, but am pretty sure I'm encroaching on $1,500.

dav, what is the 4 for $40, buy 4 copies of NHL 15 for $40?? I also saw that on my trade yesterday

edit: tried ringing up NHL 15 :pS3: four times and there was no promo, just reg price
That's what it said on my receipt and when the guy looked it up. I guess the promo doesn't work if you get multiples. So then you can't get any. Haha

Do trade bans affect credit/points you've already received? I have been getting the credit applied to trade cards, not my PUR card. I'll have to tally the receipts, but am pretty sure I'm encroaching on $1,500.
You are doing it right putting your credit on trade cards. That credit is safe, unlike PUR card. However, it sounds like you are close to hitting the trade limit, not getting banned. That's different. Hitting the trade limit just means you can't trade in for 90 days. I hit the limit when I exceeded $2 in trades in a week or two during the summer. My account was otherwise in good standing I just had to wait it out.

With a ban your account may not be in good standing-very different.

You are doing it right putting your credit on trade cards. That credit is safe, unlike PUR card. However, it sounds like you are close to hitting the trade limit, not getting banned. That's different. Hitting the trade limit just means you can't trade in for 90 days. I hit the limit when I exceeded $2 in trades in a week or two during the summer. My account was otherwise in good standing I just had to wait it out.

Thanks for the info. Do you know whether a ban applies to your ID or just the PUR membership? I wouldn't have a problem paying for a new membership, but obviously it would be pointless if they ban your ID.

Holy shit, someone else who understands!

So I guess that you have to do separate transactions when getting the TIV in cash and buying a game.

I was trading in a couple of games and buying FC Primal with my 20% off and $15 off coupons, the cashier told me that I could get $26 in credit or $1.XX in cash...pshh made that fool do it separately real quick

Sweet, traded in 

the crew $22

halo collection $27.50

driveclub $22

walking dead season 2 Xbox one $13.75

and stopped by bestbuy across the street and picked up borderlands for $20 and traded in for $27.50

got it all in cash which is sweet since all those games were just sitting on my shelf since I've already played the heck out of them.  I think I was very close to breaking even or profited with how much I paid for them.

One of the managers i spoke with at a store tonight said that corporate was doing the cash deal to help bring in more Next Gen games and systems.  I guess the warehouse is running low on them.  I could see them doing that as it would bring in more people because they would prefer cash over credit.

I also noticed the 360 and PS3 selections are even getting smaller in stores. I would be surprised if they exist by the end of the year.

The values (for most games) are already pretty legit with that stealth bump. Now, add on that they're giving cash for the same amount as credit and you can't beat it.

But still, the general public will continue to bash GameStop.

I'm so sad right now, I emptied out my backlog last week and have like $80 in credit.

I got a ps4 that works fine but sometimes makes a crazyass crunch sound when a game is put in, I'm scared to try to sell it but do you know what the refurb fee would be? And if it doesn't make the sound, but does later, will they hunt me down for that fee?

The same general public who bashes flippers because they think flipping requires hours of work to make $5.
Same people that freak out when Amazon raised the free shipping amount to $49. All good though, I'll enjoy my extra $200-300 for a few hours work and they can enjoy their bitching.

The values (for most games) are already pretty legit with that stealth bump. Now, add on that they're giving cash for the same amount as credit and you can't beat it.

But still, the general public will continue to bash GameStop.
GS is terrible. That I can exploit them to my benefit doesn't change that.

One of the managers i spoke with at a store tonight said that corporate was doing the cash deal to help bring in more Next Gen games and systems. I guess the warehouse is running low on them. I could see them doing that as it would bring in more people because they would prefer cash over credit.

I also noticed the 360 and PS3 selections are even getting smaller in stores. I would be surprised if they exist by the end of the year.
PS3/360 will exist until PS5/Xbox whatever comes out.

This is pretty awesome that they are doing this for almost a month, I expect that values will tank very soon but hopefully some will hold. Got $235 cash for some ds systems, mk Wii, 4 copies of borderlands, and a few other small things. I got two more borderlands to trade tomorrow, hopefully the value stays the same. I hope there are some other nice trades throughout the promo.

This works at all gamestops? Wow I bet if I trade in a game without the case I'd get hit with a refurb fee. Anyone know any $25-30 boomerang? I just want to get rid of a $25 certificate

All my local Gamestops ran out of cash. Luckily I only had my last 2 copies of the handsome collection to churn through. Employees were all pretty much pissed about it, said it made everyone's day much harder.

FYI they took the date off the $200 console promotion so you may not want to wait too long on that if you were planning to take advantage of it.

Hope they're giving $200 cash for them tomorrow when I have an XB1 to trade, it does say $160 cash in the promo and you never know with their shenanigans.

Bombarded, on 29 Feb 2016 - 7:39 PM, said:
This works at all gamestops? Wow I bet if I trade in a game without the case I'd get hit with a refurb fee. Anyone know any $25-30 boomerang? I just want to get rid of a $25 certificate
Final Fantasy X-X2 PS4 New $20. PUR Cash TIV $22

Hope they're giving $200 cash for them tomorrow when I have an XB1 to trade, it does say $160 cash in the promo and you never know with their shenanigans.
My GameStop had a sign in the front of the store that said something along the lines of "Sell us your PS4 / Xbox One for $200 cash or credit" it was an official sign, so it hopefully lasts more than just today :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back