GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
Went over with a stack of 360 and PS3 games that have been gathering dust and a dozen disney infinity figures, walked out with The Division and $120 in credit.  I'm going to wait a day and return the Division to a different store

Based on various trade promotions the last 6 months, I will have $350 in Gamestop Credit once I return the Division.  I never spend a dime there because of GCU and Prime, and it just feels like throwing away money to buy a game at full price :(.  

Went over with a stack of 360 and PS3 games that have been gathering dust and a dozen disney infinity figures, walked out with The Division and $120 in credit. I'm going to wait a day and return the Division to a different store

Based on various trade promotions the last 6 months, I will have $350 in Gamestop Credit once I return the Division. I never spend a dime there because of GCU and Prime, and it just feels like throwing away money to buy a game at full price :(.
buy kindle cards and utilize your 20% prime discount for new releases...

Went over with a stack of 360 and PS3 games that have been gathering dust and a dozen disney infinity figures, walked out with The Division and $120 in credit. I'm going to wait a day and return the Division to a different store

Based on various trade promotions the last 6 months, I will have $350 in Gamestop Credit once I return the Division. I never spend a dime there because of GCU and Prime, and it just feels like throwing away money to buy a game at full price :(.
Or buy Ebay gift cards and buy BB gift cards on ebay.

Just heard about this, but if you like the employees at your store wait until after the 18th to return it. Deader mentioned some contest about selling copies of the division. Can't remember the specifics, but I came away with thinking I was going to wait until after the 18th before returning.

Just heard about this, but if you like the employees at your store wait until after the 18th to return it. Deader mentioned some contest about selling copies of the division. Can't remember the specifics, but I came away with thinking I was going to wait until after the 18th before returning.
Does this affect the employee if I return it to another store? I actually have an excuse to return the game- I don't have PS Plus right now because I am primarily a PC gamer, and the game clearly states on the box that Plus is required.

Does this affect the employee if I return it to another store? I actually have an excuse to return the game- I don't have PS Plus right now because I am primarily a PC gamer, and the game clearly states on the box that Plus is required.
If you return it (to any store) it will be one less game that they have sold toward their contest. You can return it where/when you want, but if you like the people at your GS the I just suggest returning it after the 18th. If that's not within the return period then return it sooner. Wont make a big difference.

Am I the only person that sold the division for $50 and just took the $10 loss? The 50% coupon was more than worth it to me.
That means finding a buyer, meeting with them, and etc. that's more of a hassle for me and I would be losing $10.

I wouldn't even be able to find one honestly. Everyone in Houston apparently loves to lowball and get upset when I don't want to sell a new game for $30.

If you return it (to any store) it will be one less game that they have sold toward their contest. You can return it where/when you want, but if you like the people at your GS the I just suggest returning it after the 18th. If that's not within the return period then return it sooner. Wont make a big difference.
Whoa, they have a contest?

I actually plan on keeping the division. Trading in 3 copies of resident evil games (3 different games) that I got for dirt cheap. I also plan on buying a X360 black ops 1&2 with a $10 pre owned coupon and splitting those up

anybody else waiting (and hoping) for a phantom bump on friday to use their division coupon with?
I was really thinking about waiting until Friday to trade for the chance of a stealth bump. I decided to just trade my games in today because there is a chance that trade in values might go down. One of the games I traded in went down a dollar from yesterday to today.

I was really thinking about waiting until Friday to trade for the chance of a stealth bump. I decided to just trade my games in today because there is a chance that trade in values might go down. One of the games I traded in went down a dollar from yesterday to today.
I think FC Primal tanked...I could have sworn yesterday It was a $40-43 trade with coupon. $20 base now.

Maybe someone knowledgeable can offer me some advice...I want to trade in my entire Wii U collection of games and accessories and older Wii games with the Division 50% boost. I have some decent trade value fetching games (Nintendo 1st party for example).

My question is: should I wait until Friday for a possible bump or go first thing tomorrow in case of a drop? Also am I definetly able to return the Division because I already own the disc haha sorry if this was a redundant post but I'm new to gamestop's trading as I've always just hoarded my games.

I'm having a conflict of interests! Dark souls 3 or the division, which should I get? If
they are different genre. do you like shooting game or killing monster monster?

i would lean toward ds3 since i think the division is just another co-op shooting not much replay value, but ds game generally has high replay value and i like ds 1 and 2

if your friends have division and they are still playing, you can go with division but they are probably high lv by now.

dark souls for solo and the division for multi

Maybe someone knowledgeable can offer me some advice...I want to trade in my entire Wii U collection of games and accessories and older Wii games with the Division 50% boost. I have some decent trade value fetching games (Nintendo 1st party for example).

My question is: should I wait until Friday for a possible bump or go first thing tomorrow in case of a drop? Also am I definetly able to return the Division because I already own the disc haha sorry if this was a redundant post but I'm new to gamestop's trading as I've always just hoarded my games.
I feel like 1st party Nintendo games are generally safe from tanking, and plus they are the games that are more likely to get a stealth bump if there is one this weekend.

Also, you will be able to return the disc, just don't do it right away at the store you bought it from. It's best to go to another store altogether. If you only have one GS in your area, I would wait a couple of days to return the game.

GameStop sure picked a poor time to respond to my request for a replacement card. Sent the request mid-February and honestly forgot about it until receiving a reply 40 days later. Should receive it in a speedy 3-4 weeks.

Can't view my active offers anymore, just redirects me to card activation. First world problems.

they are different genre. do you like shooting game or killing monster monster?

i would lean toward ds3 since i think the division is just another co-op shipping not much replay value, but ds game generally has high replay value and i like ds 1 and 2

if your friends have division and they are still playing, you can go with division but they are probably high lv by now.

dark souls for solo and the division for multi
Thanks! I did an exchange for dark souls. I decided I'll get the division as a downloadable down the road

If people are uneasy about returning the division after using a 50% coupon an option is to hold on to the game and do an exchange when uncharted 4 comes out

I'll even walk you through the conversation

U: I would like to exchange this game I bought a few weeks back for uncharted 4

GS: Did you pre-order uncharted 4?

U: No u motherlover

GS: Well we have one copy we can sell you, but next time you need to preorder.

GS: Is there anything wrong with this game "the division" your returning?

U: No, I bought it but just didn't have the time to play it

GS: Oh ok, here you go. Would you like to preorder anything? Be sure to tell GS how we did and you could win one $25 dollar gift card. 

If people are uneasy about returning the division after using a 50% coupon an option is to hold on to the game and do an exchange when uncharted 4 comes out

I'll even walk you through the conversation
U: I would like to exchange this game I bought a few weeks back for uncharted 4
GS: Did you pre-order uncharted 4?
U: No u motherlover
GS: Well we have one copy we can sell you, but next time you need to preorder.
GS: Is there anything wrong with this game "the division" your returning?
U: No, I bought it but just didn't have the time to play it
GS: Oh ok, here you go. Would you like to preorder anything? Be sure to tell GS how we did and you could win one $25 dollar gift card.
I died when I read motherlover :lol:

is it allowed to use multiple pur pro coupon/offer codes in one transaction? for example, $10 off coupon and b2g1free coupon.
will system nullify one or another? or maybe gs employee refuses to use multiple coupons?

is it allowed to use multiple pur pro coupon/offer codes in one transaction? for example, $10 off coupon and b2g1free coupon.
will system nullify one or another? or maybe gs employee refuses to use multiple coupons?
if you have 3 $50 games, the $10 off will make a game $40. The B2G1 makes the cheapest game free.

I believe the system will take the amount of money off of the free game in that instance, however you can do a $20 off coupon plus any other amount besides $20. Hope that helps.

It works but you need to be aware of the order it applies. If you use a B2G1 and a $10 off, it will apply the $10 off first. If the games are the same price, then the coupon goes to waste.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back