GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree. I went today and the employee tried to process me through using the iPad. This just meant that he had to then redo everything on the computer because iPads cannot process trade ins.
All they really should be doing is putting your number into the ipad to bring up your account and then scan the card off of that to pull up your account on the POS.

We are told to do this to see if customers have any coupons they can use.

All they really should be doing is putting your number into the ipad to bring up your account and then scan the card off of that to pull up your account on the POS.

When I tell the cashier I know how many points and what coupons I have and that I don't need them to look up my info and I don't want them to, they fucking shouldn't.

Asses will be burnt with this survey.

I'm guessing the POS doesn't display any coupons on your account? Seems like implementing that would be easier and cheaper than using iPads...

This guy actually went looking for the trade in value. Plus, I had my card with me which just made the process longer than it needed to be. I can understand the iPad being useful for someone working the floor, but not for a cashier who is just holding up the line.

When I tell the cashier I know how many points and what coupons I have and that I don't need them to look up my info and I don't want them to, they fucking shouldn't.

Howe ave? Middle aged lady? I used a b2g1 coupon on some DS/3ds games and she was like, "I'm going to see if you can get a coupon to reduce the price." I responded, "wouldn't that be negated by the b2g1?" She said, "Maybe but I'm going to check anyway...oh you have a lot of points."

fuck the ipads.

Howe ave? Middle aged lady? I used a b2g1 coupon on some DS/3ds games and she was like, "I'm going to see if you can get a coupon to reduce the price." I responded, "wouldn't that be negated by the b2g1?" She said, "Maybe but I'm going to check anyway...oh you have a lot of points."

fuck the ipads.
No, Mayfield Rd.

fuck the ipads.
seinfeld-marble-rye-o.gif

Honestly writing a bad survey on an employee for doing what they were told to do by corporate wont really do much. Thats like giving someone a bad survey because they asked you if you wanted to pre-order anything or get a GPG.

Honestly writing a bad survey on an employee for doing what they were told to do by corporate wont really do much. Thats like giving someone a bad survey because they asked you if you wanted to pre-order anything or get a GPG.
Corporate tells employees to ignore customers who ask them to not look up their account?

Corporate tells employees to ignore customers who ask them to not look up their account?
Pretty much. They want us to pull up every customer on the tablet to check to see if they have coupons they can use.

Honestly about 90% of the people that shop at gamestop have no idea they have coupons to use.

Pretty much. They want us to pull up every customer on the tablet to check to see if they have coupons they can use.

Honestly about 90% of the people that shop at gamestop have no idea they have coupons to use.
I had the GS App opened that has all ur coupons listed in it, the guy had just scanned a coupon off my phone & he still went thru the long process of checking my acct to see if I had any more coupons that would get me a better price on my transaction! Or was that an excuse to check and see what I have traded and brought from GS? I ended up being late to work because of his slow time going thru my acct to "find me more coupons" that I already knew about coz they were staring at me from the app and had no interest in using grrrr.

Well fuck corporate then. I'll continue doing negative surveys for them.

I had the GS App opened that has all ur coupons listed in it, the guy had just scanned a coupon off my phone & he still went thru the long process of checking my acct to see if I had any more coupons that would get me a better price on my transaction! Or was that an excuse to check and see what I have traded and brought from GS? I ended up being late to work because of his slow time going thru my acct to "find me more coupons" that I already knew about coz they were staring at me from the app and had no interest in using grrrr.
Honestly they can't see what you bought and trade through the tablet. I know CAG has this idea that all Gamestop Employees are out to get you banned but most don't really care at all.

Well fuck corporate then. I'll continue doing negative surveys for them.
That's fine but be warned if they notice its from the same person they will start to ignore and block you.

What's the trade in limit?  I traded in $498 worth of Disney Infinity figures and games  on Saturday and $219 with my Wii/WiiU trade in on Sunday.  I want to trade in my Skylanders collection, but I'm worry that I will get over the limit.

I wonder if the $25 guaranteed trade in for those games works with the 20% bonus.

Speaking of, the $25 games are back up.

They just want us to use the tablets because they invested way to much money in a bad idea. It sounds good on paper, but in high volume stores it's just a hindrance.

Weird, either the guy ringing up my trades fucked up or something happened to the values but I got all of the cash values in trade in credit just now.

Edit: Turns out the system was messing up. The guy fixed everything though. This is when I like GS

Weird thing happened today- in store TIV was lower than app- guy adjusted for me anyway which was nice

Got 26 each for uncharted and Xenoblade chronicles 3ds

Is everything trading for cash prices or just some stuff? Was planning on trading some amiibo with the 20% bonus but that sounds like a nightmare if the values are wrong.

Ugh, sucks that the prices are wrong, but I'll still try my luck later tonight.  I have the values written down so I'll double check them when I go.

Any one else have a problem with app values being more than instore values?

Edit:nvm lol

So I should probably give a good survey for the AM pushing through my values...

FWIW, I was told that the values being given in store are the "new correct values" and that the values on the app are yesterday's values that haven't been updated. He said they got an email saying to honor the values on the app as long as the customer pulls them up on the app. 

I got an email that I had a few games that were worth so and so and that trade values can be traded in for cash sans promos of course. I think whoever coded it fucked it and swapped all the trade values for cash values. 

The system wouldn't give me the 20% bonus towards Uncharted 4.  The employee said it doesn't work on pre-orders.  You have to wait until game is out.  True?  Store policy only?  He scanned in a few games along with the Uncharted pre-order $5 and no bonus.  

Seems retarded to me.  He says that's because you can cancel pre-orders.  I said well I can just return the game too so why does it matter?  

All the damn app says it gets 20% extra credit towards 1 of 4 games with Uncharted being one of them.  So I go to the store to do what the app says and ...nada.  Dumb.

I either go back next week when Uncharted comes out or go back tonight and put it all towards STar Fox, get my bonus on all the crap I have to trade in and then return Star Fox next week and get Uncharted instead.  

The system wouldn't give me the 20% bonus towards Uncharted 4. The employee said it doesn't work on pre-orders. You have to wait until game is out. True? Store policy only? He scanned in a few games along with the Uncharted pre-order $5 and no bonus.

Seems retarded to me. He says that's because you can cancel pre-orders. I said well I can just return the game too so why does it matter?

All the damn app says it gets 20% extra credit towards 1 of 4 games with Uncharted being one of them. So I go to the store to do what the app says and ...nada. Dumb.

I either go back next week when Uncharted comes out or go back tonight and put it all towards STar Fox, get my bonus on all the crap I have to trade in and then return Star Fox next week and get Uncharted instead.
I was able to get the 20% pre-order bonus 3 sperate times by putting $5 down on Doom each time.

The system wouldn't give me the 20% bonus towards Uncharted 4. The employee said it doesn't work on pre-orders. You have to wait until game is out. True? Store policy only? He scanned in a few games along with the Uncharted pre-order $5 and no bonus.

Seems retarded to me. He says that's because you can cancel pre-orders. I said well I can just return the game too so why does it matter?

All the damn app says it gets 20% extra credit towards 1 of 4 games with Uncharted being one of them. So I go to the store to do what the app says and ...nada. Dumb.

I was able to do it yesterday for Uncharted.

So is it every game that's giving the cash value as credit, or only some?  I don't have the app, but I am going on the values the GS site gives me today (which are "valid for today").

New to using sore credit for gift cards but do the xx value gift cards for eBay work? These are all I see in my stores.

Thanks

haha thats a cool program ..where can i get it too :D?
It's in development, I just got the time recently to get some Best Buy functionality working again after something changed on their end. GS side of it is almost all good except extracting accessory data is missing on about 70 some odd items.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back