GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm doing a dump on Disney infinity figures and misc accessories, if I did my calculations right then I should pull in a good $500. Gotta return my Battleborn too, that bonus GameStop figurine is super lame.
Those GameStop employees are gonna be so frustrated lol. It took them nearly a half-hour to process my Infinity trade ins. And I only had about 10 figures to trade at the time.

Store manager got his ass chewed by the DM. They should have already known there was a 50% bonus.
DM be like
5590d0f06a238.jpeg

Havent been in this thread in forever but I picked up a used Uncharted 4 today to see what Best Buy will list the TIV of it for. Haven't been in awhile either and I guess they have some ipad deal when you check out and it pulls up all your points and coupons and I caught the lady just in time she was just about to scan the 20% off used coupon. Im saving that for Overwatch. So if BBY doesnt do anything Ill just return Uncharted. This comes after seeing a used one at another store online so I sent the email to hold it, they emailed me back saying item waiting for me, I show up about 90 minutes later and the item had already been sold. I was beyond pissed since I had to drive to other side of the city.
Don't quote me on this, as it GS and you never know about the employees. IIRC they only hold copies of newly released games for 1 hour, 2 hours at the most. Either way that sucks that they sold the copy you had on hold.

Went to do this and I can personally confirm that the $50 Amazon doesn't work either but the $25 does

Also, I was talking with the store manager and she said that if someone tries to return doom with the 50% extra trade in, the account will be banned

Went to do this and I can personally confirm that the $50 Amazon doesn't work either but the $25 does

Also, I was talking with the store manager and she said that if someone tries to return doom with the 50% extra trade in, the account will be banned
instant ban wtf :eek:

I think that's bullshit but I did trade in's yesterday with intention on doing the 50% trade in. Thought Doom was already out, it wasn't so the girl only pre-ordered the game for me and I got 20% instead. Not that big of a deal though.

Even if I did though, that sounds like BS.

Those GameStop employees are gonna be so frustrated lol. It took them nearly a half-hour to process my Infinity trade ins. And I only had about 10 figures to trade at the time.
When I have traded Skylanders or Disney Infinity figures I have them loaded on my app so I can get out of there in a reasonable amount of time. Also it lets me know how much I should expect.

Gee I wonder if the manager might have some kind of interest in making sure pre-orders don't get returned or cancelled...

flipped a copy of until dawn from BB to GS, it was basically a way to use the reward zone certificate on a gamestop purchase instead of best buy, and traded a few for 50% on doom. I'm keeping it so no drama here. game looks good.

The threat is a joke, or else they would have been banning people for returning the division.

How did it even come up? Did you ask what would happen if you tried to return it? Lol.

Took almost an hour, but the employee was grateful that I had all the names on hand on the handy trade-value app. Too be fair it only took nearly an hour because I let the employee deal with the fast purchase transaction while doing my trade-ins.

P.S. Taco Bell $15 cards also don't ring up like the Amazon $50 GCs...bitch gotta eat.

Don't quote me on this, as it GS and you never know about the employees. IIRC they only hold copies of newly released games for 1 hour, 2 hours at the most. Either way that sucks that they sold the copy you had on hold.
Nope. It's til the end of business that day or the next day.

Yeah, that's only if the manager is a dick and calls corporate to have the person's account banned.

I guess I'll be moving that $5 deposit on doom towards another game then. They can't transfer it to a used game I want to buy can they?

Go to Gamestop to pick up my "in-store pickup" of Uncharted 4 used and trade in a few titles w/ that promotion. Employee "can't" find game and pick-up "wasn't" processed. Showed him the email confirmation. Continued to go around the issue saying he doesn't know what happened to it. Lo behold someone sold it to guess what another employee. Cancelled the trade on the spot and walked out. 

Dualshock 4 is trading in for $27.50 base, not $24.50 as the website shows. $44 after doom and membership bonus.
I traded in an XBOX ONE controller without the 3.5mm jack on Wednesday and got $24.50 base even though the website was and is still showing $20 base. Ended up actually getting $31.85 with the extra 20% for reserving Doom.

I guess I'll be moving that $5 deposit on doom towards another game then. They can't transfer it to a used game I want to buy can they?
you just have to cancel the preorder and that credit can be used on anything

Dualshock 4 is trading in for $27.50 base, not $24.50 as the website shows. $44 after doom and membership bonus.
thanks for the heads up, i was on the fence but this pushes me over.

Not bad. If only I could part with blue, red, grey blue, white, 20th anniversary, gold, COD BO3, or Batman DS4's :(
deals like this is why i always have a couple of those cheap $30 black dualshocks from amazon warehouse deals laying around. also, no star wars edition?

Not bad. If only I could part with blue, red, grey blue, white, 20th anniversary, gold, COD BO3, or Batman DS4's :(
No shit, just before i read your post, I was thinking "shoot, do I trade in the blue one or black one? Tough choice."

Lol I'm such a loser. Nice collection man!

I have two dualshocks that have worn off analog pads that I got from my wife's half brother. I was going to swap xbox one sticks into them but if I can get ~$40 for them after refurb that would be easier and awesome. Do they take the DS4s with the worn down analog nubs and charge a refurb fee or do they just not take them at all?

ive traded in worn analog pad ps4 controllers before and they didn't even blink an eye.  I'm pretty sure that's normal wear and tear.  Now if it was missing that's a different story

these two are really heavily worn where the plastic under is showing. Like this but actually a little worse.

DS4.jpg

Go to Gamestop to pick up my "in-store pickup" of Uncharted 4 used and trade in a few titles w/ that promotion. Employee "can't" find game and pick-up "wasn't" processed. Showed him the email confirmation. Continued to go around the issue saying he doesn't know what happened to it. Lo behold someone sold it to guess what another employee. Cancelled the trade on the spot and walked out.
How did you find out it was sold to another employee?

Without mentioning where I work at, this is a pretty big deal internally and is a significant integrity issue within that store...one that you should report via the (800) number and request a call from the District Manager.

If it is verifiable that it was sold to an employee AFTER you received your confirmation email stating the game was ready to be picked up (which will be easier for the district manager to verify just based on the internal transaction records of who bought the game and who sold it, as opposed to needing to rely on a 'he said / she said' argument,) then it is something I would believe he/she would want to know, and I also believe he/she would take action on.

I'm never one to advocate false reporting or raising a complaint out of spite, but this is a serious internal issue, and if nothing else, you are well within your rights to ask for a new copy of the game to be sold to you at the pre-owned price.

Without mentioning where I work at, this is a pretty big deal internally and is a significant integrity issue within that store...one that you should report via the (800) number and request a call from the District Manager.
If it is verifiable that it was sold to an employee AFTER you received your confirmation email stating the game was ready to be picked up (which will be easier for the district manager to verify just based on the internal transaction records of who bought the game and who sold it, as opposed to needing to rely on a 'he said / she said' argument,) then it is something I would believe he/she would want to know, and I also believe he/she would take action on.
I'm never one to advocate false reporting or raising a complaint out of spite, but this is a serious internal issue, and if nothing else, you are well within your rights to ask for a new copy of the game to be sold to you at the pre-owned price.
s-l300.jpg

I think the reason the banner on the trade page says 5/12-5/15 is because that is when the 20% for uncharted ends.

The Doom should (hopefully) still continue another week)

The girl who returned from work just as I was going back and forth with her coworker looked it up and all but confirmed that employee A sold it to B less than 30 minutes after my confirmation email was sent to me. 12:34 confirmation email sent. 1:02 copy sold by "John" to ummmmmm another customer in the store.

This isn't the first time that I have had problems with the store and their employees. Way back on anime day when they had the Naruto Nine Tails Funko the online registry said they had a copy of it. Go in store to snag it since all other stores were out. Copy no longer there. Go and check app. Copy still says its there. Go back and forth with customer service on how in a 5 minute span that it took me to get to the store since I live that close and from calling to confirm its availability it was sold. It was the AM and that Gamestop has no business in the morning. Once again go back between employee and myself only for employee to say that the copy is no longer here because he just right now bought while on break. Employee 1 asked him to find the figure amongst all Funko's to confirm to me and as soon as he was reminded of it he took it off the shelf to buy when he went on break. He was "just going on break" and was asked while passing through to look. Fact of the matter is he never bought it just hit in the back because up until 7:00 PM the registry still showed the store had one. Called up DM and had long conservation on integrity. I was supposed to be compensated with a Nine Tails figurine but sadly they never got any back in stock so a stark apology had to take its place.

That sucks but I can't imagine it's a prevalent issue at any retailer. I wanted an orange soda at a convenience store once and the employee had just bought the last one. I just bought something else. Personally, I think it's a much bigger deal when something's on sale and people buy 2 or 3 to flip leaving others in the lurch, but I'm still not all that bothered about it.

Seriously debating on if I want to unload my amiibo during this promo.   I did the math and it averages out to about 7.75 a piece.

I unloaded the few amiibos I had, except for like three I wanted just for the sake of having. 

The dude that was doing my trade-in sold my Princess Peach amiibo as he was doing my trade-in, so slick. 

Took an hour and called the 800 number as suggested. Let's see what the DM has to say tomorrow in the AM when he inevitably calls back apologizing. Until then I'm still gonna cap my Uncharted. Been waitiing forever to play

Some of the animal crossing amiibo are on sale for $8.97 New in-store at GS and trade-in for $9.60 each after promo/PUR. Not much of a boomerang but works if you wanna monetize points. Personally, I found quite a few of those on Amazon for roughly half that price though so makes sense to shop around.

This may sound dumb but when I'm trying to look up values and save them in my app I'm getting the error "unable to save estimate."

That doesn't mean my trade account is banned does it?

Quick question, not completely off topic but does your Gamestop still have battle.net gift cards? I could have sworn I saw them before. 

I was thinking of buying 2x $20 b.net giftcards, load them and buy Overwatch, non-origins. Other then the Overwatch Heroes skin, I really don't need any of the addiitonal digital "goodies". So I can get Overwatch on PC and not have to pay out of pocket. 

Quick question, not completely off topic but does your Gamestop still have battle.net gift cards? I could have sworn I saw them before.

I was thinking of buying 2x $20 b.net giftcards, load them and buy Overwatch, non-origins. Other then the Overwatch Heroes skin, I really don't need any of the addiitonal digital "goodies". So I can get Overwatch on PC and not have to pay out of pocket.
My store does. They aren't in the gift card section at my store but rather in the Activision PC section.

This may sound dumb but when I'm trying to look up values and save them in my app I'm getting the error "unable to save estimate."

That doesn't mean my trade account is banned does it?
I have same error on app & website for a few months now. It occurred right after I saved either my 99th or 100th item... I'm still able to trade in with no issues but can't access my trade list to delete stuff...it says I have nothing saved when I view it. I guess GS is not coded to let us have over 100 values saved. I haven't been able to find a way to fix it other than making a completely new account to save values. Completely redonkulous when in store values is lower than app values and u have to pull up each one or pull up ur secondary acct

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back