GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
Paypal Digital Cards is the seller. $1000 limit on a 30 day rolling limit. You get the GC usually within 10min-3hrs (longer if Paypal is having issues).
I think that hard limit Has been lifted as of last month. I've purchased more than 1000 worth of GCs in the last 30 days with no issues except for additional security checks on PayPal checkout. Some GCs were for rolling but the majority were purchased for work with cash, so not sure if the payment method also factors in.

Why is everybody worried about values dropping? They said the values are guaranteed through the 30th!

So do we know anything about limits regarding returns? I have 4 Doom/Uncharted 4 games across 2 accounts and I think I'd like to do one more run today. Trying to decide whether to eat the loss by trading them in or not.

I just been trading in doom/uncharted when I do the next flip up, you get 48$ in credit so not a big deal and when you get the last copy just return that one.

Why does it matter to return it with a gift receipt?
It doesn't, it's just personal preference on if you want the employees seeing your trade ins when they do your returns. And before anyone asks, ask for the gift receipt after the purchase. They can't print the out until the transaction is done.

Some employees may give you a hassle because they will see the trade ins with extra value for a doom purchase and then see you are trying to return it afterwards. Gift receipts work amazingly to proactively avoid this.

So do we know anything about limits regarding returns? I have 4 Doom/Uncharted 4 games across 2 accounts and I think I'd like to do one more run today. Trying to decide whether to eat the loss by trading them in or not.
I have 5 copies to return, it's going to be a long and rocky adventure returning them all but I'm going on a 3 hour drive for work this week so I'll return them at stores I never visit.

Just make sure you have Kenny Rogers - The Gambler playing on repeat in the car.

I have 5 copies to return, it's going to be a long and rocky adventure returning them all but I'm going on a 3 hour drive for work this week so I'll return them at stores I never visit.

Just make sure you have Kenny Rogers - The Gambler playing on repeat in the car.
I have 5 or 6, going to be visiting some less travelled stores for sure in the next couple weeks.

Yea true, I just hate most employees at my local GS's; I did 5 gift reciepts and one non (since I forgot)
How did you go from a guy people were annoyed with for asking dumb questions to an expert with 6 games to return? Damn, you learned quick. Good work, son. :razz:

[quote name="Royal High Knight" post="13346962" timestamp="1464531774"]

DualShock 4 controller still netting $44? Got a spare one thats itching to be traded in. [/quote
It's base is $24.50 and after all the bonuses, it comes to just under $40

[quote name="Royal High Knight" post="13346962" timestamp="1464531774"]

DualShock 4 controller still netting $44? Got a spare one thats itching to be traded in. [/quote
It's base is $24.50 and after all the bonuses, it comes to just under $40
People said the base $24.50 on the website is wrong and the base is $27.50 in store for $44.

So what everyone is doing is flipping minecraft etc. for the 50% right?
tumblr_lraf8vYyb31qe5z8a.gif

And what you're doing, is not reading anything.
There's a lot to read and it's a mess. So let me try to explain (even though I'm not the expert) lol

Basically people are buying a new Uncharted4/Doom to get 50% bonus trade in credit. MOst wanted to
Return uncharted 4/Doom, so they're getting a gifr receipt with it.

Mine craft story mode and nba live 16 and rise of tomb rider xbox360 (from BB) has a good flipping value

There's a lot to read and it's a mess. So let's me try to explain (even though I'm not the expert) lol

Basically people are buying a new Uncharted4/Doom to get 50% bonus trade in credit. MOst wanted to

Mine craft story mode and nba live 16 and rise of tomb rider xbox360 (from BB) has a good flipping value
Thanks for the mature answer.
The other two miserable guys that quoted me, I feel sorry for you.

There's a lot to read and it's a mess. So let's me try to explain (even though I'm not the expert) lol

I don't think most are doing the gift receipt route. That's more of a personal preference.

It's a lot more effort to do that route, and potential for getting your account flagged for excessively doing it.

Thanks for the mature answer.
The other two miserable guys that quoted me, I feel sorry for you.
That's so nice that you feel sorry for people. Do you pat yourself on the back afterwards for being the bigger man? Or is that too sociopath for you?

Because the mature thing to do would be to respect the community and stop drowning it in questions that could have been answered with reading a couple pages rather than having it spoon fed to you.

Everyone keeps posting the total credit they've accrued which most likely includes stuff from their own collection. What I'd like to see is how much profit people made from flips and how much profit strictly from GS boomerangs. That and how many accounts you used to do it is much more interesting.

I don't think most are doing the gift receipt route. That's more of a personal preference.

It's a lot more effort to do that route, and potential for getting your account flagged for excessively doing it.
Can you explain how it's more effort and potential for getting flagged? Are you suggesting to just keep the game or is there another way to "get rid of it"

Has anyone encountered games not showing up when they scan or insert the dpci in the Target price matching app. None of the games came up which included Minecraft, JC3, Just Dance 16, and STate of Decay. Employee had no sympathy and insisted they can't price match items that won't show in their app and that he was not surprised when I questioned the odds of none of them working being just video games and how I've never had issues with it before. Super frustrating especially dealing with employees who don't take accountability for anything and aren't willing to put effort into finding a solution, not to mention Target's pm policy/procedure is a joke.
Your experience is what I was dreading, especially as the employee had trouble getting AC on XB1 to scan, but other than that it was flawless. I'm so glad it worked as southern IL only has 1 Target & 2 GS locations.

Everyone keeps posting the total credit they've accrued which most likely includes stuff from their own collection. What I'd like to see is how much profit people made from flips and how much profit strictly from GS boomerangs. That and how many accounts you used to do it is much more interesting.
3 accounts and all BB/GS flips using credit, nothing from my own collection and no cash spent.

You can return it without the gift receipt. You'll just get the snide remark or crooked facial reaction. Occasionally you'll get the asshole who refuses the return. But it's their corporate policy. People do the gift receipt to avoid the snide remark or stupid face reaction as it is annoying. It's pretty much exactly as rick said

Can you explain how it's more effort and potential for getting flagged? Are you suggesting to just keep the game or is there another way to "get rid of it"
If you hand the employee a big long receipt with a bunch of trade bumps & want to return the game you got the trade bump for, employee will think you're doing something "shady" & will try to deny the return or argue with you about how much you get back.

A GS gift receipt is barely 2 inches long & doesn't show the employee any details about the transaction, just how they should refund you if you don't buy anything else.

Arg i bought left4dead goty at best buy instead of l4d2! Same price, same cubbyhole. Didn't realize until i had already opened it. I saw Game of the Year Edition and my eyesight went blurry, had to get it. Same price for GOTY edition?!? Yes, please. Oh no.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back