GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
In retrospect I should have gotten a gift reciept for Doom....

Went to return it today, was all clear until the chick remarked about how many trade ins I had. Then her superior came over and started scanning the receipt carefully before finally approving it, then instantly saying "You can't use trade credit on Amazon cards". Luckily there was a third guy there who I had talked to a few times before who said it was cool.

I would have preordered something, but I have literally everything I want already spread between Amazon and Best Buy lol.

In retrospect I should have gotten a gift reciept for Doom....
Went to return it today, was all clear until the chick remarked about how many trade ins I had. Then her superior came over and started scanning the receipt carefully before finally approving it, then instantly saying "You can't use trade credit on Amazon cards". Luckily there was a third guy there who I had talked to a few times before who said it was cool.
I would have preordered something, but I have literally everything I want already spread between Amazon and Best Buy lol.
I'll probably switch Doom for Mirror's Edge Catalyst

I'll probably switch Doom for Mirror's Edge Catalyst
Had thought about that, but I just don't have the time to play it. Overwatch has been like 90% of my gaming time the past week or two. Havent even touched Valkyria Chronicles or Ratchet and Clank despite wanting to play them for ages.

Plus theres so many RPGs coming out this month I want, I'm just totally swamped lol. Most of the stuff i traded in during the 50% were games I'll just never touch before the price tanks anyway (Like Just Cause 4 and Halo:MCC)

So the "20% Extra Credit Towards Mirror's Edge Catalyst Promo", you don't have to put down the full $60? Just $5, and I can trade in as many games as I want and get the 20% bonus applied to all of them (I missed last weekends trade bonus).

I'm looking at TIV's right now and I'm really quite surprised to see how high they actually are.

Not sure if this is new news to anyone, but it surprised me.  Purchased a used copy of Overwatch today and used the 20% off used coupon along with two pre owned certs.  They took the money for the certs off first, and then the 20%.  I could've sworn in the past they take the percentage off first

same here. Would have gotten on a few bby > GS, as well as rid myself of a few games I do not have time to play.

Not sure if this is new news to anyone, but it surprised me. Purchased a used copy of Overwatch today and used the 20% off used coupon along with two pre owned certs. They took the money for the certs off first, and then the 20%. I could've sworn in the past they take the percentage off first
They get the better end of the deal that way.

pur_june16.jpg

have 3 golden crisp coupons that expire in an hour (11:59pm PST)
First 3 to PM get one

gone to the children

This may be a one time occurrence, but when flipping games last weekend an associate added a protection plan to a game without mentioning it to me or asking if I wanted it. I only noticed it when I got home and started entering my flip totals into an excel sheet.

If that's what Gamestop is telling employees to do then I could easily see a cause of action. Again, this may have been a one time situation, but I was certainly less than amused.
Same thing happened to my flip mule. However, she claims he had asked her and she refused. Guess when you do a $1050 trade in 15 minutes before a store closes, its a good trade off.

Happened to me too, I made the associate take it off because the guy was a grade A douche and I don't regularly go into that store. One of the types to try to quiz you on games.

So the "20% Extra Credit Towards Mirror's Edge Catalyst Promo", you don't have to put down the full $60? Just $5, and I can trade in as many games as I want and get the 20% bonus applied to all of them (I missed last weekends trade bonus).

I'm looking at TIV's right now and I'm really quite surprised to see how high they actually are.
YMMV on this. I've recently run into a bunch of associates that have said they're not supposed to do just $5 down anymore, they require the full amount of the game first.

I put down $5 yesterday and got the bonus. Check the values again before you go to trade games in. The values have dropped since yesterday.

Values definitely dropped. I was prepared to trade in a few vita games and a 3DS game, but they all almost halved in value since yesterday. Oh well...think I'll throw them up on eBay.

For info purposes, these are the games I was going to trade in, with their values yesterday vs today:

Vita:
Hyperdimension Rebirth 1 16.50 vs 8.80
Hyperdimension Rebirth 3 16.50 vs 8.80

3DS:
Final Fantasy Explorers 19.50 vs 13.25

I snoozed...I loosed.

When trading in for any 20% bonus or whatever the bonus is for a specific pre-order you just simply tell the clerk "I wanna trade these in and also put $5 on . It works every time for myself personally and avoids questions because the promotion is automatic and requires nothing from the employee.

Mentioning the trade in bonus usually causes the employee to turn on his douche hat that you're only putting $5 down. But by not even mentioning the bonus when I trade in I've never had an issue.

When trading in for any 20% bonus or whatever the bonus is for a specific pre-order you just simply tell the clerk "I wanna trade these in and also put $5 on <insert game>. It works every time for myself personally and avoids questions because the promotion is automatic and requires nothing from the employee.

Mentioning the trade in bonus usually causes the employee to turn on his douche hat that you're only putting $5 down. But by not even mentioning the bonus when I trade in I've never had an issue.
sometimes they will turn their ass hat even without you asking for bonus, it's just YMMV and different people with or without decency.

On another note, BK is having 2 whopper MEALS for $10. Good time to bring your gf in and lose the calories in bed ;)

So interesting thing happened to me today. I was returning Doom with a gift receipt. Turns out I can only get a gift card, not trade credit, back. I was at first peeved because when I buy with trade credit I don't pay tax. I decided to not complain though. He put the 59.99+tax value on the gift card. So in the end I come out just fine but I realize that they don't charge tax on gift card purchases so I just made some extra money!

Yeah, that's the downside to the gift card route.  No matter how the purchase was made(cash, credit, etc), the refund will always be as a gift card.

Yeah, that's the downside to the gift card route. No matter how the purchase was made(cash, credit, etc), the refund will always be as a gift card.
Not always. I got cash back for a couple gift receipt returns recently. The return was put in as "No Original Receipt" so maybe that made the difference.

That actually sounds like an interesting watch, thanks for the link.

But we still have warning labels that we shouldn't need. :D Bill Engvall's skit on it comes to mind.
You'll find out when you watch the documentary, or read up about it, but

it wasn't just "hot." It was heated extra hot on purpose. Not "it can cause blisters" hot, but "it can fucking fuse flesh" hot.

So interesting thing happened to me today. I was returning Doom with a gift receipt. Turns out I can only get a gift card, not trade credit, back. I was at first peeved because when I buy with trade credit I don't pay tax. I decided to not complain though. He put the 59.99+tax value on the gift card. So in the end I come out just fine but I realize that they don't charge tax on gift card purchases so I just made some extra money!
They do charge tax on gift card purchases.

They don't charge tax on trade credit purchases, if your state qualifies.

There is a difference.

They do charge tax on gift card purchases.

They don't charge tax on trade credit purchases, if your state qualifies.

There is a difference.
They don't charge tax on gift card purchases

They do charge tax when you purchase with a gift card.

Just clarifying things.

sometimes they will turn their ass hat even without you asking for bonus, it's just YMMV and different people with or without decency.
On another note, BK is having 2 whopper MEALS for $10. Good time to bring your gf in and lose the calories in bed ;)
It's actually $1 cheaper in the app.

You're welcome.

If you are taking your GF to BK, the only thing in your bed is going to be by yourself....

Of course you can take her to BK to fatten her up so no other guy would want her ... that's a smarter plan

I had a weird experience with this. Went in with a gift receipt, dude saw that it was paid for with trade credit but without asking me if I was okay with that, CALLED the store I bought the game at and had them pull up the transaction to "make sure he didn't owe me any cash." He didn't let me know what he was doing so I'm just sitting there like "shit, shit, about to get permabanned." He gets off the phone and explains the situation and says they paid in all trade credit and just put it back on a trade credit card.

I had a weird experience with this. Went in with a gift receipt, dude saw that it was paid for with trade credit but without asking me if I was okay with that, CALLED the store I bought the game at and had them pull up the transaction to "make sure he didn't owe me any cash." He didn't let me know what he was doing so I'm just sitting there like "shit, shit, about to get permabanned." He gets off the phone and explains the situation and says they paid in all trade credit and just put it back on a trade credit card.
What's next, following people around the store while ringing a bell and shouting "shame"?

There is definitely something weird with the Doom trade bonus and their updated register software. I got back $32 in trade credit and $32 (or so) on a gift card, and I traded in around $50 of games and paid the rest in trade credit for Doom. Even the cashier was mystified by what the register was doing, he didn't care at all about the trade bonus just couldn't figure out why he wasn't able to put the whole thing back onto my PUR Pro card.

There is definitely something weird with the Doom trade bonus and their updated register software. I got back $32 in trade credit and $32 (or so) on a gift card, and I traded in around $50 of games and paid the rest in trade credit for Doom. Even the cashier was mystified by what the register was doing, he didn't care at all about the trade bonus just couldn't figure out why he wasn't able to put the whole thing back onto my PUR Pro card.
Yeah when I returned a Doom last night it was originally going to do $34.99 trade credit and the rest on a gift card until the cashier realized I was buying some Kindle cards and Witcher 3 Gwent set X2.

Lmao just got told at this store in Durham that I couldn't return a new game, just trade in. Most confusing thing ever dude had to go to the back to make sure I could return a brand new game and did my return. That shit was so awkward

If you are taking your GF to BK, the only thing in your bed is going to be by yourself....

Of course you can take her to BK to fatten her up so no other guy would want her ... that's a smarter plan
i actually did a drive-in with her, ate the damn thing, and did it in the car

Free chick fil a sandwich (OG, Spicy or Grilled) when you download the app and make an account.
going out again today!

Another bonus of the GS -> eBay -> BB -> GS cycle is when BB gives you points for reviewing products. I just made $5 in points for reviewing Disney Infinity and MGS V flips from a while back. I'll be expecting more from this weekend's flip.  :D/

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back