GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
Another bonus of the GS -> eBay -> BB -> GS cycle is when BB gives you points for reviewing products. I just made $5 in points for reviewing Disney Infinity and MGS V flips from a while back. I'll be expecting more from this weekend's flip. :D/
No longer limited to 8 reviews per account?

Went to a few GameStops in bay area, ca and they wouldn't let me buy eBay gift cards with GameStop credit. Looks like I'm going to need to find some GameStop to Best Buy trades. :wall:

I've been able to get pre-owned BB game prices and TIV compared to GS TIV automated on my application. Half are complete, there is still much I need to do, optimize, and add but I figured I put it up to tease you guys. :)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1QHes9WjTbQvu-uB5Bkp_cwrKtJtZiqANFr_RfwvzkYs/edit#gid=1330826904
I patched it so all BB preowned prices get pulled now. With the new data there seems to be some good preowned BB to GS flips if you can find the games at your local BB.

thanks a ton blackbeard. That is awesome! Too bad none of the 3DS games are in stock in South or Central Florida. Bummer. Anyways, I just got back from converting $340 gs to eBay with no issue down here in South Florida. She rang up the card and I just swiped my GS trade card. She asked it if was a chip card and I just said no lol.

So interesting thing happened to me today. I was returning Doom with a gift receipt. Turns out I can only get a gift card, not trade credit, back. I was at first peeved because when I buy with trade credit I don't pay tax. I decided to not complain though. He put the 59.99+tax value on the gift card. So in the end I come out just fine but I realize that they don't charge tax on gift card purchases so I just made some extra money!
If you are in a state where purchases with trade credit don't incur tax, you break even if they refund you the tax amount also.

Yeah, that's the downside to the gift card route. No matter how the purchase was made(cash, credit, etc), the refund will always be as a gift card.
I think this varies. If you don't have an original receipt, they may opt to do a refund on your credit card as well. The forms of payment seem to be broken into two groups: purchases with trade credit and purchases with anything else. The purchases with anything else can be refunded to any non-trade credit form.

If you are in a state where purchases with trade credit don't incur tax, you break even if they refund you the tax amount also.

I think this varies. If you don't have an original receipt, they may opt to do a refund on your credit card as well. The forms of payment seem to be broken into two groups: purchases with trade credit and purchases with anything else. The purchases with anything else can be refunded to any non-trade credit form.
Actually if you paid credit card, they refund you cash since apparently Gamestop as a whole doesn't give their workers access to refund any sort of credit card transaction. I'm not sure if it's a Gamestop policy or just the stores in my area.

Sometimes I do refund on purchases and they refund me cash even though I technically paid with a gift card.

I hope my return goes as well as yours. I'm going tomorrow night after work. Did you return at the same store where you originally bought it?
I went to different ones for both with a gift receipt. Pretty funny the guy asked if I was ok with getting cash back. I also cashed out in eBay gift cards at two stores without a problem but one I don't usually go to said no.

Cashier at chik fil a had to complicate things. Said buy something then they'll check if I have any offers. I told him can u just check if the damn sandwich is free when scanning my phone

Managed to get all 4 gift receipt returns done. Ended up with $70 in cash and the rest on trade cards. Picked up my B&W Gwent preorder which I'll end up selling the dlc since PSN had it for 17.99. Was going to just trade in for Catalyst but I'll go the eBay >Best Buy route to get some bucks and BBY cert. So now the waiting begins for another flip opportunity and E3.

Forgive my ignorance, but are you guys saying you bought Doom or Uncharted as a gift, or are you just saying that you changed your minds? I hadn't even bothered with walking into a GS store for months before last weekend's promo much less trading in, so I don't mean to seem naive to the rest of you who do this thing often. I'm thinking of asking for Amazon cards as an exchange. If that fails, PSN, Steam or Xbox Live cards. I don't think I have the balls to ask for a cash return when it comes down to it. LOL!

Why is everyone asking so many questions about a simple return of a new product? It's not rocket science, it's not an interview, it's simple: "Hi, I want to return this new and sealed game"

thanks a ton blackbeard. That is awesome! Too bad none of the 3DS games are in stock in South or Central Florida. Bummer. Anyways, I just got back from converting $340 gs to eBay with no issue down here in South Florida. She rang up the card and I just swiped my GS trade card. She asked it if was a chip card and I just said no lol.
The tough part is that if they don't have it now, with a $1 trade in value and not too high a trade in volume at BB, they probably won't get anymore. Unless BB holds them somewhere and releases them for special deals, etc.

Why is everyone asking so many questions about a simple return of a new product? It's not rocket science, it's not an interview, it's simple: "Hi, I want to return this new and sealed game"
The fact that people seem to be going out of their way to drive to other stores to return the games would suggest it's not as simple as it should be. A few people have reported overzealous managers and "junior detective" associates. I just want the experience of unloading my single copy of Doom to be as easy as possible. And if you want advice on how to make something like that happen, you ask the experts. Sorry if I offended by posting questions.

You are right, it's psychology we are dealing with and I figured out on my own how I'll go about it if they try to give me trouble when I make my return.

Forgive my ignorance, but are you guys saying you bought Doom or Uncharted as a gift, or are you just saying that you changed your minds? I hadn't even bothered with walking into a GS store for months before last weekend's promo much less trading in, so I don't mean to seem naive to the rest of you who do this thing often. I'm thinking of asking for Amazon cards as an exchange. If that fails, PSN, Steam or Xbox Live cards. I don't think I have the balls to ask for a cash return when it comes down to it. LOL!
"don't need it"

Well my wife (who you may remember came along to witness this weekends shenanigans) was getting all worried about finishing the deal so I went and returned Uncharted on my lunch (gift receipt in hand) and got it credited with no problem to my trade card.

After work went by another GameStop and purchased $600 in eBay cards. Again went smooth and as usual the employee was super nice and helpful.

Came home, jumped on the computer and bought my cruise gift cards from PayPal digital gifts. Got my $600 in codes in just a moment, then went and paid off my cruise we are going on for our anniversary. When she saw the balance, she had the biggest smile.... And admitted maybe my video game obsession isn't so bad after all.

Thanks GS for keeping me from sleeping on the couch for another few weeks!

Well my wife (who you may remember came along to witness this weekends shenanigans) was getting all worried about finishing the deal so I went and returned Uncharted on my lunch (gift receipt in hand) and got it credited with no problem to my trade card.

After work went by another GameStop and purchased $600 in eBay cards. Again went smooth and as usual the employee was super nice and helpful.

Came home, jumped on the computer and bought my cruise gift cards from PayPal digital gifts. Got my $600 in codes in just a moment, then went and paid off my cruise we are going on for our anniversary. When she saw the balance, she had the biggest smile.... And admitted maybe my video game obsession isn't so bad after all.

Thanks GS for keeping me from sleeping on the couch for another few weeks!
which cruise line? i tired to buy royal caribbean GC from paypal digital gifts and they never came

If you look at a return receipt, you'll see there is a Reason field. Most will not ask questions and just put down Other. Others will ask and if you aren't prepared or give a "I don't want it anymore", they might try and snoop for any suspicious things (like how your trade in was boosted only because you bought Doom). It's just covering your bases.

Is it frowned upon to use 3 $ off preowned coupons on the same game? They are different denominations ($25, $15, $5). I don't want to push it at my local GS

Is it frowned upon to use 3 $ off preowned coupons on the same game? They are different denominations ($25, $15, $5). I don't want to push it at my local GS
nope, in fact it even says it's ok on the Rewards Certificate itself:

"Two certificates of the same denomination can not be used in the same transaction, but you can use two different denominations. (EX. Two $10 Certificates can not be used in the same transaction, but a $5 certificate and a $10 certificate can be used in the same transaction) No cash back. Maximum of 3 certificates can be used per day, per member."

My PUR expires within a month. part of me is hesitant to renew since I'll be busy with school this coming year. Do points expires if I'm not a member? or do they issue my points automatically? on the other hand, I feel using B2G1 welcome coupon can pay itself lol 

I just redeemed some points for coupons and it looks like the terms have changed. 

Limit 1 coupon per customer. Coupon can only be redeemed once. Not valid with any other offer. See associate for details. Selection may vary by store. While supplies last. No substitutions will be made. Valid on in-store and in-stock items only. Not redeemable for cash. Offer valid in the United States. Expires 7/15/16

My PUR expires within a month. part of me is hesitant to renew since I'll be busy with school this coming year. Do points expires if I'm not a member? or do they issue my points automatically? on the other hand, I feel using B2G1 welcome coupon can pay itself lol
Do you have 15,000 points? You can renew using those. Points expire 1 year after no use of the card.

I would just pay the $15 for another year.

"Wow, you got a lot of points" after scanning my card when I traded in stuff before the values tanked again.  This is the 2nd time they said that.  What is the average amount of points u all typically keep banked?  I don't exactly want my PUR acct to stand out o_O

"Wow, you got a lot of points" after scanning my card when I traded in stuff before the values tanked again. This is the 2nd time they said that. What is the average amount of points u all typically keep banked? I don't exactly want my PUR acct to stand out o_O
I get it on both my accounts from different people. One at 100k and one at 34k.

I have grown to learn that a lot of gamers don't know how to interact with people face to face.

I get it on both my accounts from different people. One at 100k and one at 34k.
first time it happened was years ago when I was only like around 28k and they were acting that's the biggest they've seen all year or whatever with me thinking I thought every PUR member had like over 100k average, I wouldn't've been so surprised if it was "Wow you have hardly any points" lol

I'm almost at 100k at the moment but geez, don't need to announce it to the whole store when my card is scanned...lol

I usually have over 100k. At one point I was up to 220k but there was a lot of exclusive swag on their rewards site recently so I nabbed those.
So I guess on average around 100-150k would be average and over 200k would be so high they'll probably announce your presence whenever you walk into the store jk

A few years back GS pur had a vita or 3ds for 100,000 points. The manager was shocked that someone actually had enough points and made it a point to tell other customers what I got and how they could too lol. It wasn't hard back then when IPads and G3 where getting crazy trade bumps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back