GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah the only airline they have unfortunately
Southwest just came into one of the 2 airports we fly out of where the only reasonably-ish priced airline was Jetblue. If nothing else Jetblue should adjust their prices to deal with the competition. As of now though Southwest stands as at least another option for us.

Bought some 25 dollar kindle cards in NYC with credit no problem- I also bought a psn card at the same time figuring it would be weird to say which cards I could or could not buy

Picked up phantom pain, and this is definitely the worst beginning to a game. It's so long and boring. I don't want to crawl around for 30 minutes....

Also picked up Phantom Pain and Until Dawn along with in $150 eBay . The gyft app worked like a charm and definitely has my confidence going forward with rolling the Bucks to a digital gc. Sucks GS deaded the purchase of gc with points, inching my way to 100,000 with 700,00 lifetime lol. Feels good to have a good amount of credit to support my habit. The wife and I are buying an income property and she's watching the finances like a hawk!

Weird guess the no Amazon GC's here must have been a district thing. Checked another store and they still had the 25$ and 50$ cards up, plus they had a Kindle Fire card that was 15-100$ that I had never seen before

Weird guess the no Amazon GC's here must have been a district thing. Checked another store and they still had the 25$ and 50$ cards up, plus they had a Kindle Fire card that was 15-100$ that I had never seen before
question is, do the $50 and multi-denomination cards ring up? that had been the issue recently that some stores had them, but they were no longer for sale.

question is, do the $50 and multi-denomination cards ring up? that had been the issue recently that some stores had them, but they were no longer for sale.
Not sure, I didn't try because I didn't want to raise any red flags. I'll attempt it tomorrow or Saturday when I have more trade ins to cash out

I did ask if they could move my pur credit into trade cards but they said it can't.
They can, but they will most likely remember u so not good if u want to keep a low profile. I thought it would be a simple transfer process, but turns out only way you can load trade cards is thru a trade transaction or a refund transaction if the initial form of payment was a trade card....wish I had known beforehand what swapping credit would mean. I suggest doing this at a store u will never come back to, now I'm afraid to go to my pretty convenient store store coz they recognize me as soon as I walk in, rofl...though this might also be coz of the values I have on my trade cards lol.

What they did was: buy a bunch of random consoles & games & accessories to match the value on the card, which took a super long time to find out which items would completely empty out my card to the exact cent, and then issue the refund to the second card.

I just got an email saying "We miss you. Here's a 50% trade in bonus code for games." Did anyone else receive this email?
Yep. I received one, too, except the subject line was "We like you better in 3D! Special Offer Inside."

Very cheeky, GameStop.

Here's a list of the two for $50 games towards mirror's edge. It was horrible to read on mobile so i retyped it.

Battleborn
Bayonetta 2 w/ B1
Bravely Default
Bravely Default: End Layer
Black Ops 3 XB1
Dark Souls 3 PS4/XB1
Devil's Third
Dirt Rally - PS4/XB1
Digaea 5 PS4
DOOM - PS4/XB1
Dying Light Following Edition - PS4/XB1
Far Cry Primal - PS4/XB1
Fire Emblem Awakening - 3DS
Fire Emblem Fates Birthright - 3DS
Fire Emblem Fates Conquest - 3DS
Fire Emblem Fates Special Edition - 3DS
FIre Emblem Radiant Dawn - Wii
Forza 6 - XB1
Forza Horizon 2 - XB1/XB360
GTA5 - PS4/XB1
Homefront Revolution - PS4/XB1
Hyrule Warriors Legends - 3DS
Legend of Spyro Dawn of the dragon - PS3
Legend of Zelda Link Between Worlds - 3DS
Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask - 3DS
Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess - WiiU
LEGO Marvel Avengers - PS4/XB1
Mario and Luigi Paper Jam - 3DS
Mario and Sonic Rio Olympics - 3DS
Mario Kart 8 - WiiU
Mario Party 10 - WiiU
Mario Party 9 - Wii
Mario Tennis Ultra Smash - WiiU
MLB 16 The Show - PS4
Mortal Kombat XL - PS4/XB1
NBA Live 16 - PS4
New Super Luigi U - WiiU
New Super Mario Bros U - Wii U
New Super Mario Bros U w/ Luigi U - WiiU
Overwatch - PS4/XB1
Pikmin 2 Selects - Wii
Plants Vs Zombies Garden Warfare 2 - PS4/XB1
Pokemon Alpha Sapphire - 3DS
Pokemon HeartGold - DS
Pokemon Omega Ruby - 3DS
Pokemon Platinum - DS
Pokemon SoulSilver - DS
Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon - 3DS
Pokemon X - 3DS
Pokemon Y - 3DS
Pokken Tournament - WiiU
Quantum Break - XB1
Rainbow Six Siege - PS4/XB1
Ratchet and Clank - PS4
Rise of the Tomb Raider - XB1/XB360
Splatoon - WiiU
Star Fox 64 - 3DS
Star Fox Zero - WiiU
Stella Glow - 3DS
Street Fighter 5 - PS4
Super Mario Maker - WiiU
Super Smash Bros - 3DS/WiiU
TMNT Mutants in Manhattan - PS4/XB1
UFC2 - PS4/XB1
Uncharted 4 - PS4
Wii Sports Club - WiiU
Witcher 3 Wild Hunt - PS4
Xenoblade Chronicles - Wii/3DS
Xenoblade Chronicles X - WiiU
YO-KAI WATCH - 3DS
Yoshi's Wooly World - WiiU

There's a dash in the middle.

It definitely seems unique.

Offer is valid: 06/08/2016 through 07/31/2016

It's a shame their trade-in values are sh*t right now. Hope to see some bumps in the next 8 weeks.

Can anyone give me a primer on the whole card flipping thing? I just started with Ebates, have bought 7 gamestop $60 cards for $50 cash each. (over the past weeks) I'm going to Gamestop tomorrow to flip them to ebay gift cards. (amazon charges me tax)  Do I need to bring print outs of the gift card codes or download some phone app (name?)?  Is it recommended to buy into Gamestops rewards program to stack points with ebay card purchases?

Please help I am but a grasshopper learning the Cheapy way.

I bought two $25 Amazon cards along with $30 in PSN credit with Doom acquired trade credit tonight. I recognized the guy as the day manager. He didn't say anything about the Amazon cards, but he did ask me if I was planning to go all digital since he's only ever seen me trade in games and not buy any physical copies. I just told him that I'm trying to cut down on clutter.

Can anyone give me a primer on the whole card flipping thing? I just started with Ebates, have bought 7 gamestop $60 cards for $50 cash each. (over the past weeks) I'm going to Gamestop tomorrow to flip them to ebay gift cards. (amazon charges me tax) Do I need to bring print outs of the gift card codes or download some phone app (name?)? Is it recommended to buy into Gamestops rewards program to stack points with ebay card purchases?

The PUR Pro is a necessity for the 10% discount and trade in bonus. Get it.

Someone said you can buy a physical GameStop card with digital gift card? If this is true, I'd recommend converting all of your digital gift cards into one physical. That way it is less obvious you are converting all your digital gift cards to eBay. You can just swipe the card instead of having the cashier scan each one.

But if you are lucky and find a cashier who doesn't care, then you really only have to pull it up on your phone. You can put it in Gyft (a gift card app).

Can anyone give me a primer on the whole card flipping thing? I just started with Ebates, have bought 7 gamestop $60 cards for $50 cash each. (over the past weeks) I'm going to Gamestop tomorrow to flip them to ebay gift cards. (amazon charges me tax) Do I need to bring print outs of the gift card codes or download some phone app (name?)? Is it recommended to buy into Gamestops rewards program to stack points with ebay card purchases?

Should've started with Shop@Home (or check http://www.cashbackmonitor.com/Cashback-Store/Ebay to see who has the highest % that day), they match Ebates & a few other sites + 10%. You could've gotten 1.1% cashback (if EB was 1% at that time) or S@H's current promo of 1.5%, depending on the timing in addition to earning 50 points per transaction for their ShopGold program to redeem in their catalog.... currently only catalog item worthwhile is $5 Walmart GC for 500 ShopGold points which can be used on gaming cards lol.

iComsumer at 1.3% is nice too if you think iC's future market shares > S@H's shopgold points for the time being.

Load your cards into Gyft app.

Yes.

Only GS email I got recently was the one offering a Darkhorse comic download code to make Mirror's Edge: Exordium #1 free...??

Went in to grab a couple of eBay cards, then met the DM and decided its best to not get any eBay cards today.  :whistle2:$   :whistle2:

My GS (Avon, IN) did not have any Amazon or Ebay cards.  I ended up getting $150 in Shell game though. I drive enough that I can do the CAG math to use cash at Best Buy instead.

Where are you on oahu? I'm mostly on the east side. Pretty mad when they closed hawaii kai.
I'm in central (near Pearlridge), I actually went to the Hawaii Kai store back in December to grab a Halo 5 Xbox One console someone traded in, sad that they closed that store seems like a drive to get to the next closest location at Kahala Mall.

Should've started with Shop@Home (or check http://www.cashbackmonitor.com/Cashback-Store/Ebay to see who has the highest % that day), they match Ebates & a few other sites + 10%. You could've gotten 1.1% cashback (if EB was 1% at that time) or S@H's current promo of 1.5%, depending on the timing in addition to earning 50 points per transaction for their ShopGold program to redeem in their catalog.... currently only catalog item worthwhile is $5 Walmart GC for 500 ShopGold points which can be used on gaming cards lol.

iComsumer at 1.3% is nice too if you think iC's future market shares > S@H's shopgold points for the time being.

Yes.

Only GS email I got recently was the one offering a Darkhorse comic download code to make Mirror's Edge: Exordium #1 free...??

Yes.

Thanks for the advice.
I may have been gipped however. I bought the power up rewards at gamestop but I don't think they gave me any points for the $420 in ebay credit I bought.

an interesting price drop, the blast from the past hardware bundle. 160gb ps3 slim, 20gb xbox 360 and a wii for $159.99. the ps3 is $120 by itself, so $40 for a 360 and wii if you are in the market. $7 shipping.

I tried an Amazon $50 today and it wouldn't scan. I asked the cashier to try two $25's and they worked no problem, paid with trade credit.

Ok so havent checked this thread in a long while and I just read the last 20 pages of random postings of ebay giftcards/GS giftcards from ebay and confused exactly how this works. Yes I know amatuer sounding question coming from someone who is anything but when it comes to deals. Just looking for a quick run down of the process??

use your gs credit to buy an eBay gift card at gs. That nets you points on your pur card. From there you wait till eBay has a eBay bucks promotions or paypal digital has a Gamestop buy $60 for $50 promotion and use the eBay gift card. Rinse and repeat. There just are limits on the gift cards bought on eBay so don't be greedy and get yourself banned. And then come back here asking what to do about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back