GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hopefully values jump because they're not that impressive at the moment.
I know at least 2 of the games I was looking at trading in have dropped $4-$5 off the base value.

I'm not sure how trade in bonuses have worked in the past, specifically on preorders, but do you typically have to put the full amount down or just like $5? If you do have to put the full amount down, can you "cancel" your trade in and get the full amount anytime before the game releases?

I know at least 2 of the games I was looking at trading in have dropped $4-$5 off the base value.

I'm not sure how trade in bonuses have worked in the past, specifically on preorders, but do you typically have to put the full amount down or just like $5? If you do have to put the full amount down, can you "cancel" your trade in and get the full amount anytime before the game releases?
I usually just put $5 of whatever I'm getting in trade towards a pre-order, then cancel it or move it to something else later on if I don't want it.

I want monster hunter generations anyway so this isn't that much of an issue for me, pretty sure TIV values have dropped a dollar or two over the few days on some trades I had saved but held off on, so hopefully they don't fall any further. 

Yeah, that's just gonna be your district apparently. I'm in SoCal (borderline LA County/OC area) and every GS location (11 total) has allowed me to buy eBay/AMZ/Gas cards with no issue. They also all still stock AMZ cards (even the $50 cards that people have reported having issues with) so I've bought $25 AMZ cards at 5 different stores in the past couple of weeks. Just an FYI.
Can you let me know what stores you go to? I'd love to get in on some amazon cards and I'm glad my info was wrong

So I traded in my 1TB COD AW Xbox1 for $125 and $100 bonus with the purchase of a COD PS4. Drove to the mall and exchanged it for an Xbox Elite Bundle and $50 gift card.

Out of pocket to upgrade the Xbox console to the Elite and get a new warranty and a $50 GameStop gift card was about $130

Sounds good to me. Power to the Players!

So I traded in my 1TB COD AW Xbox1 for $125 and $100 bonus with the purchase of a COD PS4. Drove to the mall and exchanged it for an Xbox Elite Bundle and $50 gift card.

Out of pocket to upgrade the Xbox console to the Elite and get a new warranty and a $50 GameStop gift card was about $130

Sounds good to me. Power to the Players!
I don't get how you upgraded to xbox elite console for basically $80. Can you break it down?

I don't get how you upgraded to xbox elite console for basically $80. Can you break it down?
$125 TIV on the 1TB Xbox 1. $100 bonus when buying the PS4. Paid the $125 difference. Exchanged the PS4 for an XBox 1 Elite since they are the same price. But you get a $50 GameStop gift card with the Xbox 1 purchase.

Plus tax comes out to about $80 out of pocket with a $50 gift card.

There was actually zero cash out of pocket since I used credit for the difference.

I am guessing they don't get charged tax on trade credit purchases (unfortunately, I do), or their tax rate is very low (mine is very high).

Trade: $125 base + $100 coupon = $225.

Purchase: $350 - $225 trade value = $125, plus he got a $50 gift card with purchase.

Even with my high tax rate, I am thinking about it. My math works out like this-

Trade: $100 base + $100 coupon = $200.

Purchase: ~$380 - $200 Trade credit (500 GB) = $180, or $130 after getting back the $50 GC. Gets me a new warranty, a larger capacity internal drive, and an Elite controller to replace my Day One controller. Only thing holding me back, aside from the time and effort, is I was thinking about switching to an S when it comes out.

Edit: spent too long editing, was beaten to the explanation.

$125 TIV on the 1TB Xbox 1. $100 bonus when buying the PS4. Paid the $125 difference. Exchanged the PS4 for an XBox 1 Elite since they are the same price. But you get a $50 GameStop gift card with the Xbox 1 purchase.

Plus tax comes out to about $80 out of pocket with a $50 gift card.

There was actually zero cash out of pocket since I used credit for the difference.

I am guessing they don't get charged tax on trade credit purchases (unfortunately, I do), or their tax rate is very low (mine is very high).

Purchase: $350 - $225 trade value = $125, plus he got a $50 gift card with purchase.

Even with my high tax rate, I am thinking about it. My math works out like this-

Purchase: ~$380 - $200 Trade credit (500 GB) = $180, or $130 after getting back the $50 GC. Gets me a new warranty, a larger capacity internal drive, and an Elite controller to replace my Day One controller. Only thing holding me back, aside from the time and effort, is I was thinking about switching to an S when it comes out.

I get it now, thanks. Sunrisecityrider must live in a state where they don't charge tax on trade credit and low tax. He only paid $5 tax. I'm in California and have the 500gb xbox one so exact same situation as Guessed. It would cost me $130 to upgrade to the Elite. :D

Yeah thinking about doing the same too. Do you think theyll give us excuses as to not let us do the exchange?

I bought 2 $50 ebay cards at BB this past weekend. So that's an option.

That being said, I also picked up $200 in ebay GCs from GS earlier today. Dream lives on.
I see them on the BB.com website as being available for in-store pickup nearby. Can you use rewards coupons towards the purchase of them, or just BB gift cards?

When you get one in store, does it automatically direct them to give you a $50 gift card or do I have to pull it up from the website and point it out?

It's weird for the website to show the elite by itself and the elite + gift card both for the same price.
Locate the $50 GameStop gift card and make sure they ring it up with the Xbox purchase. It will zero out.

Of course ask for a Gift Receipt when buying the PS4. Keeps it clean and simple.

Wow they don't charge me sales tax for trade credit purchases. $75 for upgrade to 1 TB and an elite controller. The only thing is that I only have the Halo controllers, no original black one to go with my 500 GB one. Will they care if the controller is a Halo one? 

Wow they don't charge me sales tax for trade credit purchases. $75 for upgrade to 1 TB and an elite controller. The only thing is that I only have the Halo controllers, no original black one to go with my 500 GB one. Will they care if the controller is a Halo one?
Pretty sure they won't care.

I want to say no. I think what they could do is switch one of the pre-owned controllers for your Halo controller.

The 500GB models trade in for $100. Only a $25 difference, but still a good deal for the upgrades.

It's deleted off the website but an employee told me the 1TB Halo LE system is $279 in-store new if you can find one.  Assuming that works with the $50 gift card offer that Sunrise got with his Elite, that would be the best deal out there for an X1 period.  Going to be really hard to find the Halo console though, my store couldn't locate one within a couple of hours away from my location so no dice for me :(

I think i'm going to try to get the $300 1TB bundle that has the $50 gift card, Halo 5, Gears UE, Rare Replay, and Ori. 

I want to buy Halo 5 and Rare Replay again anyway. It's $30 more than the bundle without Halo 5, but I think I would have a hard time finding halo 5 for less than that anyway, and having it digital is nice.

I think i'm going to try to get the $300 1TB bundle that has the $50 gift card, Halo 5, Gears UE, Rare Replay, and Ori.

I want to buy Halo 5 and Rare Replay again anyway. It's $30 more than the bundle without Halo 5, but I think I would have a hard time finding halo 5 for less than that anyway, and having it digital is nice.
I only see the $300 1TB bundle with Gears, Rare, and Ori. Where is the one that includes Halo 5?

Where is the that deal with the gift card??

hoping there aren't too many restrictions on what you can trade in for the 50% bonus. sold my xb1 before but now seems like a good time to pick up the older model.

Last edited:
It's deleted off the website but an employee told me the 1TB Halo LE system is $279 in-store new if you can find one. Assuming that works with the $50 gift card offer that Sunrise got with his Elite, that would be the best deal out there for an X1 period. Going to be really hard to find the Halo console though, my store couldn't locate one within a couple of hours away from my location so no dice for me :(
here's the 1TB Halo LE system for reference only

http://www.gamestop.com/xbox-one/consoles/xbox-one-1tb-limited-edition-halo-5-guardians-console-bundle/123695

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back