GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
I just found a slim 360 adapter. Is it really only $8.80 as the app shows or higher ?

Edit:$36 after bonus...not too shabby!

I supposed it's my fault cause I'm the dumb ass who forget to eject my Overwatch disc from the PS4 I traded-in and didn't think about it until I went home to play on my new PS4 but it's a scumbag move to the Gamestop employee not to mention it when he "tested" the ps4 machine. I went back in this morning and another worker went to check if it was in the system but alas confirmed there was nothing in the system I traded in :wall:

"Found" I think someone said it was $24?
Disregarding the +50% boost, have these XB360 slim adapters always had a good TIV overall? If so, does it make any difference if we trade in generic counterparts or do they have to be official branded OEM?

Disregarding the +50% boost, have these XB360 slim adapters always had a good TIV overall? If so, does it make any difference if we trade in generic counterparts or do they have to be official branded OEM?
It depends on the associate, there is also the issue that 3rd party adapters are known to cause fires and how you feel about that.

I supposed it's my fault cause I'm the dumb ass who forget to eject my Overwatch disc from the PS4 I traded-in and didn't think about it until I went home to play on my new PS4 but it's a scumbag move to the Gamestop employee not to mention it when he "tested" the ps4 machine. I went back in this morning and another worker went to check if it was in the system but alas confirmed there was nothing in the system I traded in :wall:
Damn that's rough considering how awesome Overwatch is. I almost forgot to check my Xbox One but luckily it was only Just Dance 2016 if I did forget.

Same thing happened to me during the last 50% bonus trade in. Had God of War Collection for Vita inside an Overwatch case and when I got home I realized I had forgotten about it. Called the employee shortly after and he said he didn't see anything.

Die! Die! Die! :twoguns:

Don't forget the extra $100 trade for PS4 coupon ends today.

I traded the xbox one for ps4 and returned the ps4 already. I'll just sit on the credit and buy the PS Neo coming out in the fall. It kind of sucks with no console to play games in the meantime.

The listing is something like power supply - any, so they shouldn't reject generic adapters. But don't push your luck. If you get a reject take them to a different store or try again with a different associate. It's the kind of trade you don't want flagged for a DM.

I traded the xbox one for ps4 and returned the ps4 already. I'll just sit on the credit and buy the PS Neo coming out in the fall. It kind of sucks with no console to play games in the meantime.
And this is why I went "hard" during the last flip fest . Good thing is now you have that credit so just be ready for any opportunity. Could you just be on the lookout for a pre owned deal that would leave you a little credit and another X1 to trade in later this year towards Neo?

Damn man, that sucks. I wonder if an employee took it or they just sold the system as is.

Instead of whining about it on here, get a hold of the DM and explain what happened and get him to review the security tapes.

Sorry for the small outage on the spreadsheet, I went to update it and noticed some douche was trying to use an exploit to hack my Google account through the spreadsheet. I had to change the security after that. I will get the sheet updated as soon as I can.

EDIT: Here's his Google account name pwcracker2002
May I say, fuck that dude

Instead of whining about it on here, get a hold of the DM and explain what happened and get him to review the security tapes.
I can do both, Others can use my tale of woe as a caution to remember to check their system before trading in.

Edit: Is it really whining if I only made one post about? :whistle2:k

Edit 2: Holy shit, I'm salty because I lost an Overwatch disc...whats everyone's else excuse for having a dick in a knot. There has been more people bitching about my post then me "whining about it".

Note to self: Don't share shit on CAG I guess.

I'm still deciding whether or not to open my Uncharted bundle or return it and wait for Neo. I still don't know how much Neo will cost and if it will even be a beneficial upgrade for people without a 4K TV and no interest in VR.

Ive done it before. But your not out of luck if you havent spoken to the manager already talk to him. i wouldnt escalate to the DMs attention so quickly. My favorite is when i bring in a case and left the game in the system at my house.

Sorry for the small outage on the spreadsheet, I went to update it and noticed some douche was trying to use an exploit to hack my Google account through the spreadsheet. I had to change the security after that. I will get the sheet updated as soon as I can.

EDIT: Here's his Google account name pwcracker2002
Their motorcycle riding skills are just as bad as their hacking...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FU0LewaSSZc

Traded in an "as is" copy of Forza Horizon 2 for 360 that I paid $6.96 for at Target and got $28.80 in GS credit for it. Bought a $20 Steam card for the upcoming Steam Summer Sale that starts on the 23rd and banked the rest.

I noticed you can spell "durr" with your username :p

I think Gamestop is gonna be crossed off my list pretty soon. No access to Amazon cards and also possibility of credit getting redacted from trade-in promotions make it not as enticing as it used to be. I got "warned" about the possibility of getting the promotion credit taken out from my ps4 trade-in if I decide to return the console.
They can't do that. They can, however, refuse the return. They can't take away your credit, though. They have to either accept the return and you kewp the credit or they can exercise their right to refuse the return.

If the bonus credit is worth significantly more than the game, I usually just sell the game online for the $20ish loss. Still come out way ahead.

HI, quick question for anyone that knows. I went today and traded in a bunch of games I had collecting dust, and my launch ps4 for the uncharted bundle, all said and done I have $337 credit left. He gave me a gamestop "trade credit" card with the credit on it, which I assume is just a gift card. Now I havn't traded anything in, in quite a while but use to my credit would just go onto my powerup rewards account, I wouldn't get a gift card, has that changed or did he do it wrong?

HI, quick question for anyone that knows. I went today and traded in a bunch of games I had collecting dust, and my launch ps4 for the uncharted bundle, all said and done I have $337 credit left. He gave me a gamestop "trade credit" card with the credit on it, which I assume is just a gift card. Now I havn't traded anything in, in quite a while but use to my credit would just go onto my powerup rewards account, I wouldn't get a gift card, has that changed or did he do it wrong?
It's better to have your credit on a trade credit card than your PUR card, so no they didn't do it wrong, they did you a favor.

It doesn't matter either way, but trade credit is different than a gift card. I actually like my trade credit on a completely separate card. Some states don't charge taxes if you use trade credit (like Texas).

Ok cool thanks, how does this card work? If I go trade in more can it be added to this card instead of my PUR account?
On your next trade, tell them you want to put it on your card and they will have u swipe it and give you a receipt with the balance on it.

Mind=blown at using my trade in credit for an eBay gift card. Waiting on my Best Buy eGift card to come through to grab some eShop credit. Definitely need to get a second round of games from the MS store tomorrow

How'd u get it for 7
It was an "as is" copy, not a regular clearance copy. I believe "as is" Target merchandise consists of online returns. I wanted to keep the game since its regular MSRP is $39.99, but after trying a few races, I decided it just wasn't for me. Good luck to any CAG who finds a $7 copy at Target, but I think it was just a combination of a fluke and dumb luck on my part.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back