GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
I haven't come across a store that has a problem with the GCs being digital (you can add your paper gc to gyft app or something similar) they just scan it from my phone.

I guess all the paper is an issue? And you have a store that hates you, since they will ever so love taking a hit on a $375 return for their daily sales?
I don't see how that affects them, it was a sale done online. If their system can't differentiate between a returned purchase bought at the same location or a returned purchase bought from gamestop.com I'll just use a couple of close stores.

I haven't come across a store that has a problem with the GCs being digital (you can add your paper gc to gyft app or something similar) they just scan it from my phone.
I don't want to raise any flags trying to make a purchase with 10 small denomination gift cards.

you can consolidate the gift cards on Gamestop.com fyi.
How?

you can consolidate the gift cards on Gamestop.com fyi.
How? By purchasing a large denomination e-GC?

*edit* On the payment page it looks like gift cards can be used to pay for e-GCs. Has anyone had a purchase successfully go through using this method?

Is there a place to find GameStop's values for retro games? And is it modern retro like PS2 and GameCube or old school retro like the NES and Genesis?
Call them, and it's mostly any popular older game (anything that sells for more than $15 is fair game, even OG Xbox). They even take accessories, but not memory cards.

There's no directory, an employee should be able to help you though if it's not a million games.

hulk-smash_o_1324121.jpg

Not all places require ID for trade in, so if he used his friend's account and didn't have to show ID there would be no way for it to be tracked to his main account.
Yeah, I've never had to show ID at all. But they do stare at me intensely when I'm giving them my phone number for my account. I guess that's their form of a polygraph :\. It's very creepy....

Yeah, I've never had to show ID at all. But they do stare at me intensely when I'm giving them my phone number for my account. I guess that's their form of a polygraph :\. It's very creepy....
Wtf lol where do you live? You have to be 18 to trade in so how do they confirm?

Wtf lol where do you live? You have to be 18 to trade in so how do they confirm?
I live in Houston, TX. I clearly look older than 18 though. It all depends on your state laws regarding pawn shops I think, and I think they are also more lenient if you are trading in for store credit vs cash.

I live in Houston, TX. I clearly look older than 18 though. It all depends on your state laws regarding pawn shops I think, and I think they are also more lenient if you are trading in for store credit vs cash.
yeah, different states have different laws. at our game store we can only do cash trades with a proof of ID for tax purposes

How? By purchasing a large denomination e-GC?

*edit* On the payment page it looks like gift cards can be used to pay for e-GCs. Has anyone had a purchase successfully go through using this method?
Did this a couple weeks ago. The transaction took a few hours to go through though and I had to add $1 to the value (paid with CC) to make it work.

But I had permission D:
I still call bullshit on it and if you're in such dire need to work around trade limits per month, get yourself a second account that's all your own and stop "borrowing" the accounts of your friends and use up their trade allotments per month.

I don't see how that affects them, it was a sale done online. If their system can't differentiate between a returned purchase bought at the same location or a returned purchase bought from gamestop.com I'll just use a couple of close stores.

I don't want to raise any flags trying to make a purchase with 10 small denomination gift cards.
First off, if you show up and make a $375 return to a store, it's going to take an ugly hit on their daily sales and the SL is going to see that when reviewing their store's daily sales. It's a dick move IMO, though there's nothing against you doing it.

Also, I have no idea how you think that a red flag is going to go up when you're going to use 10 small denomination gift cards, since it's just payment being posted for a purchase. If you think it is, then that's your opinion, though AFAIK, there's nothing red flag-worthy to think about using that many gift cards on a purchase.

Not all places require ID for trade in, so if he used his friend's account and didn't have to show ID there would be no way for it to be tracked to his main account.
I got asked once for my ID, out of probably 5-6 separate trade ins.

Take the stuff that came in yesterday and unload them today. You dont need us for that...now if its your diaper you want changed, thats another thing...
He might want to wait until Wednesday for the highest trade values.

Also, I have no idea how you think that a red flag is going to go up when you're going to use 10 small denomination gift cards, since it's just payment being posted for a purchase. If you think it is, then that's your opinion, though AFAIK, there's nothing red flag-worthy to think about using that many gift cards on a purchase.
I think what some of us are thinking about are the situations where you attempt to buy a POSA card and swipe the card reader as if you're swiping a credit card. Whenever I cash out towards an eBay card, I just swipe my trade card discreetly in the case the employee would normally block my form of payment. In the past, I've been denied after handing over my egiftcards when the employee would realize I was cashing out.

Did this a couple weeks ago. The transaction took a few hours to go through though and I had to add $1 to the value (paid with CC) to make it work.
Good tip thanks.

I didn't see this listed in the FAQ, but do the current prices on the website include the 50% bonus? I want to trade in Uncharted 4, Until Dawn, Fallout 4, and Tearaway. The prices are decent if I add another 50%, but if the currently listed prices include the 50% I think I'll pass.

I think what some of us are thinking about are the situations where you attempt to buy a POSA card and swipe the card reader as if you're swiping a credit card. Whenever I cash out towards an eBay card, I just swipe my trade card discreetly in the case the employee would normally block my form of payment. In the past, I've been denied after handing over my egiftcards when the employee would realize I was cashing out.
Aha. That would explain it, since I'm not one going and buying POSA cards at GS regularly. Last time I did that was during Tradepocalypse last summer and not since. In that case, yes, you might not want to have it be 10 scanned gift cards, you'd want it to be one swipe-able gift card.

Still doing the return in-store for $375 is going to be a bad hit on that store's daily sales. All depends on how your moral compass points on that one about it being a "bad" thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back