GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I was going to hang onto the xbox one console, then just trade these games in now since there is the good bonus. I'm just wondering if you think I should get the pre order in on the console now or wait. If they do have a bonus for trading in a og xbox one towards the new xbox one s and I already have it pre ordered I should be able to get the bonus still if I trade my xbox one towards it then right?

Yeah, I've never had to show ID at all. But they do stare at me intensely when I'm giving them my phone number for my account. I guess that's their form of a polygraph :\. It's very creepy....
Confirmed, FUN SIDE FACt, you can also tell if someone is a replicant through the same means.

Interesting. What color are the cards?
Blue and white

AgwZ2PX.jpg

Welp looks like I'll be taking another trip to GS in the morning to see if mine has those Amazon cards. Wish I had more than 1 local GS because the employees know me too well now.

Is there any way to check on what select redbox locations have in stock for pre-owned? The closes one i just went to had nothing but black ops 3 in there -_-....about to take the trip to another, anything I should be looking for in particular thats a decent flip?

If anyone is in Seminole County, FL I found out that this is the last day the Gamestop at the Altamonte Mall will be open.  Apparently Gamestop and the mall couldn't agree to the cost of rent (there is almost always some sort of crowd in there).  I've been around long enough to remember getting games at Waldenbooks, Babbages, and Electronics Boutique.  Shoot....I remember when they had red carpet in the mall!

The purpose of me saying this....they have (for 30 more minutes) flyers with the coupon for 20% off a purchase at the West Town Centers (also located in  Altamonte) location.  The gentleman I spoke with at the other GS stated it would work with old products AND new products (it stipulates not for gift cards/consoles/a few other things).  He said no on preorders and also didn't think it would work with reward certificates (can anyone verify if the latter is true?) The code on the flyers I got was the same on each page: EBC3007598.  It should only be valid theer.    Lake Mary is my home turf but I MAY stop by there tomorrow (the coupon expires after Sunday) if you want an actual sheet.

Amzn/kindle cards have been talked about to death already. But I just wanted to keep the convo going. I live in north Alabama and most of the stores here will have them. I had the associate try them and he was baffled why it wouldn't work and went to pull another. So I will be good on gas or eBay cards for awhile until they yank them in the computer system.

Traded the following tonight:

Skyrim: Legendary Edition (360) - $12.80
Sims 3 Pets (3DS) - $14.40
Resident Evil: Revelations (3DS) - $8.00
Third party PS3 wired headset - $4.80
Third party 360 wired headset - $2.40

I figured out before I left home that I could install the DLCs from the Skyrim discs on my hard drive since I already had a vanilla digital copy and off it went. The funny thing was that the headsets were in the original baggies and the store manager asked if they were stolen. I said no. He said that was good enough for him! Bought a $20 PSN card for the current flash sale and banked the rest.

Is there any way to check on what select redbox locations have in stock for pre-owned? The closes one i just went to had nothing but black ops 3 in there -_-....about to take the trip to another, anything I should be looking for in particular thats a decent flip?
Yes the redbox website has really been improved in regards to finding games for sale. You can search for specific titles or search all the titles on sale at a specific redbox. It seems to update real time as well from what I've seen.

For flips there are a ton.... I just got back from stocking up again.

I was able to buy 2 $100 visa gift cards today. He was also telling me that I could get Amazon cards, but didn't need any. The guy was also telling me when I checked out, that starting next week we won't be able to buy gas, amazon, or eBay cards. He said that was the word from corporate.

I was able to buy 2 $100 visa gift cards today. He was also telling me that I could get Amazon cards, but didn't need any. The guy was also telling me when I checked out, that starting next week we won't be able to buy gas, amazon, or eBay cards. He said that was the word from corporate.
If this is true, let's pray it's still alive tomorrow.

Just bought a 2DS lot off of someone local with a bunch of first party Nintendo games. Holy crap at what these are bringing,

Looks like I'll have to make another trip tomorrow lol

Anyone who still can buy amazon GCs should get them and may be paypal them here...or get GS gc back, too - for even money please.

Lots of people can't get Amazon GC anymore so it will be a service to your fellow CAGs...you know, the friendly people who polite ask you to reading the fucking OP?! :p :D

Well I can officially confirm that the trade-in limit cap before a ban has to be at least $2k in a rolling 30 day period.  I just got back from doing my test trades and I'm not banned after hitting $1965 total traded during the May stealth bonus/50% stack and other trades earlier that month.  I know we have been ballparking the ban cap figure for a while now, so at least we know for sure that we should be good if we stay under $2k. Happy hunting everyone. 

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back