GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I can officially confirm that the trade-in limit cap before a ban has to be at least $2k in a rolling 30 day period. I just got back from doing my test trades and I'm not banned after hitting $1965 total traded during the May stealth bonus/50% stack and other trades earlier that month. I know we have been ballparking the ban cap figure for a while now, so at least we know for sure that we should be good if we stay under $2k. Happy hunting everyone.
Thanks for the confirmation. I was gonna test it, but this months lack of a stealth bump stopped me.

Walmart has wii party u for 24$ the game and wii u motions plus trade in for $36.80. Target had them clearances out at 25$ in March as well.

I was trading in controllers and thr guy hit me with a refurb fee. I said whats that for. He said "because we have to send them to the warehouse". I said "why would i have to pay for that?". To which he said "policy". It was the first time i experienced that. But i immediately took them back and traded them at another store with no fuckfee
Must've been Deader. Burn him ;)

True... but now I only have Batman and Rainbow Six Siege physically lol
Well this time around, doubt I have much of anything either. Just going to trade a MK X at least, making my personal copy a buck (from when target had the b1g2) or may trade it too at another store.

Does anyone know if they carry Best Buy gift cards? This may be a dumb question but I'd like to turn my $200 in GS credit into a BBY gift card.

Looks like Uncharted 4 got a bump today. $25 base tiv

Could someone tell me what the DS4 tradein price is. I thought  a couple of people in this thread said they got more than what the online tiv checker said.  Thanks

Traded the following tonight:

Third party 360 wired headset - $2.40.
Website lists $1.50 base TIV for a first party headset. Still going to trade in mine because it's literally useless now.

I'm note sure I can bring myself to trade in my wireless 360 controllers. I have the MS Windows adapter and I lovingly modified their Dpads oh so long ago...

Website lists $1.50 base TIV for a first party headset. Still going to trade in mine because it's literally useless now.

I'm note sure I can bring myself to trade in my wireless 360 controllers. I have the MS Windows adapter and I lovingly modified their Dpads oh so long ago...
Yeah, the headsets I traded in were a crappy brand called Gioteck that came in a value pack that Target sold with a prepackaged value game 2 or 3 years ago. I bought the sets on clearance for $5.98 back then and never opened them. I still have the factory sealed copies of Grand Theft Auto IV for 360 and Call of Duty Black Ops for PS3 that they came with because GameStop offered next to nothing in trade for those games. And I'd keep the controllers if I were you since you might want to boot up the 360 again someday, but that's just me. I'm a bit of a hoarder, I guess.

About ready to head out on my last day of redbox --> Gamestop flips.  So far I've spent $233 and ended up with $463 in credit.  I have another 8 games to trade in that aren't included in those totals and am going to go on 1 more run today.  Doubled my money so far. 

Some of the winners so far have been (values are including the 50% trade bonus and the 10% PUR Pro bonus):

Battlefield Hardline (PS3) $5.99 --->> 14.40
Elder Scrolls Online, The (XB1/PS4) $8.99 --->> 16.00

Final Fantasy X/X2 (PS4) $5.99 --->> 19.20

Halo: The Master Chief Collection (XB1) $8.99 --->> 20.80

MLB 15 The Show (PS3) $5.99 --->> 12.80

Sniper Elite III Afrika (XB1/PS4) $5.99  --->> 11.20
Spongebob Heropants (X360) $5.99 --->> 12.80
State of Decay: Year One Survival Edition (XB1) $5.99 --->> 19.20
Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection (PS4) $13.99  --->> 20.80

Others that give a few $
Adventure Time: Finn and Jake Investigations (XB1/PS4) $8.99
God of War III Remastered (PS4) $8.99
Kung Fu Panda: The Showdown of Legendary Legends (XB1/PS4) $8.99

Might be worth your time if you're going anyway, but sometimes not worth putting up $ for these if you're on a limited budget.  Money is best spent on the other ones with a bigger return. Remember, 4 per title per platform is the "unwritten" limit. I've stayed at 3 per title but will probably go to 4 today if I find any out on my run.  1 title per platform per store per day is usually the max.  And as always YMMV but this is pretty standard I've seen.

I've bought some stuff for my daughter as I've gone along (PvZ2 shirts are 3.99 clearance and she loves that game, some FNAF stuff too) and left positive feedback for sales associates.  Keeping the good karma going!

Remember today's the last day for the 50% bonus unless you do the preorder deal Monday and Tuesday. Better off going today!

About ready to head out on my last day of redbox --> Gamestop flips. So far I've spent $233 and ended up with $463 in credit. I have another 8 games to trade in that aren't included in those totals and am going to go on 1 more run today. Doubled my money so far.

Some of the winners so far have been (values are including the 50% trade bonus and the 10% PUR Pro bonus):

Battlefield Hardline (PS3) $5.99 --->> 14.40
Elder Scrolls Online, The (XB1/PS4) $8.99 --->> 16.00

Final Fantasy X/X2 (PS4) $5.99 --->> 19.20

Halo: The Master Chief Collection (XB1) $8.99 --->> 20.80

MLB 15 The Show (PS3) $5.99 --->> 12.80

Sniper Elite III Afrika (XB1/PS4) $5.99 --->> 11.20
Spongebob Heropants (X360) $5.99 --->> 12.80
State of Decay: Year One Survival Edition (XB1) $5.99 --->> 19.20
Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection (PS4) $13.99 --->> 20.80

Others that give a few $
Adventure Time: Finn and Jake Investigations (XB1/PS4) $8.99
God of War III Remastered (PS4) $8.99
Kung Fu Panda: The Showdown of Legendary Legends (XB1/PS4) $8.99

Might be worth your time if you're going anyway, but sometimes not worth putting up $ for these if you're on a limited budget. Money is best spent on the other ones with a bigger return. Remember, 4 per title per platform is the "unwritten" limit. I've stayed at 3 per title but will probably go to 4 today if I find any out on my run. 1 title per platform per store per day is usually the max. And as always YMMV but this is pretty standard I've seen.

I've bought some stuff for my daughter as I've gone along (PvZ2 shirts are 3.99 clearance and she loves that game, some FNAF stuff too) and left positive feedback for sales associates. Keeping the good karma going!

Remember today's the last day for the 50% bonus unless you do the preorder deal Monday and Tuesday. Better off going today!
Godspeed my friend! I'm also going for my 4th trade-in of Alien: Isolation at the same store but if, and only if, a different associate checks me out. I'll also be trading in the other games I managed to remove the Redbox sticker, lets see how that goes...

Any ideas why the ps4 preowned dead island remaster is so much cheaper than Xbox one version? Ps4 preowned is 17.99 while XB1 is 35.99 preowned. I'm wondering if it's buggy or if anyone has any info on the price difference on the two?

Any ideas why the ps4 preowned dead island remaster is so much cheaper than Xbox one version? Ps4 preowned is 17.99 while XB1 is 35.99 preowned. I'm wondering if it's buggy or if anyone has any info on the price difference on the two?
ps4 only has the first dead island on the disc, rest is downloaded. surprised gs is actually looking out ha

Just completed my last run of the sale. Here's what I sold:

Resident Evil 2 for N64 (beat up nasty cart) $13.60
Jet Force Gemini for N64 $4.80
Wii AV cable (worthless sinc I use a component cable) $2.81

All prices are with 50% bonus and PUR. Surprise they denied me on RE4 for Gamecube. Figured they would have paid something for it.

Just when I thought I was done, traded 2 Amiibo for Pokemon White 2, Pokemon Platinum, and LoZ Majoras Mask. Looks like one final trip to GS to wrap up this 50% bonus.

Seems like Garden Warfare 2 got bumped up a to $32 with the bonus, it tanked on Friday. I might trade it in as I feel like that title will be heavily discounted soon. 

I tried to get Visa gift cards, and I was too late unfortunately, they wouldn't let me go through with it and I went to all 3 stores in my area and they all denied me and my stores didn't have Amazon or eBay Cards. So I got a boatload of PSN credit, and did the Uncharted Promo, that the bumbling GS employees didn't even know about. My days at GS are over unless there's something incredibly niche I can't find on Amazon for a resonable price, end of an era man.

Darmstar, the visas wouldn't ring up? Also what area you in.
I'm in the middle TN area. Also, both clerks said that you can't get PSN Month membership with trade credit either, they said they haven't done away with it yet though, so i was able to get one, but they straight denied me on Visas instantly, and like I stated, no Amazon or eBay cards either in area, I would go further out but I think 3 GS's are more than enough.

Just got back from trading my games in and pre ordering the new Xbox One S 2tb! Got $260 and I was able to keep most of my favorite games so I still have stuff to play. Lol Then when it gets closer to release date I still got my launch xbox one to trade in towards it for the rest. Can't wait for August 31st! Now to try to stock up on some 4k movies to watch when I get it!

curses . shouldn't have traded in yesterday,   teaches me not to read what i'm writing, or else i'll be corrected later on in the thread!    most of the games i traded in got a bump.    booo!

I'm in the middle TN area. Also, both clerks said that you can't get PSN Month membership with trade credit either, they said they haven't done away with it yet though, so i was able to get one, but they straight denied me on Visas instantly, and like I stated, no Amazon or eBay cards either in area, I would go further out but I think 3 GS's are more than enough.
lol, it's only corporate policy that Visas aren't to be bought with trade credit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back