GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
Not saying me, Im saying everyone in general. You do realize that the exploitation is why values tank so much right? Its simple supply and demand. All im saying is im sick of the same people over and over being like YES!!! I just flipped a bunch of stuff to gamestop for 1000 dollars. Then two days later they are like....WTF these values suck. Gamestop sucks. I hate gamestop. Then 2 months down the line when values go up again and they run another promo. WOOOO I fuckING LOVE GAMESTOP I MADE 1000 bucks. its fucking stupid and redundant. And fact is we all are the reason values tank being cheapassgamers. It sure isnt the normal soccer moms that frequent gamestop. Its CAGs and people on sites like Slickdeals that cause it. So all I am trying to get across to people is either exploit shit and live with it when values go down and stop fucking crying about it, or dont do it, you cannot have it both damn ways.
ac8e1ad7913ab7e7e2aa773b658cc68c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Let's not talk about trading on the Gamestop trading and promos thread anymore, let's talk about... Uh... Overwatch? Street Fighter V? Anyone hype for Balrog?
I'm pretty bummed that they made his Bull headbutt into a v-reversal. His vtrig is interesting because it looks like his Sf4 ultra but it looks more like a rekka. He has a Falcon Punch now which is pretty cool.

Let's not talk about trading on the Gamestop trading and promos thread anymore, let's talk about... Uh... Overwatch? Street Fighter V? Anyone hype for Balrog?
Definitely hyped for Rog and Juri, I got rid of SFV a little while back to order the collector's edition for $48 off Amazon which is coming next week. It'll hold me over until KIng of Fighters XIV comes out, then it's over lol.

I am gonna say something here because quite frankly I am sick and tired of seeing every 3rd freaking post whine and complain about trade in values. First things first, I in no way work for Gamestop or quite frankly dont give a flying fuck about gamestop but here are the facts. You people continually complain about how low trade in values of a game are yet whenever there is a 50% bonus or the trade in values are up a bit you are the same people buying 10 of the same game at best buy or redbox, or whatever to "flip" then you wonder why the values tank like a rock. Newsflash we as CAGs are not the only group of people whom know how to exploit something. So guess what either get over it, get a goddamn job, or live with what you can get. The more you people exploit the system, the less and less things will happen. You are the only ones hurting values noone else.
Not saying me, Im saying everyone in general. You do realize that the exploitation is why values tank so much right? Its simple supply and demand. All im saying is im sick of the same people over and over being like YES!!! I just flipped a bunch of stuff to gamestop for 1000 dollars. Then two days later they are like....WTF these values suck. Gamestop sucks. I hate gamestop. Then 2 months down the line when values go up again and they run another promo. WOOOO I fuckING LOVE GAMESTOP I MADE 1000 bucks. its fucking stupid and redundant. And fact is we all are the reason values tank being cheapassgamers. It sure isnt the normal soccer moms that frequent gamestop. Its CAGs and people on sites like Slickdeals that cause it. So all I am trying to get across to people is either exploit shit and live with it when values go down and stop fucking crying about it, or dont do it, you cannot have it both damn ways.
tumblr_nesxmkxM4v1ttma2yo1_250.gif

Need to bring the focus back to fast food like last time. Has anyone had the Cheetos Mac and cheese from Burger King? I can't tell if it will be delicious or awful.

Need to bring the focus back to fast food like last time. Has anyone had the Cheetos Mac and cheese from Burger King? I can't tell if it will be delicious or awful.
I don't think it has hit my city yet but I can't wait to try them.

I'm still waiting for this to come over here from Taco Bell

3050760_inline_i_1_naked_chicken_taco.jpg

Yes and they are awesome, I mean I think they are at least.

And I don't think people were complaining that much about the TiV drops. *shrug* Just the usual stuff we see and honestly it isn't that bad.

Ugh, I have 4 AC adapters left and I'm not sure if I want to have overrides on the rest of them. Hoping on the plane to Seattle tomorrow, guess I could just pack them and do a out of state trade. I just might be better off sitting on them..decisions decisions

Ugh, I have 4 AC adapters left and I'm not sure if I want to have overrides on the rest of them. Hoping on the plane to Seattle tomorrow, guess I could just pack them and do a out of state trade. I just might be better off sitting on them..decisions decisions
Maybe just sit on them till the next 50%. That way you don't have to lug them all around town. :)

IMO, there's been a bunch of people complaining about the GC's being dropped.  Like:  I'm not gonna go to Lamestop anymore if I can't buy Ebay/Amazon cards with my trade credit.

This amuses me!  I mean, were these people even around like up until 6 months ago when we had to use "credit movers" to move credit between stores?

You know damn well the next time there is a profitable trade in bonus you will participate, Ebay cards or not!

It was better than I thought. Tasted pretty good where you get mac and chees taste followed by the cheetos taste. Pretty decent overall, though maybe not amazing. Still better than other random limited time food I've tried before.

This amuses me! I mean, were these people even around like up until 6 months ago when we had to use "credit movers" to move credit between stores?
Back in my day we had to buy games to trade back and forth between stores. Being able to get eBay cards is like a golden ticket to the world.

If anyone has eBay moneyz and is looking out for the next TIV promo or just needs a new PS4 controller I seen these on eBay for $35.99 same guys that were selling the Xbox One controller last week - http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sony-DualShock-4-Wireless-Controller-for-PlayStation-4-PS4-Jet-Black-/172252833433
Just bought $150 in eBay so this is perfect. I've been using grips because my left stick is peeling away, which was my 2nd one from launch and they both did it. I gotta stay sharp for Overwatch!

Also, I just got an email that told me that discounted game stop gift cards we got on eBay recently are going to be paper and mine were sent today.

Kinda miss the old days, it was a real grind sometimes but I miss going to BBY to trade. Now I only ever go there to buy games to flip right back to GS
Hell, how about the days of going to Blockbuster with a list in hand, and then taking those games to Gamestop with a different list in hand and then back to a different blockbuster to trade and buy more games to take to the next Gamestop down the line. On one day, I ended up leaving the last Blockbuster with 2 Nintendo DS (XL?)s and a 40GB PS3, after about 3 hours of driving around and little to no cash out of pocket (aside from gas).

To anyone trading in non-OEM power bricks, I understand this is cheap ass gamer and everyone tries to out cheap everyone else and I'm not even going to mention moral compass - just tell us which location you traded it in at and the rest of us will avoid it like a plague.

Let a random dudes house catch on fire, who cares; at least the fellow CAGs house stands, right?

Hell, how about the days of going to Blockbuster with a list in hand, and then taking those games to Gamestop with a different list in hand and then back to a different blockbuster to trade and buy more games to take to the next Gamestop down the line. On one day, I ended up leaving the last Blockbuster with 2 Nintendo DS (XL?)s and a 40GB PS3, after about 3 hours of driving around and little to no cash out of pocket (aside from gas).
For me, this was in 2010. :(

To anyone trading in non-OEM power bricks, I understand this is cheap ass gamer and everyone tries to out cheap everyone else and I'm not even going to mention moral compass - just tell us which location you traded it in at and the rest of us will avoid it like a plague.

Let a random dudes house catch on fire, who cares; at least the fellow CAGs house stands, right?
I know I asked this twice before but can anyone post a article or articles about fires caused by power bricks? Besides the old 2008 incident which was official.

To be fair, it's on the buyer to understand the risks and check what they're buying. And I'd say most of us understand that.

I know I asked this twice before but can anyone post a article or articles about fires caused by power bricks? Besides the old 2008 incident which was official.
Well you can always buy bigjohns brick and power your 360. Write the article after you use it for few days, may be. I know I will read it for sure.

:D

For me, this was in 2010. :(
'07 for me (maybe early 08). I remember spending a weekend driving all over the state of Michigan, hitting every blockbuster, and getting enough credit for 2 Playstation 3's, a dsi XL and a laptop off gamestop.com.

It's an opinion, which I'm entitled to go on about as long as I'd like. ;)

If you don't lose the customer, good for you, though in my opinion, it's a shitty practice and preying on customers who don't know enough to make a stink about it.

Just reminds me to bring my own TV with me if I trade in a Wii system, so you guys can to test it. :wall:
The GS locations in STL all have new, tiny HD screens that have both composite & HDMI hookups.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back