GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
So I called back that GS and now he put the item on hold for me, despite it supposedly being on hold for someone else three hours ago. Yet he says he can't ship it to a closer store because they just did an inventory and can't ship things for a week? Are they just BSing me? Sounds very shady
How about you just go buy the damn game instead of constantly bitching. Also weren't you just whining about the hold concept...yet now you have the game on hold?

Ive never had any luck getting a gs to ship from one store to another.
I've done it once for a Vita game. There seems to be a convoluted rulebook behind it, mostly fueled by both stores' desires to do it. I think as long as it is a smaller item and maybe not a store's last copy of a popular item, AND the store you are dealing with is friendly to you, then maybe you'll have success.

maybe BSing you to try to buy from his store to increase their sales numbers?
Could very well be the case

Ive never had any luck getting a gs to ship from one store to another.
I've never had an issue doing it but I've never dealt with this store before

How about you just go buy the damn game instead of constantly bitching. Also weren't you just whining about the hold concept...yet now you have the game on hold?
1. It's not a game
2. It's 70 miles away and wouldn't be worth it with gas
3. He put it on hold for me as consolation for not shipping it, I didn't ask
4. Learn the definition of bitching

Why is it that I got Splinter Cell Conviction :360: for a dollar used the other day? I see that it is still listed as $4.96 . That game doesn't get a good TIV anyways but the prices from the website may not be reflecting in store pricing.
All of the $4.96-priced games are cheaper than that in-store.

Why is it that I got Splinter Cell Conviction :360: for a dollar used the other day? I see that it is still listed as $4.96 . That game doesn't get a good TIV anyways but the prices from the website may not be reflecting in store pricing.
Prices ending in 6 usually have a different in-store price.

Edit Vig beat me to it.

This may have already been mentioned but there is a page showing $25 extra trade credit towards Pokémon products. It seems like an incredible trade-in deal from what I can tell, so I must be missing something. There are games on the list that trade in for less than $25 so you would be more than doubling your trade value in a lot of cases. Obviously, you're limited on what you can buy (supposedly), but they do list iTunes and Google Play GC's. Specifically, my son was interested in trading in Pokémon X for a newer Pokémon game and this looks like it would make the new game free if the base trade value holds up.

http://www.gamestop.com/trade#25pokemon
Thanks for posting this link, but is there a list of eligible games or can anything get a 25% bump towards the Google Play cards? I could give a damn about Pokemon Go, but I could use a few more games on my Shield TV.

Sorry. Just saw the list.

Yes $4.96 is the web price only and since I pull the prices from the web there's nothing can do about them. Just as people have said before $4.96 is usually $0.99-$3.99 in store.

Thanks for posting this link, but is there a list of eligible games or can anything get a 25% bump towards the Google Play cards? I could give a damn about Pokemon Go, but I could use a few more games on my Shield TV.

Sorry. Just saw the list.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1QHes9WjTbQvu-uB5Bkp_cwrKtJtZiqANFr_RfwvzkYs/edit#gid=1737428811

Why so butthurt? Pokemom Go keeps crashing for you?

Why so butthurt? Parents won't let you use the car until you clean the basement and finish your social disorder classes? Don't worry...the item will show up at your local gamestop one day. You can get your middle aged 'friend' to bring you but only if you do him a favor.

So I called back that GS and now he put the item on hold for me, despite it supposedly being on hold for someone else three hours ago. Yet he says he can't ship it to a closer store because they just did an inventory and can't ship things for a week? Are they just BSing me? Sounds very shady
1. It's not a game
2. It's 70 miles away and wouldn't be worth it with gas
3. He put it on hold for me as consolation for not shipping it, I didn't ask
4. Learn the definition of bitching
How about whining? That seems to fit you. I would also go with being a brat.
Why so butthurt? Pokemom Go keeps crashing for you?
Why so butthurt? Parents won't let you use the car until you clean the basement and finish your social disorder classes? Don't worry...the item will show up at your local gamestop one day. You can get your middle aged 'friend' to bring you but only if you do him a favor.
This is much better than working, keep it up fellas.

Well between the pokemon promo and the 15% off, if you can find a store with 3 copies of pokemon platinum and trade it toward something on the pokemon list, you will make $1.26 per copy. That's the only positive boomerang, and pretty much useless because you can't trade in multiple copies of the same game at once. Unless you want to make 3 purchase-returns.

Anyone else notice a small uptick of spelling mistakes on Gamestop.com

$25 Trade Credit Towad Select Pokemon Products When You Trade-In Select Games

trade at a leser value

My store had flyers out, cash same as credit 7/18 to 8/14. So earlier than we heard I guess.
tumblr_n8i6ofY0SE1sped3xo1_500.gif

[quote name="BlackRockWaifu" post="13402342" timestamp="1468547271"]

Idk, I think in my school, academic dishonesty is the worst.[/quote

Only if they catch you.

REally? Wow. That's not too bad actually. The trade in value is fixed so no worry about it dropping. I can trade in (for example) 10 different eligible games for $25 each towards a $10 Google Play card if I understand the promo right. And get $240 trade credit and the $10 card. Am I missing something? I hope not.

Like your grades in school[emoji12]
Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk
Please, there's nothing lower than F's right? Right?!?!
Incomplete
Idk, I think in my school, academic dishonesty is the worst.
You guys still go to school?

I thought this thread was for doubtful-aged people whose lives revolve around them fliparoonies to sustain our ever-growing families and expensive hobbies, cuz remember:

eat the flip
be the flip
flip the flip
;)

I remember reading in one of the posts here that if something ends in a 6 online for example 4.96 it can be cheaper in store? Is that true if so there is a 360 game ive wanted to play for a long time might go see how much it is in store.

I remember reading in one of the posts here that if something ends in a 6 online for example 4.96 it can be cheaper in store? Is that true if so there is a 360 game ive wanted to play for a long time might go see how much it is in store.
You can see in store price by going through putting an online hold. When you are at the hold screen where it asks for your info and such you will see 2 price points. One is the online price and the other will be the in store price. Most of the time a game selling for $4.96 has a different price in store.

Well, my local Gamestop have gotten rid of their Amazon gift cards. Good friend there said corporate caught on to the trade in credit used for gift cards but said the main reason is theft. People would steal games and trade them in than use that credit to buy gas cards and the like. I'm sure there are many reasons to not allow TIC on gift cards though. Surprised it didn't go a long time ago actually.

Either way, I'll miss trading in $1k worth of games and immediately getting Amazon credit. Guess I can still do that and buy games directly from Gamestop... but damn full price games, how I hate thee though!

REally? Wow. That's not too bad actually. The trade in value is fixed so no worry about it dropping. I can trade in (for example) 10 different eligible games for $25 each towards a $10 Google Play card if I understand the promo right. And get $240 trade credit and the $10 card. Am I missing something? I hope not.
Can someone confirmed this? I do have a few games that are part of the 25 trade in credit list. But as I read the terms, it looks like it saids one trade in game toward one pokemon product.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back