GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure if this applies everywhere, but I tried to convert two $50 GS gift cards into Ebay gift cards at a GS in NVA, and the POS system wouldn't allow it. I'm sorry if this was mentioned previously in the thread, but is this a new restriction? I was able to do it about a month ago, but GS seems to have eliminated the option.

Not sure if this applies everywhere, but I tried to convert two $50 GS gift cards into Ebay gift cards at a GS in NVA, and the POS system wouldn't allow it. I'm sorry if this was mentioned previously in the thread, but is this a new restriction? I was able to do it about a month ago, but GS seems to have eliminated the option.
Depends on your location. Where are you located?

You sure? I did it a while back in Fairfax County. I know that Loundon has stricter rules like ID with each trade in and cashier's generally block Gift Cards.

Update on the 20% trade bonus towards collectibles. Picked up a 1.47 small figure they keep at front. Works towards the bonus. So there are cheap items to choose from.

You sure? I did it a while back in Fairfax County. I know that Loundon has stricter rules like ID with each trade in and cashier's generally block Gift Cards.
Yes, the GS employee tried to process the order (two $50 ebay GCs), but at the payment selection page on his POS system, paying by GS GC was ghosted out (not available). I'm going to try another GS tomorrow where I had success previously. I live in Springfield so there are plenty of GS stores around.

so besides the collectibles, are you guys putting $5 toward Song of the Deep to get 20% TIV bonus?

I wonder if they let me cancel the $5 later since it will be on the same receipt that shows I received the promo bonus

so besides the collectibles, are you guys putting $5 toward Song of the Deep to get 20% TIV bonus?
I wonder if they let me cancel the $5 later since it will be on the same receipt that shows I received the promo bonus
Song of the deep is out. You'd be paying $15 for it. Just buy a $2 collectible or something.

Traded in 2x transformers X1, 2x transformers PS4, 1x samurai warriors 4 PS4, and 4x Nobunaga PS4 to best buy for about a $73 profit. Converted it to ebay while there. I realized on the way home that the lady at best buy rang up an extra copy of Nobunaga and, while a free $30 is great, I hope that doesn't get me banned :(

Traded in 2x transformers X1, 2x transformers PS4, 1x samurai warriors 4 PS4, and 4x Nobunaga PS4 to best buy for about a $73 profit. Converted it to ebay while there. I realized on the way home that the lady at best buy rang up an extra copy of Nobunaga and, while a free $30 is great, I hope that doesn't get me banned :(
which transformers did you trade there are many?

if I was you, I would tell customer service, but that just me :)

Pretty sure the limit at BBY is 3x per game per system per year. I know before if you went over the limit they would ban you eventually (I know because I was banned for a year over 1 game getting traded in 4x), but who knows if they still do that anymore.

I must have traded in about 5-6 copies of GTA V to Best Buy in a month one time. GCU account is still standing strong. Also traded in 4 Mirror's Edge Catalysts in one day. I just may wear my "I Love New York" shirt after all...

Guys, I might be SOL here but has anyone of you had any issues returning an online order to a BestBuy store? I purchased several pre-owned games in advance last week for full price ($9.99 each game) in hopes to return them to store only to repurchase them using the b1g1 offer for this week so they would come out to $4.99 each instead. Long story short, I wasn't able to return a game apparently since the item was "no longer in the system". This message popped up upon scanning my game, which I saw myself. They told me they couldn't do a return on them since they were preowned and a whole bunch of BS. However, I told them I was well within the return period and that I had returned preowned items without any issues in the past. Manager suggested I could buy another $9.99 game for half the price which kinda defeats the whole purpose of the B1G1 offer -_-'

They only gave me two options: I could only trade them in, to which I replied to myself with a silent " fuck that" or that I would most likely be able to return them by mail but according to the terms I believe I would have to pay postage and well... I'm as cheap as it gets! ;)

All jokes aside, this sucks big time since my order has not arrived entirely and flipping to GS isn't really an option since I paid $8.99 for each game, it would be a totally different case if each game was $4.50 though.

Is there anything I can do? Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

As always, thanks fellow CAGs!

I must have traded in about 5-6 copies of GTA V to Best Buy in a month one time. GCU account is still standing strong. Also traded in 4 Mirror's Edge Catalysts in one day. I just may wear my "I Love New York" shirt after all...
Were they for the same system? It's 4 of the same game for the same system which is what I did.

So far a good number of stores in northern Virginia no longer let you buy eBay cards with trade cards. Anyone in the areas doing something else? Buying iPhones and selling on eBay? Waiting for b2g1?

Yea I did those trades too in the past. That's all allowed by Best Buy.

Asking the real questions...

I'm gonna say that it doesn't as they usually don't combine promotions like that - but I'm ready to be proven wrong.

In regards to returning defective used games, you are SOL at BestBuy. Unless you can find the same game to do an even exchange, you can't return them for full credit. Your other option is to trade them in for shit value. This information is from Bill@BestBuy from the BestBuy Unboxed forums.

In regards to returning defective used games, you are SOL at BestBuy. Unless you can find the same game to do an even exchange, you can't return them for full credit. Your other option is to trade them in for shit value. This information is from Bill@BestBuy from the BestBuy Unboxed forums.
Is that really true? If so, that seems quite unfair. It says on the website that all pre owned games are guaranteed to work but it doesn't say how they back up that guarantee.

Also you can do 3 per system per account on 1 id and then rinse and repeat with another form of id on 1 single account. And not get banned. They ban it if you go over the limit on an id at bb

Sorry, he's completely wrong. You can send them back to BB via a return shipping label from BB.com customer care. You're not stuck with them, though returning them in-store may not work since the BB POS may see them as vendor-sourced items, which can't be returned back in-store. They're like a custom ordered item, so the POS rejects the return. Which is an issue I ran into with some MLB 16 copies that I wanted to return.

Yes, the GS employee tried to process the order (two $50 ebay GCs), but at the payment selection page on his POS system, paying by GS GC was ghosted out (not available). I'm going to try another GS tomorrow where I had success previously. I live in Springfield so there are plenty of GS stores around.
I'd call and ask who their district manager is. Keep calling different ones until you get a different answer than the store you got rejected at. I'm guessing you'll get a better chance at being accepted in different districts . But what do i know, i'm just a pleb when it comes to gamestop.

From the email I just got:

Smash Bros WiiU $30
Bayonetta 2 (2 disc) $27.50
Black Ops 3 XBO $27.50
Uncharted 4 $25

Says the values are valid through 8/14

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back