GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks to Blackbeard's list and the info within this thread, I turned a bunch of stuff I didn't care about that I had about $120 into, into $280 in credit. 

I got the "ban hammer" when I went to trade today.  Guy says maybe until the end of the month.  Not sure what limit I broke.  Maybe I traded in one too many copies of a game?  Possible I could have hit 5 and not realized it.   Definitely traded in a ton of crap this week and a lot in general since late June so maybe a total trade amt.  Makes me debate whether I should have done the credit transfers where I only made a $1 up front.  I  did them because it wasn't any extra work (was already at the store or was already placing an order online) and because the churn from BB credit to GS credit to Ebay and back to BB credit earned points and Ebay bucks.  But now I wonder.....not that I have many trades left anyway.  Was about done.

Now will try and send wife out to finish.  I don't have much left from last week.  Hopefully wife can start own account.  She was on my account but hasn't used it since last year.  Not sure how they track the ban hammer.

Best Buy also dropped a "ban hammer" on me.  It wouldn't let me order any more yesterday although 2 of my 13 orders haven't been canceled yet.  And an order today hasn't been canceled yet either.  

Almost pulled the trigger on a 2nd BB account with GCU because of that.  

I had a different experience trading in Star Fox for cash yesterday. I brought the bundle box along with the games. The employee scanned each game and it seemed like nothing happened. I showed her the bundle box and she scanned that and the $30 value for Star Fox Zero appeared on the screen. I told her they were bundled together but she told me that Star Fox Guard had no value and let me keep it.
They told me $2 yesterday when trading in Star Fox Zero.
Also, just noticed people asking about Star Fox Guard. Can confirm 2/2.20 value.
Had dif experience here too but none of the prices showed up on the pad so idk to trust their word or not.
Scanned bundled box was $33 with PUR
Star Fox Zero was $30, no idea if this is with PUR or not, but reading thru here, I think this was without PUR
Star Fox Guard was $2 without PUR

The question is if Star Fox Zero by itself is $30 with our without PUR

So if you scan each one separately, was it $32.2 or $35.2 total with PUR?

Had dif experience here too but none of the prices showed up on the pad so idk to trust their word or not.
Scanned bundled box was $33 with PUR
Star Fox Zero was $30, no idea if this is with PUR or not
Star Fox Guard was $2 without PUR

So if you scan each one separately, was it $32.2 or $35.2 total with PUR?
$30 base credit for SFZ. $2 base credit for SF Guard.

Earlier in the week the store on 7th St and Bell Rd in Phoenix, AZ told me that gift cards could only be purchased with cash or debit cards (not even credit cards). Went to the store at Desert Ridge last night to trade for cash so I could buy an eBay card and the guy looked at me like I was crazy for getting cash instead of credit, claiming the DM told them store credit will work on everything except Visa cards. I was waiting for the POS message to deny him when he scanned the eBay card but sure enough, it went through. 

Seen this on Gamestop.com, seems like a decent deal. Guess they gotta get rid of stock somehow.

http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-xb1offerjuly16,28zu0
Thanks for the tip. Bought an Xbone today at GS and it was a pretty big hassle to get all of the bundled offers for free after ringing up the transaction twice (required a post void for the first transaction). I'm wondering if my Xbone console was just ineligible or something (got the Gears: UE version). I was trying to get the free controller instead of the game but the POS automatically added the "free game line item" so I picked Tomb Raider. I think that promo was negating against the free controller because my controller was showing up for $60 while the game was free. I told the employee about just trying to take off the game to get the controller free but he said he couldn't remove the game. The $30 gift card also wasn't properly taking the $30 discount against the console but eventually he made it work when he post voided the original transaction and rang it up a second time. What also made it even more complicated was that I was redeeming 75K of PUR points towards the console and for some reason it wasn't allowing both the gift card discount and the PUR discounts to apply to the console at the same time. So he had to manually take off $75 against the console in my 2nd transaction since my certs were used up in the first transaction.

tl;dr The Xbone bundle with the free controller and free gift card is coming up funky in the system. In the end, I got an extra free digital code for Tomb Raider for the extra 30 minute wait. Although I had forgotten to experiment with trying to get the Pokemon Go trade promo in all of the confusion - doh. Oh well, it sort of evens out.

Without. For Zero alone (without Guard) the stores near me gave me $30 credit + $6 (collectible purchase) +$3 PUR for $39 total. Cash value won't jive with the collectible bonus.

I also picked up the Quantum Break bundle in store today + $30gc + extra controller for $250. Going to trade quantum break in after I play it this week to shave another $20 off. Not many people are posting about it but I think it's a great deal.

I think someone a couple pages back asked if people who can't buy physical eBay cards could use that mobile site to have them emailed. Did that ever end up being answered?

Anyone try trading in Bayonetta 2 WiiU?     I see there are 2 different versions in the app.   The pictures are kind of small but the only ones I've seen at other stores (price matching opportunity) are the one that looks like the lower valued one.   I'm just wondering which value I would get for it....

Gdogg, on 24 Jul 2016 - 2:08 PM, said:
Anyone try trading in Bayonetta 2 WiiU? I see there are 2 different versions in the app. The pictures are kind of small but the only ones I've seen at other stores (price matching opportunity) are the one that looks like the lower valued one. I'm just wondering which value I would get for it....
Depends on if you have the version with the Bayonetta 1 disc included. If you do, you get the higher value. If you don't, you get the lower value.

Anyone try trading in Bayonetta 2 WiiU? I see there are 2 different versions in the app. The pictures are kind of small but the only ones I've seen at other stores (price matching opportunity) are the one that looks like the lower valued one. I'm just wondering which value I would get for it....
Higher version is the Bayonetta 1 and 2 trade in. You need the :wiiu: B1 disc to get that. Lower is the B2 by itself.

The one with the black circle in the top right and higher value is the early copies that had both games.

I think someone a couple pages back asked if people who can't buy physical eBay cards could use that mobile site to have them emailed. Did that ever end up being answered?
As in does the site work at all? Yes, because I've used it. Whether it is a way to bypass a potential POS block is something I don't know.

Couple of updates.

Ebay GC with store credit still work around the Indianapolis area. Just picked one up about an hour ago.

Also redbox has Deadpool for Xone and PS4 on sale for 13.99.  Trade base is $20 at GS.

Deadpool? Damnit was just at redbox. Transformers was bumped to $12 so a few xtra bucks there.

Got wife an account to trade under to (get) from under my timeout.

Made the half hour drive to another town to trade in one of each mgsv, star fox, and l4d2, plus the rb6s that I was refused the trade-in on before. Got ~165 for ~75 invested. Just waiting on a 50% promo to get rid of these power cables.

Do you guys think a physical eBay gift card is a different SKU than the digital ones through gsdigital.me ? The only store near me in Houston whose employees will allow me to use trade credit never has it in stock. I was successfully able to use trade credit to buy a digital version.

I haven't been able to confirm whether physical cards are blocked in Houston yet but this might be a work around the POS block for others. On my receipt it lists the card as eBay $100 IA.

If i open a new account for my parent. Can i use it without using their id when i do trade in.
Depends on your local laws. Some require no ID. Some require ID only for cash trades. Some require ID for both. Only thing I would recommend is signing a same gender parent so you can essentially pass off as them.

Or you can sign up the opposite and go through a whole "How dare you assume my gender!" speech every time a GS employee asks about it.

Hey guys, what is the limit on trade ins? I traded in deadpool today for ps4 and xbox one. I noticed another redbox near me has it for hte ps4 so that would be 2 ps4 copies I will have trade din if I do it. I think I read before the limit was 3 per system? Also do I need to go to different gamestop stores? There is only one gamestop close to me.

Hey guys, what is the limit on trade ins? I traded in deadpool today for ps4 and xbox one. I noticed another redbox near me has it for hte ps4 so that would be 2 ps4 copies I will have trade din if I do it. I think I read before the limit was 3 per system? Also do I need to go to different gamestop stores? There is only one gamestop close to me.
Limit is 4 per console but I like to stick with 3 to give myself cushion and because GCU limit is 3. You should be allowed to trade in one per platform in a single trade in. YMMV on getting them to take multiple on the same platform in a single trade in. Heck, I even get denied trading in more than one copy of a game regardless of platform.

Couple of updates.

Ebay GC with store credit still work around the Indianapolis area. Just picked one up about an hour ago.

Also redbox has Deadpool for Xone and PS4 on sale for 13.99. Trade base is $20 at GS.
Anybody know how to take the labels off the redbox games?I got denied at one of my stores,I even offered to show them the email saying I bought it used.

What is the likelihood that the stealth bump will hold through end of business on Monday? Still waiting for my pre-owned copies of Battlefield Hardline and Metal Gear: Phantom Pain from Best Buy to arrive in the mail.

Memphis TN Ebay cards are dead. RIP 

Just got back from trading $100 worth of crap and figured I would give it a try. Rang it up and scanned my trade card. System blocked that form of payment. Thought about trying steam wallet cards but I really don't need more steam $. Will have to just slowly funnel my $300ish in Gamestop credit to Amazon via trades.

What is the likelihood that the stealth bump will hold through end of business on Monday? Still waiting for my pre-owned copies of Battlefield Hardline and Metal Gear: Phantom Pain from Best Buy to arrive in the mail.
50/50 IMO.

Usually they last through Monday at the very least, but this one didn't go live until late Saturday morning. And there's a sale on some of the games starting tomorrow.

Limit is 4 per console but I like to stick with 3 to give myself cushion and because GCU limit is 3. You should be allowed to trade in one per platform in a single trade in. YMMV on getting them to take multiple on the same platform in a single trade in. Heck, I even get denied trading in more than one copy of a game regardless of platform.
Thanks.

Depends on your local laws. Some require no ID. Some require ID only for cash trades. Some require ID for both. Only thing I would recommend is signing a same gender parent so you can essentially pass off as them.

Or you can sign up the opposite and go through a whole "How dare you assume my gender!" speech every time a GS employee asks about it.
if i use my passport to sign up another account. Will it work??

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back