GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
What a terrible 4 for $40 sale. The Summer Sale was great though. Made like $55 and got three games on top of that: AC:Syndicate, Battleborn, & Dark Souls 3.

Should I consider trading in valkyria chronicles remastered for $19.5 (with all bonuses included) considering I paid $25.68 for it? I would obviously keep the steelbook but I'm a bit hesitant since we might get a better trade in deal next week/weekend promo?
Not a steelbook... But I'd probably trade it in now.

Although the margins are slim, there are so many options to make a profit that it's hard to not walk out of GameStop with like 20 games. Putting my trade credit to work!

Also there are no excuses for people who have eBay blocked for them. If you aren't taking this chance to convert all your credit to cash, then that's on you.

nah, 16.50 is GCU, it's still $15 base like i said
GCU? Isn't that a Best Buy thing?

Anyway, you were right. I just flipped MGS V along with Just Dance 2015, both for 360, and got the same amounts as the other day by adding a 27 cent Uncharted 4 sticker. It's always funny to see the associate's eyes turn to golf balls when the extra 20% works. And, copies of Battlefield Hardline and Wolfenstein for 360 came via UPS from Best Buy right before I left the house, but I couldn't bring myself to trade them in since they happened to be complete. I wish I had bought a 3rd MGS V because the next one that's coming is new and going to stay in my 360 collection.

Sorry, I'm having trouble with the search function. I'm a bit confused. A few pages back I remember some saying MGSV was getting a stealth bump but when I was in the store, it was only $8.80. I see some people trading it in. Am I mixing up promotions or was the TIV nuked?
It's 16.30 for both the ps3 & 360.

I was able to flip a total of 8 copies since BB had them for 8 dollars a piece last week.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

It's 16.30 for both the ps3 & 360.

I was able to flip a total of 8 copies since BB had them for 8 dollars a piece last week.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk
I bought two of them preowned so they were buy 1, get 1 free which made them $5 each with that promo. There were a few other credit movers but Metal Gear was the 360 game with the best value.

This is probably a stretch but I remember one of the guys here that works for GS saying something a while back about you can cash out trade cards for 20% less than it's value in store. My question is if you were to do it during this Cash = Credit promo would they still deduct the 20%? 

This is probably a stretch but I remember one of the guys here that works for GS saying something a while back about you can cash out trade cards for 20% less than it's value in store. My question is if you were to do it during this Cash = Credit promo would they still deduct the 20%?
That's never been a thing.

Went to two different GameStops to trade some stuff for cash and... They're both out of cash. How the fuck are you going to have a promotion involving paying out more cash, and not have enough cash? Got fucking dammit GameStop pisses me off.

Went to two different GameStops to trade some stuff for cash and... They're both out of cash. How the fuck are you going to have a promotion involving paying out more cash, and not have enough cash? Got fucking dammit GameStop pisses me off.
I don't know what time zone you are in but here in CST it's after 8 PM. They were running out by 6 the first time they ran this.

I didn't think this was possible. Sucks if widespread.

Well if Doom and Battleborn hold value tomorrow at BB which i will be surprised, i will grab another set from my local GS. Did one set tonight after the 20% Retailmenot coupon. 

Managed to also convert two of the Ebay GS gift cards that are sale for 90 back to ebay. Still nice to see it active in the indy area but it won't last much longer.

Also UC4, Street Fighter, GTV 5 and Dark Souls III are not bad flip backs to GS if you plan on doing the 20% collectible bonus and can use the Retailmenot 20% coupon.  It worked out for me as i was stopping at couple stores and i don't mind stock up on some points.

I picked up four of these with the coupon for $102.20 and traded them back for $130.

Didn't the previous excel sheet have stealth bump including black ops 3 and mgsv new gen possibly starting 7/29? I guess that's been debunked then since they're no longer listed?

EBay cards are no more in my population 68k metro area!!!  I'm in a state bordering MN.  

Didn't find out until after we did  $500+ in trades today.   ...was already carrying a few hundred in credit too.

But already started converting it over.  Traded a few Doom4s and a Battleborn to BB for starters.  Cross fingers the values of those games hold up another day.   those values are probably too good to be true to hold though.  

When the Gamestop employee tries to add the $3 protection plan without my permission.

w4VP66Qm.jpg

But then I tell him to take it off and give him all 1s on his survey.

Xcmccovm.jpg

Did they tell u to come back tomorrow, go to another store, or wrote u a check?

I'm gonna use the rmn coupon and try to cash out part of my trade card leaving just enough to get a ps4neo.

Were they totally out of cash or just didn't have enough to do ur trades?

hmm what's the biggest cash trade someone has done in 1 transaction?

They don't need your games. They only have to hit 50% used penetration. fuck it, right?

Although the margins are slim, there are so many options to make a profit that it's hard to not walk out of GameStop with like 20 games. Putting my trade credit to work!

Also there are no excuses for people who have eBay blocked for them. If you aren't taking this chance to convert all your credit to cash, then that's on you.
that extra 20% credit though. I would rather do that than cash but I know that's going to be up to whoever is trading. Anywho, managed to use the retailmenot coupon 4 times today. Sitting on 2x doom and 2x battleborn and locked in a trade online in case it drops tomorrow. Would rather get $27.5 but $25 is better than nothing.

I'm gonna use the rmn coupon and try to cash out part of my trade card leaving just enough to get a ps4neo.

I got $200 cash for a PS4 back in Feb.

Just said to come back tomorrow, which doesn't help me if the value tanks tomorrow. Said they were totally out of cash.

They don't need your games. They only have to hit 50% used penetration. fuck it, right?
So just the tip?

Converted all my GS gift cards to cash through 22 games. The store was almost out of cash when I was done and they had to pull out some sort of scale to weigh all the bills I got.

how much money should they have on hand? i saw someone do an almost $500 trade in today, that is one trade. 5 trades like that (they were selling phones, not even games) and that is $2500. they guy at gamestop said they have been doing negative deposits every night since the promo started. they cant be sitting on 50k in cash every day hoping they dont get robbed.

that extra 20% credit though. I would rather do that than cash but I know that's going to be up to whoever is trading. Anywho, managed to use the retailmenot coupon 4 times today. Sitting on 2x doom and 2x battleborn and locked in a trade online in case it drops tomorrow. Would rather get $27.5 but $25 is better than nothing.
Trust me, I took the credit too. But since so many people are sad about not being able to convert to eBay, you better cash out now and get out.

Thanks again Blackbeard! You're the true MVP. I made $149.22 profit today and was able to convert excess BB credit to eBay. I had to buy a bunch of the new $50 eBay GCs at BB though.

These are probably already taken, but if you want the Demon Multiplayer Pack for Doom, here's some codes:

PS4: PL52-P2N7-9KDC

Xbox One: GHWQJ-JVJVK-JV429-QMCXY-GVHTZ

Stores don't carry all that much cash and its not like every customer pays with cash so if you have people doing 200-600 cash trade ins and not that crazy to run out of cash.

And yeah, negative deposits suck. Get too many of those in a row and the store is seriously fucked.

You have to be realistic, how many people pay with cash these days ? Gamestop stores don't hide their cash in a safe for a week. It's not like they have thousands of dollars in cash laying around for a cash trade promo.

You have to be realistic, how many people pay with cash these days ? Gamestop stores don't hide their cash in a safe for a week. It's not like they have thousands of dollars in cash laying around for a cash trade promo.
They just keep it in the bathroom with everything else.

Can the retailmenot coupon be used more than once (universal code) or is it a one time code? Was looking to hit up a few gamestops.

Ha

When I worked at gamestop 2 years ago I once seen 60k in the safe we were making jokes about it when we closed up.. Matter of fact someone got slapped with that money.

Ha

When I worked at gamestop 2 years ago I once seen 60k in the safe we were making jokes about it when we closed up.. Matter of fact someone got slapped with that money.
Some how I find this very hard to believe. That would mean your store did at least 60k sales in one day which would just be crazy. I work the highest volume store in our district and biggest deposit we ever had cash was like 5k lol.

Can anyone explain what's PUR Pro Day? I can't seem to find much about it online, but I'm really curious if point redemptions will be discounted on that day.

Can anyone explain what's PUR Pro Day? I can't seem to find much about it online, but I'm really curious if point redemptions will be discounted on that day.
An SM mentioned that today. Said it was Saturday and there was supposed to be a bunch of discounts but he didn't have details yet because their conference call was like Wednesday. Knowing GS it will be a completely laughable "sale" but we'll see. Probably won't have details until that conference call.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back