GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
As a multiple time donator, may I make a suggestion:

Instead of having the boomerang credit all the way at the last column, can you move it so it is the first column (after the game title and console)? On some of the sheets you have ALOT different columns and it is a PIA(esp on mobile) to scroll that far to the right to see the most important information that we actually need!
Thanks, I can imagine most of you are accessing this while in GS on a smartphone. The columns have been moved next to the "Game" and "System" columns to be more mobile friendly.

Thanks to this thread and Blackbeard! Traded in $100+ worth of stuff. Glad I traded Deadpool yesterday before it tanked. Sucks that 3ds games tanked today. Doom from GS to BB was pretty good too with 20% off retailmenot coupon.

I think I traded in about 24 games at two Best Buy locations today from game stop using the retail me not coupon and the moneymakers in the spreadsheet . I think I used that coupon like seven or eight times. Thankfully I was able to regenerate my eBay funds via best-buy. It looks like buying game stop gift cards on eBay is going to be a hard pill to swallow since they killed eBay via gift cards in my stores.

The buy a $90 GS GC get a $10 bonus code is still up. Got 3 after using all my BBY credit from the doom/battleborn flips to get an eBay GC. Extra $30!

This is BB and I don't think the POS blocks anything.
Yeah but any time I've tried I've been shut down. I've even been "yelled at" when I told the manager to just try it. Called corporate and they said I'm not allowed to do it either. The system supposedly doesn't stop it, but the manager might

Being denied trying to buy ebay gc with bb gc? I've never had any problems until this one dude kept saying I'm the only one that buys things there with bb egiftcards. If he gets annoyed even more, he might tell the manager and that would piss me off

Corporate is fucking stupid then too. It specifically says on their terms "no open-loop gift cards." That means Visas and Mastercards. I got denied last week, went to the manager and he told me that there has never been a block on closed-loop gift cards and anyone who says it's against the terms is either ignorant of lying. However, he did say that new employees are kind of scared out of ever wanting to sell a gift card to something he paying with a gift card because of a shitty training module that doesn't explain the difference well.

Haven't posted in forever, anyways I was gonna trade in mirrors edge catalyst, black ops 3, and tomb raider, all were roughly $27 each and that was the cash trade. I come in today after checking for the last two days and now everything is $10 less like everyone else is reporting :(

Being denied trying to buy ebay gc with bb gc? I've never had any problems until this one dude kept saying I'm the only one that buys things there with bb egiftcards. If he gets annoyed even more, he might tell the manager and that would piss me off
I'm so sorry... I thought I was replying to someone trying to combine multiple BB cards into a bigger one. Although, my BB doesn't carry Ebay cards

Please don't call corporate.  The last thing we need is for more attention to the gift cards.  If we lose this we're royally screwed out of eBay bucks.  

Quick math says I made an extra 40-45 from getting my trades done during the bump.

Today, I tried to trade in Mario Maker at two stores with the 30/33 saved on my phone. The first store almost immediately adjusted the price and gave me 33. The second claimed it was impossible to change the value, and I was uncomfortable telling them how I knew that they were wrong.

In the end, I decided to keep the second game because I had already more than made my money back while also picking up Star Fox Zero, God of War 3 (PS3) and Red Dead Redemption Undead Nightmare (PS3).

Hope everyone else had a successful trade bump!

Jesus man I just missed a single quote. Sorry I didn't see his reply in the past 24 hours due to work. Didn't have to make a statement like that.

I'm just peeved I didn't go with my first instinct to trade yesterday. No ones fault but mine. Thanks to the original poster who pointed the Saturday bump out but sadly I didn't see that until today.
I don't want to be rude, but recently there has been a lot of people asking questions over and over without even reading the last page in a thread. Said people then decide to fight others after its been pointed out. Best Buy certificates thread is a good example of this.

Quick math says I made an extra 40-45 from getting my trades done during the bump.

Today, I tried to trade in Mario Maker at two stores with the 30/33 saved on my phone. The first store almost immediately adjusted the price and gave me 33. The second claimed it was impossible to change the value, and I was uncomfortable telling them how I knew that they were wrong.

In the end, I decided to keep the second game because I had already more than made my money back while also picking up Star Fox Zero, God of War 3 (PS3) and Red Dead Redemption Undead Nightmare (PS3).

Hope everyone else had a successful trade bump!
Yeah I purchased a copy of Mario Maker to flip, but I just may keep it. I don't have a Wii U yet

I think I traded in about 24 games at two Best Buy locations today from game stop using the retail me not coupon and the moneymakers in the spreadsheet . I think I use that coupon like seven or eight times. Thankfully I Was able to regenerate my eBay funds via best-buy. It looks like future game stop gift cards on eBay is going to be a hard purchase in my mind since they killed eBay via gift cards in my stores.
I tried at a store about 30 miles outside of Pittsburgh today. The girl was O.K. with gift card for gift card, but the POS was updated and gave a pop up transaction not allowed. Uniontown Mall to be exact. So looks to be dead in Western PA too. Thank goodness for the Dooms and Battleborn to convert. ;-)

Bestbuy assoiate said really loud and wont let me purchase gc with bbgc. Is he being a ass or new policy?
Yeah it's honestly up to the manager. The system DOES allow gift cards to be purchased with Best Buy gift cards, but if the manager says no then the employees won't bother. I know because one Best Buy here turned me down while the other Best Buy had a limit of $500.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The dream is over in Milwaukee, too...

The system blocked me at the Mayfair Mall, Milwaukee Gamestop from getting gas cards and ebay cards with trade credit. Still able to get a Nintendo eshop card and a Starbucks card, but those aren't the ones that really matter.

I'm surprised Battleborn and Doom are still holding strong. Could be wrong by tomorrow morning but figured it would've been nuked mid day.
You asked therefore you shall receive, BBY nuked them down to $20 base, hopefully everyone got in that wanted to

Oh my gosh, what is his problem? I can't (won't?) understand why he goes to such lengths to "fix loopholes"; it's one thing to just point something like that out, but mentioning "a certain cheap games deals forum" seems to indicate he's holding a grudge more than anything.
Didn't you read? He is one of the good guys who was raised during an era where doing the right thing is more important than taking advantage of people.

Someone remind me what era that was?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back