GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
The thing is Johnny there's what should be and what is. Your right you shouldn't be harassed at the store, but the bigger target you make yourself the harder it's going to be to trade in your district. Had a manager a few years ago (at the time didn't know he was a manager since the store had just changed managers and I was cool with the guy he replaced so figured he was a new lacky) give me crap about trading multiples the same week . I ran to corporate and all it did was have the LP look into my account. I was correct that I didn't do anything wrong, but I got a call from the DM saying I traded too much and can no longer trade (account wasn't booted or anything and probably can trade with it, but didn't push it just got a new account). Jump forward few years later he is gone from that store and I trade all I want on different accounts at that same store. So basically even though I was right it didn't help me to make a fuss as gamestop can reject any trades they see fit. So it would of been better to lay low in the long run.

Because it's being a dick if you're keeping them "just because" and it also looks shady as shit.

You brought this on yourself.
Another case in point. Don't make yourself suspect and look at the bigger picture. Tech. your right no case needed, but look at it from the employee's point of view. Tons of games no cases and multiples. If they don't know you or what your doing they are going to think stolen. Is a $1 case worth it?

If the employee and myself arent vibing, I dont care what rank the employee is i avoid them the next time. I dont test the waters continuously. That's asking for trouble. In the bigger picture, obviously trading in top selling games helps both parties, but subtlety is ever so important.

The thing is Johnny there's what should be and what is. Your right you shouldn't be harassed at the store, but the bigger target you make yourself the harder it's going to be to trade in your district. Had a manager a few years ago (at the time didn't know he was a manager since the store had just changed managers and I was cool with the guy he replaced so figured he was a new lacky) give me crap about trading multiples the same week . I ran to corporate and all it did was have the LP look into my account. I was correct that I didn't do anything wrong, but I got a call from the DM saying I traded too much and can no longer trade (account wasn't booted or anything and probably can trade with it, but didn't push it just got a new account). Jump forward few years later he is gone from that store and I trade all I want on different accounts at that same store. So basically even though I was right it didn't help me to make a fuse as gamestop can reject any trades they see fit. So it would of been better to lay low in the long run.

Another case in point. Don't make yourself suspect and look at the bigger picture. Tech. your right no case needed, but look at it from the employee's point of view. Tons of games no cases and multiples. If they don't know you or what your doing they are going to think stolen.
I've traded in games without cases plenty of times before and never had so much as a weird look or a single question asked. Like I've already said if he thought the games were stolen (he didn't, he was mad because I threatened to call his DM over his stupidity before) all he had to do was tell me to show my receipt from Best Buy which was right in my car. He wasn't interested in that, he just wanted to report me.

Now if he didn't want me to make a profit from buying games cheaper elsewhere and then trading them in at GS I would have just laughed and moved on but accusing me of stealing with no reason to think I was is complete bullshit.

Why did you need to keep the cases?
Cause hoarding,thats why! ;)

Whevever I trade games in without cases, I always make sure to bring the CDs in a portable CD case and open it in front of them. Looks much more legit and if they ask just tell them you avoid all the clutter from cases, just my $0.02

Around my neck of the woods no one cares except there is a limit of one title per platform per visit/~day.  They want you to trade in.  Although I was recently given a timeout so maybe they are saying one thing and doing another.  My timeout was probalby cause I wnet over some limits of cash or more than 4 titles per platform per month or something.  

But no one ever questions what I trade in except if it's more than 1 title per platform.   They don't care if I come back the next day with the same games.  I only have 2 stores so I know everyone.  Pretty easy to tell after awhile that I'm not playing all these games.  

One  manager said that the limits are there mostly just as theft alert.  But she even said you could just get your wife to trade in.  I had to tell her I already beat her to the punch.  I sent my wife in last night.

The thing is Johnny there's what should be and what is. Your right you shouldn't be harassed at the store, but the bigger target you make yourself the harder it's going to be to trade in your district. Had a manager a few years ago (at the time didn't know he was a manager since the store had just changed managers and I was cool with the guy he replaced so figured he was a new lacky) give me crap about trading multiples the same week . I ran to corporate and all it did was have the LP look into my account. I was correct that I didn't do anything wrong, but I got a call from the DM saying I traded too much and can no longer trade (account wasn't booted or anything and probably can trade with it, but didn't push it just got a new account). Jump forward few years later he is gone from that store and I trade all I want on different accounts at that same store. So basically even though I was right it didn't help me to make a fuse as gamestop can reject any trades they see fit. So it would of been better to lay low in the long run.

Because it's being a dick if you're keeping them "just because" and it also looks shady as shit.

You brought this on yourself.
Blame GS for not requiring a case. Even Walmart requires a case. If they cared about having a case they would charge a fee for not having the case or sell a game for slightly less without its original case.

I've traded in games without cases plenty of times before and never had so much as a weird look or a single question asked. Like I've already said if he thought the games were stolen (he didn't, he was mad because I threatened to call his DM over his stupidity before) all he had to do was tell me to show my receipt from Best Buy which was right in my car. He wasn't interested in that, he just wanted to report me.

Now if he didn't want me to make a profit from buying games cheaper elsewhere and then trading them in at GS I would have just laughed and moved on but accusing me of stealing with no reason to think I was is complete bullshit.
. I know your venting, but your starting to look like a little kid. Take some of the advice us old timers have given you. It's not an attack and we speak from experience.

OMG I'm so pissed at myself. Been eyeing this figure on the PUR rewards for like two days and it's been available through about three hours ago when I left the house. Sit down to finally order it and it's OOS. :wall:

For 5000 points that coupon is pretty damn good. What if it stacks with the 20% :0
Except that the high end base for most stuff is around $25. Maybe if there's a bump to stack it with or if another promo happened to work with it but you could probably get more value for $5 worth of points than an extra $1.25 on most games.

They can ban me all they want. Why would I go back up there anyway when I only have 1 GS and there is like a 95% chance the JR detective will be there? I'll take my chances with corporate and surveys and see if I can get that asshole fired. If they ban me oh well.

Do trade-in promos apply to console trades?  In my case, I want to trade-in a ps4 for $200 and end up with vive.  An employee told me to wait until they had vives in-stock (friday-monday) to do the trade-in because the +20%  trade-in bonus would apply to the console.  I didn't think that was the case.

They can ban me all they want. Why would I go back up there anyway when I only have 1 GS and there is like a 95% chance the JR detective will be there? I'll take my chances with corporate and surveys and see if I can get that asshole fired. If they ban me oh well.
How old are you? You are getting no one fired. Just cut it out. You are getting annoying. If I was that junior detective, I would call corporate the moment I saw you too

The 650,000 Batman?;-)
Maybe if I had all my points from the last three years on hand.

I wanted either the Catwoman or Wonder Woman noir variant bombshell figures and was going to order the other with credit. Ended up ordering both with credit since I already picked up the third one, Harley, at B&N while I was out and couldn't leave the trio incomplete. Of all the weird places to have SDCC exclusive stuff but apparently B&N has copied GS in trying to diversify itself through toys and collectibles. I guess it's only 3,000 point difference between having gotten the figure and using $30 worth of certificates on something else.

That Spider-Gwen statue though, that was a steal. About $10 in points value below MSRP but I never saw it in stock.

Maybe if I had all my points from the last three years on hand.

I wanted either the Catwoman or Wonder Woman noir variant bombshell figures and was going to order the other with credit. Ended up ordering both with credit since I already picked up the third one, Harley, at B&N while I was out and couldn't leave the trio incomplete. Of all the weird places to have SDCC exclusive stuff but apparently B&N has copied GS in trying to diversify itself through toys and collectibles. I guess it's only 3,000 point difference between having gotten the figure and using $30 worth of certificates on something else.

That Spider-Gwen statue though, that was a steal. About $10 in points value below MSRP but I never saw it in stock.
Yeah I noticed all those comic con exclusives and was like nice, but since most of my accounts are stealth or in family member's name. I can't get tangible rewards sent without a fuse (a repercussion from my story I mentioned a few posts back;-) I usually go comic book exclusive for the most bang for the buck. Wish I had gotten more of those Deadpool Spiderman ones from Feb.

They're really quite nice figures based on the Harley I have in hand already and I like them more than the normal full color ones.  You can see both sets real good at about 40 seconds in:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWL1-n9EVNQ

How old are you? You are getting no one fired. Just cut it out. You are getting annoying. If I was that junior detective, I would call corporate the moment I saw you too
Why are you defending a store that robs their customers and then wants to ban anyone who isn't dumb enough to let them rob you?

Bobby's World was a trash show btw.

Why are you defending a store that robs their customers and then wants to ban anyone who isn't dumb enough to let them rob you?

Your missing the point. We aren't defending them. We are robbing them blind, but doing so under the radar and suggesting you might want to do the same. It's like anything else sales wise. If some people didn't get ripped off then we wouldn't get great deals.

Your missing the point. We aren't defending them. We are robbing them blind, but doing so under the radar and suggesting you might want to do the same.
The point is I did nothing wrong. 2 copies of L4D2, 1 copy of Tomb Raider and 2 completely different Pokemon games in a 5 day span is enough to call corporate on me?

I'm not pretending to be a saint. I use to abuse the coupon/promo stacks all the time (employees never cared and a lot of times acted amazed and said they will do it too) and my brother and me would trade in 2 copies of the same game at the same time on the same account all the time and no one cared because most employees up there are cool people. After 12+ years of shopping there, flipping games, using tons of coupons and never having a single employee over all that time ever even give me a weird look and all of a sudden in the last 3 weeks or so I've had nothing but trouble all because of 1 employee who hasn't even worked up there long.

You really think the dude just wasn't pissed because I threatened to call his DM a few weeks ago and is now snooping in my business every time I go there looking for an excuse to report me?

They're really quite nice figures based on the Harley I have in hand already and I like them more than the normal full color ones. You can see both sets real good at about 40 seconds in:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWL1-n9EVNQ
Nice. I ended up getting the entire Vinyl Idol Seinfeld set (minus Kramer ;-( this week under $20 and because I needed the 20% collectible bump. They weren't worth the original price, but for 2.97 they are sweet.

The point is I did nothing wrong. 2 copies of L4D2, 1 copy of Tomb Raider and 2 completely different Pokemon games in a 5 day span is enough to call corporate on me?

I'm not pretending to be a saint. I use to abuse the coupon/promo stacks all the time (employees never cared and a lot of times acted amazed and said they will do it too) and my brother and me would trade in 2 copies of the same game at the same time on the same account all the time and no one cared because most employees up there are cool people. After 12+ years of shopping there, flipping games, using tons of coupons and never having a single employee over all that time ever even give me a weird look and all of a sudden in the last 3 weeks or so I've had nothing but trouble all because of 1 employee who hasn't even worked up there long.

You really think the dude just wasn't pissed because I threatened to call his DM a few weeks ago and is now snooping in my business every time I go there looking for an excuse to report me?

Man you are still going on about this? You should create your own TV series about it. It night be a better love story than twilight.

I am looking to trade in some 3DS games, but not sure if I should wait until Pro Day which is this Saturday for the extra 10%.  Do base values tend to go down when there is a trade-in promotion such as the 10%? 

Nice. I ended up getting the entire Vinyl Idol Seinfeld set (minus Kramer ;-( this week under $20 and because I needed the 20% collectible bump. They weren't worth the original price, but for 2.97 they are sweet.
Yeah... I ended up with way too many $5 Pops and clearance Dorbz over the course of the promo. But when you're going to turn around and immediately spend the money anyway you may as well when they're literally free as opposed to getting nothing else.

Yep. Complete with a victim complex.

Even if there isn't if he is this dense online with a like minded group of people I can't imagine how he must come off in person to an employee.
Also a reason I say flipping isn't easy (it's not hard either) and not everyone should try it. As you have to know how to play the game, be nice to employees (aka BS them about games and shit), and take a few risks here and there with holding onto certain games. The most important rule being don't wait a day to trade when the flip is good. ;-)

NnoGhN1.gif

Your missing the point. We aren't defending them. We are robbing them blind, but doing so under the radar and suggesting you might want to do the same.
Also a reason I say flipping isn't easy (it's not hard either) and not everyone should try it. As you have to know how to play the game, be nice to employees (aka BS them about games and shit), and take a few risks here and there with holding onto certain games. The most important rule being don't wait a day to trade when the flip is good. ;-)
The meaning of life. Man, sometimes I really dislike having to chat them up but it sure as hell works. I think yesterday I had a conversation about overwatch at one, pokemon go at another, and no man's sky at a third. Luckily when the transaction is done and they give me the bag I start scooting to the door.

Sorry, I might've missed an earlier post but I really want the Harley one in color. It was sold in Gamestop or something? And how much was it? Thanks.
The color ones aren't and the noir B&W Harley is a Barnes & Noble exclusive, GS has Catwoman and WW noir. Actually it looks like the color ones aren't available yet according to the manufacturers website, it says August 2016 and that the colorful versions "will be sold at retailers nationwide".

https://cryptozoic.com/dc-comics-bombshell-vinyl-figures

If these show up at GS and a Kong coupon happens I'll likely end up with an entire case...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iG-MsF6JmSc

The color ones aren't and the noir B&W Harley is a Barnes & Noble exclusive, GS has Catwoman and WW noir. Actually it looks like the color ones aren't available yet according to the manufacturers website, it says August 2016 and that the colorful versions "will be sold at retailers nationwide".

https://cryptozoic.com/dc-comics-bombshell-vinyl-figures

If these show up at GS and a Kong coupon happens I'll likely end up with an entire case...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iG-MsF6JmSc
Saw those at walmart. Got the "chase" wonder woman but i want the harley instead.

Just seen on reddit someone said pro day is giving $150 for XBONE towards XBONE S if this is true I'm all over it. Can anyone confirm this? Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back