GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
I think he was in a rush and forgot to add "Is" at the beginning. Instead of erasing the whole sentence and correctly writing the sentence as an actual question, he put a ? mark. It was added last minute to clarify the confusion you're reading. But I am no expert on grammar or punctuation. Most of my posts are made rather quickly from my phone.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

So I got a question that hopefully someone can answer.

If I transfer a game preorder (Ex: No Mans Sky) towards Madden 17, will it trigger the trade in bonus going on for Madden?

We've encountered a problem processing your order. We have not charged you and your order has not been placed. Please try again or contact Customer Care at 1-800-883-8895.

what can i do???

We've encountered a problem processing your order. We have not charged you and your order has not been placed. Please try again or contact Customer Care at 1-800-883-8895.

what can i do???
Give them a valid credit card number, even if you are using all credit/gift card. They kept cancelling my orders until i figured it out it was because of my expired card on file.

I received my Samurai Warriors 4 Empires today and they shipped it in a huge box. Opened it up and in the middle of all the contruction paper was a single copy of the game. Extremely wasteful for just a single game.

It can also just get weird.  The card that I usually use with GS because my other card gets declined was getting that every attempt the other day, switch to the normally declined card and it went through fine.  Had the same thing happen with PayPal the other day.

I received my Samurai Warriors 4 Empires today and they shipped it in a huge box. Opened it up and in the middle of all the contruction paper was a single copy of the game. Extremely wasteful for just a single game.
I received single cart only DS games in similar boxes with construction paper, it cannot be more wasteful than that. The dude who is packing closes his eyes and chooses the first thing he can lay his hands on. You are lucky your game came in a box, count your blessings. In fact, you are extremely lucky to receive what you ordered.

I received single cart only DS games in similar boxes with construction paper, it cannot be more wasteful than that. The dude who is packing closes his eyes and chooses the first thing he can lay his hands on. You are lucky your game came in a box, count your blessings. In fact, you are extremely lucky to receive what you ordered.
yea when I got my box it was horribly taped and games could've fallen or been taken out easily. Got 6 siege's and they were all in the generic GS's boxes, smudged to hell and one is even completely covered in pop (God I hope it's pop).

When I was talking to dude at GS about siege he said thats a game that usually comes in without a case, guessing most from redbox or something?

Thats true. Im worried for the rest of my order though. One is coming from their warehouse in Texas and the other from a store in SoCal.

Today's package came from a Santa Cruz store. Makes me womder why a store employee would use a huge box for a game.

Thats true. Im worried for the rest of my order though. One is coming from their warehouse in Texas and the other from a store in SoCal.

Today's package came from a Santa Cruz store. Makes me womder why a store employee would use a huge box for a game.
It just how it is - spend as little time as possible in assembling the package and send it out of the door, no thought applied.

SoCal copy is fucked - you'll get a gutted copy in a generic box. By law of averages, you should get a complete copy from Texas ( but you wont [emoji38] )

what can i do???
It's due to any of the following:

1) You have invalid payment information on-file on your account.

2) One or more of your payment methods you're using for the purchase are wrong/invalid/have no credit.

3) You hit the purchase limit on one or more items in your order, which is usually 2 copies / 30 days. Sometimes the site will work correctly and tell you this, removing the items you hit purchase limit on before checking you out.

4) There's an issue with your account and it's stopping you from checking out. Doing a guest checkout while using a different email address for the order can work around that issue.

5) The site is having issues. Wait for a little bit and try to make an order again.

6) You're banned from the site if no combination of the above works to get around the issue. You'd have to have done something pretty bad to have this happen where you get banned from the site.

Just FYI...

I bought 2 games from gamestop.com using credit. When I returned them to the store yesterday I was given cash back. Clerk said the computer wouldn't allow it to be put back onto a card.

Just FYI...

I bought 2 games from gamestop.com using credit. When I returned them to the store yesterday I was given cash back. Clerk said the computer wouldn't allow it to be put back onto a card.
It's happened to me as well. I believe others have reported it, too. Weird, but hey.

If you do over 500 in cash trades what kind of ban do you get, is it only for future cash trades?
First of all we don't know for sure that $500 is the cash/ban threshold. Nobody has actually reported going over that and doing a test trade to stress test it. It's speculation because I believe some folks that traded in under $1,000 did report a ban. Theoretically, it could be $750 or some other number above $500. $500 is a common belief since it makes for a good round threshold. The only way we know is if the folks that went just above that amount do a small test trade and see if they are banned or not. It would help moreso if somebody that traded at $550 already did a test trade vs. somebody that traded at $710. Because in theory, $500 would ban both folks anyway. But we'd learn if it's as low as $500 instead of $700.

There's a possibility that $1,000 is the threshold but I can't remember if anybody that hit just below that amount was able to do a test trade before.

Last edited by a moderator:
0 just use a different browser and check out under buy as guest. I usually use a different Pur account for the discount as well but have no idea if it makes a difference.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back