GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
I've never had trouble trading in Redbox games. When I got Transformers with the rental label on it I just showed the dude my email receipt and it was no problem. Never had any issues with the center stickers either.

I usually try to remove the stickers but was too lazy this time since I was trading in 3 redbox discs and they didn't care. No refurb fees either. The only problem is, they'd know you flip and keep an eye on you next time lol

It's 50/50 if they take the game with the sticker on the middle of the disc. That sticker isn't hard to remove.
It comes off in pieces and it's harder on PS4 games because the disc label goes underneath the sticker. Sometimes the sticker pulls off the disc paint and leaves a shiny circle. This doesn't affect the game but can make it harder to trade in without critique.

Xbox one cuts the disc art short of the ring sticker so it leaves no damage, just a little glue residue.

And who cares if you're a flipper? Stick to the rules and you should be fine.

also wear your "I'm a flipper" t shirt
p387352_b_v7_ab.jpg

standingovationposter.jpg

It comes off in pieces and it's harder on PS4 games because the disc label goes underneath the sticker. Sometimes the sticker pulls off the disc paint and leaves a shiny circle. This doesn't affect the game but can make it harder to trade in without critique.

Xbox one cuts the disc art short of the ring sticker so it leaves no damage, just a little glue residue.

And who cares if you're a flipper? Stick to the rules and you should be fine.
Leave them in your car for an hour, come back and peel the sticker off in 2 or 3 chunks, then clean up with some lighter fluid.

Found a few credit movers last night.  Can be used to price match if you are trying to turn credit into cash.   Check the prices on Amazon before you flip because they might have changed overnight.

(Amazon) Assassins Creed Chronicles PS4, X1 $15ish -----> $16.50 GS

(Amazon) TMNT Mutants in Manhattan  PS4,X1  $26 ------> $27.50 GS

(Amazon) Just Dance 2016 X1 $11.78 -------> $13.50 GS

(Amazon) + (Target price in store) Naruto Storm 4 PS4, X1  $20 -------> $22 GS      (and also $25 base at BB)

(Amazon) Lego Marvel Avengers PS4 $25ish -----------> $27.50 GS

(Amazon) Fifa 16 PS4 $20 ------> $19.25 GS

And I'm sure you know about these, but just a reminder:

(walmart.com) L4D2  $15 ------------> $22 GS

(target.com) Rise of Tomb Raider $25 -----------> $27 GS

one more: If you can find this somewhere

(Amazon) Grand Ages Medieval $21.50 --------->   $25 base @ BB

Just went into a GameStop store to make a purchase and the guy announced to the entire store that I had 18,000 points. That's not even that many, but I see what you guys were talking about because it was pretty annoying!

Just went into a GameStop store to make a purchase and the guy announced to the entire store that I had 18,000 points. That's not even that many, but I see what you guys were talking about because it was pretty annoying!
Same thing happened to me today, I have 96k points saved up. As soon as he rang me up he announced how many points I had. I laughed it off but I was annoyed inside, people don't need to know how many points I have.

Same thing happened to me today, I have 96k points saved up. As soon as he rang me up he announced how many points I had. I laughed it off but I was annoyed inside, people don't need to know how many points I have.
I tell them not to announce anything to me. Highlight it on the receipt and keep it quiet.

When they ask for my phone number, I lean in and say it softly so they get the picture from the start.

Yeah that works too. I had a bunch of scratched up discs I traded in and the guy didn't charge a refurbished fee. However I traded in pokemon cart only games and he charged a refurbished fee on all 3 in same transaction. I was like wtf? And he said "I didn't charge you for the scratched discs". So I said " well then why the pokemon games?" His response was no cases. I took the cartridges back and he still didn't charge for the discs which were really scratched to shit. It made no sense.

Burn him.

Yeah that works too. I had a bunch of scratched up discs I traded in and the guy didn't charge a refurbished fee. However I traded in pokemon cart only games and he charged a refurbished fee on all 3 in same transaction. I was like wtf? And he said "I didn't charge you for the scratched discs". So I said " well then why the pokemon games?" His response was no cases. I took the cartridges back and he still didn't charge for the discs which were really scratched to shit. It made no sense.
I had an employee from my store tell me that the word from corporate is that they are gonna start charging refurb fees for no cases before holiday season.

I had an employee from my store tell me that the word from corporate is that they are gonna start charging refurb fees for no cases before holiday season.
They can go fuck themselves for that. I don't think they're going to give is a discount on the purchase of a game if it doesn't have original case and artwork.

I hope it's true. It's ridiculous that people keep cases or sell them on eBay when trading the games in. Who knows - this new policy and the fact that current consoles use blu-ray discs means that games from Gamestop will actually be in good condition most of the time. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if they saw a noticeable drop in revenue because they can't tack on as many refurb fees as before. 

Can you imagine that? Getting working, good condition games 99% of the time when you shop at Gamestop?

I hope it's true. It's ridiculous that people keep cases or sell them on eBay when trading the games in. Who knows - this new policy and the fact that current consoles use blu-ray discs means that games from Gamestop will actually be in good condition most of the time. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if they saw a noticeable drop in revenue because they can't tack on as many refurb fees as before.

Can you imagine that? Getting working, good condition games 99% of the time when you shop at Gamestop?
I always figured most of the cases sold on ebay were mainly from dumpster divers.

it happened to me today as well lol. this guy say i have a fkn 130k point when it is done and i am about to leave. He talked to manager and said he has never seen a guy with 130k point. I just smile and leave.

it happened to me today as well lol. this guy say i have a fkn 130k point when it is done and i am about to leave. He talked to manager and said he has never seen a guy with 130k point. I just smile and leave.
Should've called him a noob and told him to get on your level followed by a wink and a hush

I hope it's true also. Who trates in a game without the case anyways, besides dumbasses thinking they are sticking it to them. I know if I'm buying a used game to keep it better have the original case.

So I have a B2G1 Free coupon from reupping PUR and my birthday is this week so I just got my 20% off preowned game so Im guessing if i stacked those it would waste the 20% off coupon because it would take it off the free game just like the dollar amount off preowned game coupons do correct?

Walked into a store this week, and as I was leaving, the girl goes "Thanks again for shopping at Gamestop!!  You've saved $500 so far this year!"

I didn't really want the manager or other employees to know what was up, so I just nervously said " He he... I love shopping at Gamestop... what can I say?" as I crept out of the door

Walked into a store this week, and as I was leaving, the girl goes "Thanks again for shopping at Gamestop!! You've saved $500 so far this year!"

I didn't really want the manager or other employees to know what was up, so I just nervously said " He he... I love shopping at Gamestop... what can I say?" as I crept out of the door
You should've told her, "This is where I do all my shopping. I buy my groceries, gas, breakfast, lunch, and dinners here. I was planning to buy a plane ticket here soon. But, you guys put an end to that with your gift card restrictions. So now, I'm just gonna have to use you for your cash."

Walked into a store this week, and as I was leaving, the girl goes "Thanks again for shopping at Gamestop!! You've saved $500 so far this year!"

Yeah, that's the way I go about it too, just nervously laugh it off. Maybe next time I'll try "that $500 is for our next date babe."

How much you've saved on the receipt is how much you've ripped off gamestop. I don't really think we save at gamestop lol

when i bought a few xbox 360 last year. it save 80 bucks for each, i guess that how i get my $5xx save

It's like they're talking about power levels in Dragon Ball Z. lol

I'm glad I don't have the crazy people. They don't announce my totals or do anything ridiculous. However some douche customer overheard us talking about the Left 4 Dead 2 flip, and he decided to buy all the copies at the Walmart close by. Still can't believe the manager let him trade in 2 copies. Still plenty of Deadpool copies he can flip to pay off No Man's Sky.

I'm glad I don't have the crazy people. They don't announce my totals or do anything ridiculous. However some douche customer overheard us talking about the Left 4 Dead 2 flip, and he decided to buy all the copies at the Walmart close by. Still can't believe the manager let him trade in 2 copies. Still plenty of Deadpool copies he can flip to pay off No Man's Sky.
if i can open another account, i will use the new account to trade there. that store associates just pissing me off.

How much you've saved on the receipt is how much you've ripped off gamestop. I don't really think we save at gamestop lol
Exactly

LMAO @ Dragon Ball Z levels. As a side note... those Naruto boxer briefs that may be on clearance at your store are very comfortable

How have you been using it up to this point?
They usually ask me for my phone number since it was originally linked to my account. I'd just assume it would be easier for me to keep under the radar without giving out any direct info to them, showing the card just seems simpler and much straightforward IMO

You could use the app on the phone or have them scan a picture of the cards barcode.
Sweet, had no idea about this.

Now I just need to decide which apps to delete to allow enough memory to download the app, ugh... blast all them useless, preinstalled apps!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back