GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
Im tempted to trade in my Xbox One for  the 150 or whatever the 1TB is trading in for right now and use some other trade in credit to upgrade to the Xbox One S Madden model but with the PS4 Slim and PS Neo and then scorpio right around the corner I am having trouble talking myself into dealing with the hassle.

Im tempted to trade in my Xbox One for the 150 or whatever the 1TB is trading in for right now and use some other trade in credit to upgrade to the Xbox One S Madden model but with the PS4 Slim and PS Neo and then scorpio right around the corner I am having trouble talking myself into dealing with the hassle.
I'm in the same boat as you. $150 for my 1TB system feels like robbery and then I have to come up with another $200 just to buy a comparable storage size system...

I'm in the same boat as you. $150 for my 1TB system feels like robbery and then I have to come up with another $200 just to buy a comparable storage size system...
The only problem is that the trade value for the regular xbox one is only gonna get worse not better so thats the main reason i may just do it

Sweet. Just went to pick up my Madden pre-order that was already paid off and trade in Deadpool and Arkham Knight. Turns out since the sale for Madden isn't final until I pick it up, I got another 20% bump on the games I traded today. Very nice considering the $10 I'm getting off of Battlefield 1 when it comes out, which is already fully paid

Edit: I couldn't help but pick up the Gronk figure they have. Do these "Gamestop Exclusive" figures ever gain any value? Asking because I see on back of the box that some locations got a Tom Brady one. I don't really care about resale, but wondering if I should buy it now for $25 (also comes with 7 MUT packs) or wait for clearance prices. I'd hate to wait and then only be able to get it resale for an inflated price
I would wait for Brady to go clearance at Target. Gronk was the only store exclusive figure of the line of 6 & scalpers were buying them up in STL on Tuesday.

I'm going to trade in my :xb1: today and want to clear everything out - what's the best way to set it up as new again, without inserting any of my personal information on the console, so they can test it easily during the trade-in process?
Do the format where everything is removed and then just reinitialize it with some random info. You want it set up to the dashboard because it requires internet to get that far and their crappy store wifi they use for testing that has failed whenever they've needed it to test anything I've ever brought in. Then your stuff is safe and it's guaranteed they won't run in to some nonsense problem that makes them refuse it.

They all come with some pro packs for Madden, but I hear the Brady one is missing the first 4 packs...
Not cool.

Also, was interested in maybe grabbing a used Tales of Zesteria since I saw it was on sale through the Twitter feed and it must be one of those "publisher" sales I hear so much about because the 10/20 guarantee is not applying again. All those Bandai Namco games are being discounted via GameStop.

This is probably a long shot, but does the extra 20% apply to the $150 trade value the One gives toward a One S, if you get the 1 TB Madden bundle?

I'm guessing no since the $150 is its own promo, but you never know.
No. Trade bonuses like the 20% madden apply to games and accessories only. Very rarely will a % promo apply to consoles

No. Trade bonuses like the 20% madden apply to games and accessories only. Very rarely will a % promo apply to consoles
Have % promotions ever been applied to consoles at all? Can't seem to recall ever seeing one

On another note, does the additional +50% TIV promotion usually generates more net value than a 20% as an overall? Reason I'm asking is because I'm pretty sure GS reduces the values before a 50% bonus promotion kicks in, for example:

Scenario A
-Super Mario Maker has a base of $20

-Current promotion consists of +20% TIV

-Trades in for a total of $24 (without PRU bonus)

Scenario B

-Super Mario Maker has a base of $15

-Current promotion consists of +50% TIV

-Trades in for a total of $22.5 (without PRU bonus)

In this case, scenario A would get you the most value for your trade in despite the fact that the promotion is lower than B but I'm just wondering if its worthwhile to generally wait for a +50% or +20% bonus.

Thoughts?

I think it depends on the game. Nintendo games typically hold their value well so I think they're worth holding onto until a 50%.
it also depends on what kind of 50% bonus it is. if its for everyone they lower values, if its one where they generate a code that you use later on they usually dont mess with the values much.

Are rewards certs good for any item in the store or games only?  Would be cool if I can get xbox credit or... madden points with it.  Don't judge me

I am almost positive you can buy Xbox Live or PSN Credit with certs so if so just use ur certs on that and buy the Destiny code or Season Pass or whatever with the credit.

You cannot buy any gift cards with certificates and you cannot buy downloadable content with them sadly. I have tried and failed.
no...but u can buy Xbox and PSN credit with your rewards points off the website which is basically the exact same thing as buying a reward cert.

How long do I have to cancel a preorder? Is there a time limit even? Normally I never have had a problem but since my car has been totalled my 'driving around' has been at a minimum. 

For the amount of points you have to spend, it's a ripoff to buy Xbox and PSN credit with rewards.
I dont see how, is it more yes but a 10 dollar reward cert is 10000 points and 10 dollars of PSN or Xbox Currency is 11500 a whole 1500 more and seeing as how most cags prob have 100k plus reward points does the extra 1500 really matter when you cant use reward certs on gift cards anymore? And who in their right mind buys a game at full price from gamestop? So like i said its not really a ripoff if you really have points to burn.

I dont see how, is it more yes but a 10 dollar reward cert is 10000 points and 10 dollars of PSN or Xbox Currency is 11500 a whole 1500 more and seeing as how most cags prob have 100k plus reward points does the extra 1500 really matter when you cant use reward certs on gift cards anymore? And who in their right mind buys a game at full price from gamestop? So like i said its not really a ripoff if you really have points to burn.
Shit, the 1500 should be thought of as a decent convenience fee for people who don't want to go just for PSN/Xbox currency.

Are rewards certs good for any item in the store or games only? Would be cool if I can get xbox credit or... madden points with it. Don't judge me
Ah the good ol' days when you could buy any prepaid card with the PUR certs. Pretty sure that's where most of my 600,000 points went. After they killed that it's mostly been towards random collectibles or toys for the kid since I rarely buy games there unless it's to trade them back to them or take them to BBY.

If it has a sku, try to purchase it with a gift cert. In your case, try to buy Xbox live credit.
The RoI pre-order for :xb1: at GameStop is $34, because you are basically buying enough Xbox cash to cover the cost of the DLC + tax from the Xbox Store, and GS can only sell Xbox cash in whole dollar increments. I had the SM clarify this for me because I originally pre-ordered with trade credit and then after hearing that I changed the pre-order to gift cards/cash because I wasn't saving the tax of the pre-order by using trade credit.

TL;DR - What was the question again?

The RoI pre-order for :xb1: at GameStop is $34, because you are basically buying enough Xbox cash to cover the cost of the DLC + tax from the Xbox Store, and GS can only sell Xbox cash in whole dollar increments. I had the SM clarify this for me because I originally pre-ordered with trade credit and then after hearing that I changed the pre-order to gift cards/cash because I wasn't saving the tax of the pre-order by using trade credit.

TL;DR - What was the question again?
Why not just buy a $30 currency card and preorder it from XBL then?

Things I hoard/use points for:
Buying games to trade into BB
The rare events where they make the coupons cost less PUR points
Collectibles in store
Renew my Pro membership
Cool item from their catalogue or ThinkGeek

You are losing $1.50 worth of points for every $10 card you buy. It is ultimately up to you if that is worthwhile but it definitely isn't for me.

Why not just buy a $30 currency card and preorder it from XBL then?
There is virtually no difference between those two options, but I guess your store employee gets credit for a pre-order if you go that route?

Personally, I pre-ordered RoI at GS so I can get the pre-order bonuses from them and I also bought the Upgrade Collection from the Xbox Store so I can go digital with the game and get another set of pre-order bonuses for the game and replenish my Xbox cash. O:)

This just in: BB's $5 certificates are no longer issued every $250 but rather $500 instead for basic GCU members.

Status upgrading just got more expensiver-er! D;

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back