GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
The email you received only lists games that you've purchased from GameStop, so it wouldn't be a complete list of games that they accept for trade. Look at BlackBeard's signature (or my recent post if you have signatures disabled) and there will be a link to a spreadsheet with all kinds of TIV values compared to all kinds of purchase values.
Also we dont really know how long the bump will last. Last time we had one it literally lasted 1 day

I bookmarked it yesterday but I don't see a "stealth bump" section or a column for expiration dates.
I think people only become aware of a stealth bump if they are watching the TIV of some games and they see a bunch go up. That stealth bump business seems to coincide with the email you received from GameStop telling you how much your games are worth.

I think BlackBeard might have the capability to compare current and previous TIV values for games, but I think that's too much work to ask. Also, the spreadsheet wouldn't mention any expiration dates for stealth bumps because they can change at any time. Just look at the spreadsheet and see if you have anything that has good TIV or compare the TIV to games that can be bought for cheaper than the TIV listed.

Public service announcement : if you plan on buying a used game, I'd recommend waiting until Saturday ( oct 1) as the holiday return policy kicks in where you can return it up through January.
The same thing for NEW purchases too right? Dumb question.

Shouldn't have bought that xbox today...

If anyone still has questions about the process after reading chnandler's previous 3-4 posts, that dude deserves to be kicked in the nuts really hard, once for each question he asks.

Question here.First im on my phone and is there anyway to not make the page stutter/lag when i open up the spreadsheet provided by blackbeard?

Edit:I'm on android and it lets me open the page via chrome,drive or Internet.

Since it's just a normal return at this point then the only way to get banned is by a junior detective or if you abuse your returns

I wonder how many is abuse. Is 3 games abuse in your opinion? Is it just a nosey employee that ruins it or is there a flag in the system?

3 games in a month COULD be. When all else fails buy it on an account you don't mind missing.

Nosey employees are junior detectives that ruin it. Such as the new girl at my home store that shouted hello and used my name this morning when I came in. (Knowing my name is not junior detective, just her behavior lately)

Kind of a strange question but I'm looking to buy an Xbox S tomorrow for the free game promo (and the $50 coupon of course) but I'm also trading games in for the 50% bonus to pay help pay for it. Anyone know if I could do it all at once and trade back the new game I get as used so i get 50% on it too? Or just easier to buy the game (Say NBA17) elsewhere and when I get the free NBA17 from buying the system return that to the other store for a refund? For example:

Buy NBA 17 at Walmart. Trade that with my other games I plan on trading on the 50% COD promo. Use that credit to buy my Xbox and choose NBA17 (sealed of course) as my free game, then go back to Walmart and return it.

Any thoughts on the best way to do this?

I think people only become aware of a stealth bump if they are watching the TIV of some games and they see a bunch go up. That stealth bump business seems to coincide with the email you received from GameStop telling you how much your games are worth.

I think BlackBeard might have the capability to compare current and previous TIV values for games, but I think that's too much work to ask. Also, the spreadsheet wouldn't mention any expiration dates for stealth bumps because they can change at any time. Just look at the spreadsheet and see if you have anything that has good TIV or compare the TIV to games that can be bought for cheaper than the TIV listed.
Most of the time if stealth bumps are going to happen, it is the last Friday of the month. I have seen the TIV change every day of the week but the major changes usually occur depending on promos Mon or Tues., Wed., and Fridays.

Yes I do have the ability to compare TIV from previous days, all you need to do is just ask. Also I just added the capability to query by individual systems (except the original Wii for now) so if for some reason you just need a sheet for say just the PS3 I can accommodate.

Wondering if the 50 off Xbox coupons are account specific...has anybody here successfully used another person coupon ??? Thanks

Kind of a strange question but I'm looking to buy an Xbox S tomorrow for the free game promo (and the $50 coupon of course) but I'm also trading games in for the 50% bonus to pay help pay for it. Anyone know if I could do it all at once and trade back the new game I get as used so i get 50% on it too? Or just easier to buy the game (Say NBA17) elsewhere and when I get the free NBA17 from buying the system return that to the other store for a refund? For example:

Buy NBA 17 at Walmart. Trade that with my other games I plan on trading on the 50% COD promo. Use that credit to buy my Xbox and choose NBA17 (sealed of course) as my free game, then go back to Walmart and return it.

Any thoughts on the best way to do this?
I think the best thing to do is call your GameStop first and explain the situation. Usually if you are clear upfront of what you want to do, they will let it slide. This might save you an unnecessary trip to Walmart.

Wondering if the 50 off Xbox coupons are account specific...has anybody here successfully used another person coupon ??? Thanks
I had a fellow CAG hook me up with a code and had no issue. As long as you dont do it often and do not do anything to bring unwarrented attention to your account GS is not going to do anything to you. The times people get into trouble is when they try trading stuff into the same store on the same day that they already bought something, or trading in 3 or more copies of something within a month, or trying to trade in the same game on more then one console in the same transaction. Those are the usual ways to get red flags attached to your account.

I'm gonna guess that he's reading this thread a lot in order to get the latest info... and if you are then:

tumblr_n9wi9pKBie1rt73joo1_500.gif

Does he think if GameStop perceives him as a hero then they will have to lift his lifetime Instore ban. Because how could they ban a hero?. I bet that guy typed that while wearing a batman mask.

I will be trading in some old games for this bonus, thanks for the heads up on the bonus.
Keep reading the comments. Other members are saying AND CONFIRMED he is a guy named Chris Chan who jumped over the counter and maced and cut an employee for something (that isn't explained) and caused him to be banned from GameStop as a whole. What a massive piece of trash.

So, what's the deal with these Xbox coupons? Are they for Xbone? Do they work online?

If they are, I'm definitely interested. If you have a code, PM me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back