GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
Man.. my wife and I finally agreed to trade in our two launch PS4s and combine towards one PS4 Pro.

I go to initialize/format our consoles, I have a 2TB hard drive in mine and it's taking HOURS.. hoooooours. Ugh so slow.

Then I come here and see that there is an extra hardware trade in coupon but it expired TODAY.

Crap, just my luck :(

What can I do to maximize our TIV now?

Can I trade the two systems in and preorder towards any games for a bonus (but only put like $5 towards said game cancel later etc?)
Systems don't get % bonuses, unless promos are specifically set for them. So, no.

For everyone asking, here's the deal with the Call of duty deal:

-It's for Pro Members

-Any Xbone orPS4 game you trade in worth a minimum of $3 dollars will net you a $10 off certificate in you Power up account.

-These certs are being issued in waves so if you plan on getting in on this deal for the midnight I'd do it early in the week so you'll get the coupon before the midnight release.

-No idea when/or how often the waves of coupons are issued so don't freak out if you don't see it in a day.

That's about all I the info I could get. Hope that helps.
Is it already in effect?

Or does it start tomorrow?

For everyone asking, here's the deal with the Call of duty deal:

-It's for Pro Members

-Any Xbone orPS4 game you trade in worth a minimum of $3 dollars will net you a $10 off certificate in you Power up account.

-These certs are being issued in waves so if you plan on getting in on this deal for the midnight I'd do it early in the week so you'll get the coupon before the midnight release.

-No idea when/or how often the waves of coupons are issued so don't freak out if you don't see it in a day.

That's about all I the info I could get. Hope that helps.
Can you stack them?

This is probably the millionth time this has been asked, but does anyone know when the extended return policy on preowned kicks in?

I want to "rent" Arkham Origins before the servers get shut down in a month.

What's the refurb on an original Xbox one? Anyone know off hand? Calling the store is a hassle now with this automated system and a serial has to be scanned to get the fee

pur_nov16.jpg

Decided to pick up RAGE at GS for $4, now that it is BC, didn't want it to climb in price like Orange Box did.
It'll probably go up Wednesday with all the other price changes. Get it while you can.
What is odd is that the website sells the game for $4.96, but in-store it is $9.99. The guy offered to adjust the price for me, but I always though that the online price of $4.96 signified that the price was LOWER than that in store.

What is odd is that the website sells the game for $4.96, but in-store it is $9.99. The guy offered to adjust the price for me, but I always though that the online price of $4.96 signified that the price was LOWER than that in store.
Looks like it already changed but the online price still reflects the lower price ($2.99), honestly I had not been paying attention to it. Looking back at it's history it has gone like this:

10/18/16 - $2.99

10/19/16 - $4.99 - this was a general price increase for all PS3, 360, Wii games price between 1.99 and 3.99

10/28/16 - $9.99 - Assuming this was right after it was announced BC.

Obviously not all at once, but yes, 4/month is the trade-in limit for the same title per platform.
Thanks, so basically I want to use the 40% bonus four times so if I go in and trade them in can I put another $5 down on Pokemon Sun or Moon or do I have to make another preorder of Sun and Moon.

Thanks, so basically I want to use the 40% bonus four times so if I go in and trade them in can I put another $5 down on Pokemon Sun or Moon or do I have to make another preorder of Sun and Moon.
Ppl said you get bonus on $5 preorder and then they get the bonus again when they pay off the game. Not sure if you can add another $5.

It did when I went into the store, luckily the $4 sticker was still on it, so he honored it. Glad I read about the BC games that come out. Also, was lucky got a great case, manual, etc.

So now that Gamestop is taking retro stuff I gathered a pile of games I no longer wanted to trade in. I originally wanted to take advantage of the 20% extra trade in credit towards the games listed on the weekly ad, but apparently preordering pokemon sun or moon nets you a larger trade in bonus. I jumped from $248 of GS credit preordering dishonored 2 to $285 GS credit preordering for Moon version.

Just passing the info along! :D 

Sorry to bring up promos again, but wasn't there something for getting BF 1 Battlepacks if you preordered Titanfall 2? I had both paid off well in advance & got no Battlepacks when I picked up Titanfall 2 on Sunday, just the pre order Nitro pack.

I'm not sure I follow on this COD:IW promo. I trade in a PS4/X1 game worth at least $3, and I get the base value plus $10 coupon added later automatically? Can I use the any of the other pre-order promos too, or this like the EA pass where they have to add a sku? Just want to make sure I understand this one.

Sorry to bring up promos again, but wasn't there something for getting BF 1 Battlepacks if you preordered Titanfall 2? I had both paid off well in advance & got no Battlepacks when I picked up Titanfall 2 on Sunday, just the pre order Nitro pack.
I preordered TF2 on the 25th and don't see a code on my receipt. I also picked up Battlefield at the same time. I figured the packs would be on the preorder since they want to you to play while waiting on TF2.

Sorry for all the questions I was wondering if you could call a store to ship you a preowned game from another store. I know you can do it instore but I was hoping to save myself a trip to Gamestop.

Sorry for all the questions I was wondering if you could call a store to ship you a preowned game from another store. I know you can do it instore but I was hoping to save myself a trip to Gamestop.
I had success doing this with the Disney Infinity saga bundle earlier this year.

i think for that promo to work, you had to preorder titanfall the same day you picked up battlefield. i preordered titanfall a few days before and also didnt get any battlepacks code picking up battlefield or titanfall. i emailed gamestop support but never got a response.

I pre ordered Tittanfall 2 when I picked up Battlefield 1 and got the battle packs . 1 promo code on Battlefields receipt that gave 3 battle packs

I'm not sure I follow on this COD:IW promo. I trade in a PS4/X1 game worth at least $3, and I get the base value plus $10 coupon added later automatically? Can I use the any of the other pre-order promos too, or this like the EA pass where they have to add a sku? Just want to make sure I understand this one.
My question is if I put $5 down on successive trades on the same pre-order if the promo credits will still be added.

My question is if I put $5 down on successive trades on the same pre-order if the promo credits will still be added.
I traded in ghost a few days ago towards an existing preorder. Still haven't gotten the coupon, it may have to be towards new pre orders. If I don't get it tomorrow I'll give them a call or go into my store see what they can do.

I traded in ghost a few days ago towards an existing preorder. Still haven't gotten the coupon, it may have to be towards new pre orders. If I don't get it tomorrow I'll give them a call or go into my store see what they can do.
i got an email about it and technically it says the coupon will appear in active offers no later than november 3rd. so that is probably what they will tell you if you contact them.

I only need $40 for a fire stick so that's perfect. Thanks!
what? i will sell you one for $20, barely used. either way, those sticks are always on sale black friday. its your money but id definitely wait to see who sells it for the biggest discount, unless you are just planning to price adjust on any sales.

i got an email about it and technically it says the coupon will appear in active offers no later than november 3rd. so that is probably what they will tell you if you contact them.
Thanks was trying to look for more information like when the coupons should go out.

For the credit that you recieve for sun moon, if it's more than the preorder does it roll over? I'm pretty sure it does, I just want some confirmation.

I pre ordered Tittanfall 2 when I picked up Battlefield 1 and got the battle packs . 1 promo code on Battlefields receipt that gave 3 battle packs
So the preorder had to be made in the same transaction as the BF 1 pickup, even though I had preordered Titanfall 2 months before. That sucks, but thanks.

Yes, but you only need to put $5 down to trigger that promo's TIV bump.
Thanks man. I fully intend on buying them I was just wondering the trade in value credit rollover. I can basically get them for free now (extra credit I couldn't use on my Solgaleo and Lunala 3ds but a little extra credit is nothing to sneeze at.

So apparently not every retro game is being accepted. I took in a pile of GC games I got from back in the 75% off days and they said that they couldn't take my copy of Godzilla Destroy All Monsters Melee or the two-disc Resident Evil (they said it had to be the anniversary version, which they couldn't tell from the generic case). Is this a real thing or did they make it up?

So apparently not every retro game is being accepted. I took in a pile of GC games I got from back in the 75% off days and they said that they couldn't take my copy of Godzilla Destroy All Monsters Melee or the two-disc Resident Evil (they said it had to be the anniversary version, which they couldn't tell from the generic case). Is this a real thing or did they make it up?
Not every GameCube game is on the app. Some like Mario Kart: Double Dash don't have values even if they appear.

Mario Kart Double Dash is $14 base. And yes, they don't take every retro game out there, just like they don't take every modern game out there.

Yes they do not take in the Godzilla game but they do take in the 2 disc Resident Evil Remake on the GC regardless of the case. So they are only half BSing you. Below is a full list of the games they do take in from the website however many GC and GBA games still have NA as a TIV.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1QHes9WjTbQvu-uB5Bkp_cwrKtJtZiqANFr_RfwvzkYs/edit#gid=984439758

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back